Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Michael Evans

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert

Robert Report 5 Aug 2014 20:49

I want to find my cousin, Michael Evans, last seen when he was aged 10 years and living in Wandsworth, London. He was born in 1956 so would now be 58 years old.
His Father was Rev. Stanley Evans Vicar of St Marks Church in the 1960s.
His Mother was Heti Evans and she was of German origin.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Bob Evans

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

patchem

patchem Report 5 Aug 2014 21:07

Welcome to the boards, Robert.

Do you know whether Stanley and Heti are still alive?

Thank-you

Added:
Do you know where Stanley and Heti married, and where Michael was born?

patchem

patchem Report 5 Aug 2014 21:26

Just for info:

'The Morning Service (1964)
From St Mark’s Church, Battersea Rise

Broadcast
5 Jan 1964, 11:00 (75 mins) on ITV

and takes the form of Parish Communion. Celebrant and Preacher The Rev. Stanley Evans. Organist Frederick W. Hammant. The red brick building of St Mark’s Church was built in 1874 and lies in the fork of...'

patchem

patchem Report 5 Aug 2014 21:36

There are other Stanley Evans who were vicars in London at around the same time.

A little more information is needed - or have you considered contacting the church?

http://www.stmarks-battersea.org.uk/

patchem

patchem Report 6 Aug 2014 17:59

Robert has pm'd me, details include:

Stanley was born in Cirencester, Gloucestershire, He married Heti in 1952, I cannot find a marriage record in this country, I know they arrived back in England in 1952, so I assume they married when in Germany

I believe Michael was born in either Blackfriers London, Reigate Surrey or Wandsworth London.

My Uncle definitely took part in the TV broadcast in 1964, I remember the family watching it.

patchem

patchem Report 6 Aug 2014 18:12

If he was definitely born in 1956, there are these possibilities in London and Surrey (not Reigate, Wandsworth or Blackfriars):

Births Mar 1956
Evans Michael Gurney Croydon
Births Jun 1956
Evans Michael P Munro Southwark
Births Sep 1956
Evans Michael J Keitling Lambeth
Evans Michael S Shean Hammersmith
Births Dec 1956
Evans Michael Keville Hammersmith
Evans Michael Evans Hammersmith
Evans Michael H Paget Marylebone
Evans Michael P Landymore Croydon
Births Mar 1957
EVANS Michael G PORTER Surrey N.E.
EVANS Michael W MAHONY Stepney

You can look yourself on free bmd:

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Robert

Robert Report 7 Aug 2014 13:20

I have searched several of these michael's, however there is no way of finding out if one of them is my michael without buying the birth certificates.

It would help if I could find his mothers maiden name, I am hoping that the Church may be able to help with this, however, they have said that they cannot respond until the 15th August.

Thanks
Bob

Robert

Robert Report 21 Aug 2014 11:24

I have contacted St Marks Church, Lambeth Palace Records office and Metropolitan Archives for information. I have also ordered a birth certificate for Michael Evans from one on the list of Michaels, which I feel is the most likely.

I await responses to all these sources, unfortunately it takes quite a long time.

Robert Evans

Robert

Robert Report 11 Sep 2014 18:41

I have received responses to my enquiries from several sources which has given me further information on Rev. Stanley Evans, but not Michael Evans. Stanley Evans was Vicar of St Marks Church, Battersea Rise from 1960 to 1967. He was then at Perry Hill from 1967 to 1976, Rural Deacon of West Lewisham from 1973 to 1977, Honorary Canon of Southwark from 1975, Vicar of Kingswood Diocese of Southwark from 1976. Vicarage, Woodland Way, Kingswood, Tadworth, Surrey. I believe Stanley died in 1983.

I ordered a birth cert for Michael, but had my fee refunded as they said that they could not match any of the Michaels with the details given. I just do not know where to go from here, help!!!

patchem

patchem Report 11 Sep 2014 19:45

Death certificate for Stanley to see who the informant was?

When you asked for the birth certificate for Michael, did you just specify father Stanley, or more details?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Sep 2014 20:06

The one born in Lambeth was an only child, has a German mother's maiden name and was in the area his father worked. Was this the one your ordered?

Rose

Robert

Robert Report 12 Sep 2014 09:02

patchem: I will order the death certificate for stanley.

I specified the mother as Heti Keitling hoping this was her maiden name..

Rose: I did order the certificate for the one born in Lambeth, how did you know he was an only child? I was guessing that Keitling was a German name.

Thanks for your help
Robert

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 12 Sep 2014 10:11

Heti Paula Evans ??

London, England, Electoral Registers, 1832-1965 Census & Electoral Roll
Name: Heti Paula Evans
Residence: 1965 - city

ancestry.com

Robert

Robert Report 12 Sep 2014 10:51

FAIRTHORN:

This looks a strong possibility, however I have searched the electroral roll for 1965 and they say there are no results for Heti Paula Evans.

Perhaps I am doinig something wrong!

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 12 Sep 2014 12:03

You can have a free 14 days trial on Ancestry OR someone on here may have a subscription & access the data for you .. it should also say who else was residing at that address.

Pam

Pam Report 12 Sep 2014 15:20

Stanley was also living there and the address was 7 Elsynge Road.

Edit:

Also in the house were Ann M Trender and Laurence Trender.

Robert

Robert Report 12 Sep 2014 17:12

Pam:

Excellent, Stanley and family did live at 7 Elsynge Road, Wandsworth, until 1967.

This proves that Heti Paula Evans is the correct name. Wish I could find her maiden name.

I do not know who Ann M Trender or Laurence Trender were.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 12 Sep 2014 21:02

That could still be the correct birth certificate. The problem with specifying more details than required is they won't issue the certificate if your details don't EXACTLY match.

For example, she might have used Esther/Henrietta instead of Heti or the typist who worked on the birth registration indexes might have made an error typing Keitling, when it was really something different.

Have you looked on FMP for overseas marriages?

Rose

Robert

Robert Report 13 Sep 2014 08:52

Rose:

That is interesting, sorry to be a bit thick, but what is FMP?

Thanks
Robert

Pam

Pam Report 13 Sep 2014 08:55

FMP = Find My Past