Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Pamela Ward

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 13 Sep 2014 17:09

Looking for Pamela Jane Ward, born 1946 in Wombourn Stafford (think it comes under Wolverhampton) to Harry Sidney Ward & Doris May Ward (formally Prosser). Assume she married so is no longer Ward but can't track a marriage match down on any records. New to this so I'm probably missing something!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Sep 2014 17:22

her birth is on FreeBMD under Bilston reg district

BILSTON REGISTRATION DISTRICT

Registration County : Staffordshire.
Created : 1.4.1935 (out of Wolverhampton registration district).
Abolished : 1.4.1966 (to become part of Seisdon, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Cannock, Dudley, and West Bromwich registration districts).
Sub-districts : Bilston, Kinver, Tettenhall, Wombourne.
GRO volumes : 6b (1935-46), 9B (1946-66).
Registers currently held at : Walsall and Staffordshire (Cannock

Wombourn

Staffordshire

Abolished 1.4.1966 to become part of the parish of Wombourne. See also Table 2, notes (a), (g) and (k).

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Sep 2014 17:23

she has two brothers born in 1949 and 1952 also on FreeBMD

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Sep 2014 17:27

Marriages Sep 1942
Prosser Doris M Ward Wolverhampton 6b 1545
Ward Harry S Prosser Wolverhampton 6b 1545

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Sep 2014 17:33

if you can trace her parents deaths then she could be an informant on one of the certs

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Sep 2014 17:35

There is a possible marriage for that name in 1963. Will pm the details and also a possible address from the electoral register for the couple in the marriage. Not sure if it's the person you are looking for.

Kath. x

patchem

patchem Report 13 Sep 2014 18:12

Welcome to the boards, Michael.

Your post has been requested for review.

Did you put some confidential information about a living person?

I hope that the person who reported your post got in contact with you to explain the reason why, and also gave you the opportunity to amend your post, but that is unlikely in the time frame.

Also, none of the helpers who posted asked you to alter your post, so they did not think it infringed confidentiality.

I did not have a chance to read it before it disappeared.

Better copy any information on this thread to elsewhere, in case the whole thread disappears.

jax

jax Report 13 Sep 2014 18:23

There is obviously someone on this site who has not got the decency to ask people to remove whatever was wrong

Totally out of order to report a thread from someone who probably only joined today.

Please do not be put off by this idiot Michael

Island

Island Report 13 Sep 2014 18:34

I saw this on General Chat and set about looking for a marriage. Presumably someone told Michael to delete and post it on FLR.

Michael, there are 61 marriages for Pamela J Wards between 1958 and 2004. I'm wondering if and how you have discounted them all.

If I remember correctly, Michael posted this ladies date of birth - but the RR'r could have alerted him. :-\

edit. I've just noticed this is Michaels first post. How is he supposed to know what the RR'r disapproves of?

Michael

Michael Report 13 Sep 2014 22:36

OK I'm totally confused now!!! Have I done something wrong???? The information in my post is readily available. Can a mod please contact me to advise?

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Sep 2014 22:45

Michael, don't worry, it may be that you put an actual birthdate? (ie day ) in your query and someone reported it. It is generally advisable only to use month and year.

GR admin will either edit it out on Monday when they are back at work or if that was not the problem they may well reinstate your post as you wrote it.

:-)

jax

jax Report 13 Sep 2014 22:45

There are no moderators on this site as such Michael.....infact it is disgraceful that as a paying site it does not have them

Genes staff do not usually work weekends so they will look at your thread Monday probably...then decide yay or nay whether it can stay or not

Island

Island Report 15 Sep 2014 11:19

Michael??? :-S :-S :-S

Michael

Michael Report 15 Sep 2014 11:50

Hi Speechless, I discounted all that were not Pamela Jane Ward, or didn't give her mother's maiden name as Prosser. All that left was a couple of dead ends.

Island

Island Report 15 Sep 2014 13:20

Island not Speechless :-)

Michael, sorry to be thick/nosey but how did you discount all 61 marriages without knowing Pamelas married name?

Michael

Michael Report 15 Sep 2014 13:38

Oh yeah! Sorry!

The marriage has to be 1963 and onwards - too young prior to this.

I'm pretty sure the wedding would be in Staffordshire and I managed to track the possibles down on Facebook and for one reason or another (mostly relating to her parents) I was able to discount them.

The concrete information I have is;

Pamelas date & place of birth / her parents names, their date of births and their date of deaths (sadly). Her mother's maiden name.

Are there any marriage records where you can search a name with a specified date of birth?

Alternatively, if I have her parents details, is there a way to search to see if they had any other children?

All help gratefully received!

Many thanks!

Island

Island Report 15 Sep 2014 13:55

I'd look further afield than the birth county Michael, she could have moved elsewhere as a single woman.

I'm assuming she is a relative?

No, there isn't a way of tracing a marriage via date of birth.

Yes, you can search for potential siblings by entering fathers surname and mothers maiden name somewhere such as FreeBMD.

Island

Island Report 15 Sep 2014 14:12

OP is back. It would be wise to edit to just birth year Michael as I assume the full date is what made someone report your post. It would have been nice if they had let you know.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 15 Sep 2014 14:34

Do you have a proven connection to this lady?

When did you last see her?

Who registered the deaths of her parents?

You can easily look for siblings for Pamela on freebmd

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Marriages Sep 1942 (>99%)
Prosser Doris M Ward Wolverhampton 6b 1545
Ward Harry S Prosser Wolverhampton 6b 1545

BTW, the mother's name won't appear on ANY record of marriage in England or Wales

Island

Island Report 15 Sep 2014 14:39

:-S

Why does Michael need to prove any connection with this lady to other GR members?