Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 6 May 2015 20:03

Does anyone have any information on Mrs S Greensitt a foster parent who originally lived in Heaton Rd London then moved to Elmer Sands Bognor Regis please? She fostered me in 1952.

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 May 2015 20:18

Possible sadly, given location?

UK, Select Cemetery Registers, 1873-2014

Name: Sarah Greensitt
Birth Date: abt 1896
Burial Age: 66
Burial Date: 18 Jun 1962
Interment Number: 10379
Grave number: 181.A.
Cemetery: Bognor Regis Cemetery
Burial Place: Bognor Regis, West Sussex, England

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 May 2015 20:22

electoral roll for 1952

Name: Sarah Greensitt
Year: 1952
County or Borough: Southwark
Ward or Division/Constituency: Dulwich
Street address: 3 Heaton Road

with John W Greensitt

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 May 2015 15:52

This could be her hubby
First name(s) JOHN W
Last name GREENSITT
Gender Male
Birth day -
Birth month -
Birth year 1893
Age 74
Death quarter 3
Death year 1967
District WORTHING
County Sussex
Volume 5H
Page 808
Country England

Margaret

Margaret Report 7 May 2015 21:13

Oh dear, I've come to a full stop then, thank you Rose and Shirley for your help.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 May 2015 09:21

What exactly were you hoping to find out?

If it was info about your birth family, have you approached social services to access your file?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 8 May 2015 09:23

Margaret already has several threads about her birth mother etc

Margaret

Margaret Report 8 May 2015 18:00

I have now had access to my file. My birth mother (Mary Theresa Farrelly, 90 Highbury, Islington (pre-birth) worked for Lyons Corner House Oxford Street up until 8 days before I was born in July 1952. I was born in London Free Hospital Maternity Annex 4 weeks prematurely. Apparently my birth mother left there on 18.07.52 but did not return to her home according to her landlady. She left me with Mr & Mrs Greensitt (who were foster parents) when I was 5 weeks old, saying she was going to look for a foster parent in Camberwell. That was the last anyone saw of her. I can't help but think Mr & Mrs Greensitt must have known her but it was all so long ago that there is no-one to ask. Not sure where to go from here as I dont know how old she was, hospital notes say about 19. Someone from Crusade of Rescue has put in file they thought she had a brother living at 46 Guidford Rd SW8 but thought he might have gone into the Army (No name mentioned). A long post but if anyway could suggest another avenue to go down I would be grateful.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Jun 2015 09:38

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1352435