Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Calvert married Pomfrett

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 30 Oct 2015 20:46

Elizabeth L.Calvert married W.G. Pomfret in Qtr 4 in Windsor in 1948
Do you know if they have any children

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 30 Oct 2015 20:52

Linda you can search here

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

using the mother's and fathers' surnames

the births would be too recent (living people) to put the names on the public board here

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 30 Oct 2015 20:54

the search turns up no births (checked at Ancestry for completed index as well in case any not transcribed at freebmd)

do you know whether this was Elizabeth's first marriage?

if not, any births would show her birth surname, rather than her first married surname, if Calvert was her name by a first marriage

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 30 Oct 2015 21:00

for info (initials are no use when names are available)

Marriages Dec 1948
Calvert Elizabeth Pomfret Windsor 6a 392a
Pomfret William G Calvert Windsor 6a 392A

there is no birth for a William G Pomfret in England between 1865 and 1935

I don't see deaths to match those names; might they be still living?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 30 Oct 2015 21:18

Canadian?

William and Ellen Promfret appear to be returning to Canada in 1955.both Canadain citizens.,related?

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Oct 2015 21:26

I don't know if there is a connection to the thread on FA but adding the link here ( for ref helpers) just in case, as there seems to be a Canadian link along the way?

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1355839

Kay????

Kay???? Report 30 Oct 2015 21:33

1901 census show Promfret in Lancashire,uk.

There is almost certainly a connection between the above Promfret as the address they left in UK was in Barking and the area of marriage of William G and Elizabeth,

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 30 Oct 2015 22:56

I don't understand that Kay???? ... there are dozens of William Pomfrets in Lancashire in 1901?

William (1890) and Ellen (1888) Pomfret travelled to Canada in 1956 but I'm not sure what the connection is

Kay????

Kay???? Report 30 Oct 2015 23:10

They traveled on issued Canadian passports they lived in CA.,and were CA citizens,,,,,,perhaps William G was a son?,,,,,,you say his birth isnt indexed in E/Wales.......so perhaps hes Canadian.and parents been on a visit to Barking.?.

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Oct 2015 23:17

I have added a link to the thread on FA re Pomfret family Windsor, don't know if it is Linda's query?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=695275.0

malyon

malyon Report 30 Oct 2015 23:30

there is no birth for william george pomfret

i think this coul be williams birth

Births Sep 1893 (>99%)
Pumfrey William George Witney 3a 902

this is his death

Deaths Mar 1966 (>99%)
PUMFREY WILLIAM G 72 CHELSEA 5A 767

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Oct 2015 23:38

Please see other thread on FA, I think this one will lead down the wrong path if the info from other sites isn't taken into account.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 31 Oct 2015 14:30

there is such seemingly unconnected information posted in so many places, not just here but all around the net, and such a dearth of actual information in all cases (does anyone know the Pomfrey family of Windsor? seriously?) (although I do see the further info here in the other active thread, on Ancestors) ... that I really don't know how anyone is supposed to help

Maybe Linda should specify she isn't looking for assistance from helpers, just hoping someone related will see the messages someday, since the info needed for helping just hasn't been really forthcoming

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Oct 2015 14:47

Joonie, have mentioned on the other thread that Linda should update GR and other sites if she changes her email address at any point, so that the missing family member/s can still make contact. If missing family members do google the names they will certainly find a lot. :-)

Linda

Linda Report 5 Nov 2015 23:26

William G.Pomfrett was registered in the name of Lewin his mothers name born 1919
He married Elizabeth T Calvert in 1948 he later on reverted back to pomfret after his father George Henry Pomfret married Alice Lewin in 1921 his mother. His brother Ronald H Pomfret b.1923-1998 died in Sefton Lancashire his wife Primrose Pomfret nee Primrose Mary Bracken died 1981 also Lancashire.
I still cannot find a William G Pomfret 1919 any ideas?

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Nov 2015 23:42

So this is the birth

Births Dec 1919 (>99%)

Lewin William G M Lewin Windsor 2c 674

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 6 Nov 2015 00:21

I guess this is where we sing a resounding chorus of "You're Welcome!"

anyway, if William was registered as Lewin at birth, what are you looking for when you say you can't find a William G Pomfret 1919? Death?

do you know his middle name? it can be a lot more useful than an initial, and nobody here knows it.

we've made it from 'W.G.', the most useless thing possible, to 'William G' but if you could set the middle name free ........

or any chance of an actual date of birth?

if you don't have his birth certificate to get that info, you need it

it's the only way to match a death record, if the death was after 1969 anyway

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Nov 2015 00:31

Linda if you do have the marriage cert, does Elizabeth have a middle initial, as it doesn't show on freebmd, and you have mentioned it as Elizabeth L and Elizabeth T ?? It would help to know for sure.

Linda

Linda Report 6 Nov 2015 08:09

Right I will check. As I can't find a death certificate for William I am assuming he is still alive, but I don't know he would be 97! I would like to find out where he moved to after Windsor. I have ordered his birth certificate

Linda

Linda Report 6 Nov 2015 08:14

Yes I. noticed the two different initials for Elizabeth I have ordered the marriage certificate to check.