Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth father Ronnie , Ron

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paula

Paula Report 21 Nov 2017 23:56

Reposting has it’s been 4 years since my last post

I'm trying to find my husbands birth father, he was adopted in 1971 at 6 weeks old in stetford manchester, we've found his birth mum but she did'nt want to speak about his father, but her sister was willing to give us information about him. His name is Ronnie he was born in manchester 1943-45ish surname possibly brocklehurst brocklebank brockle or brockleby, he work in the trafford park area as a steel fixer in the late 60s early 70s. We found his mother through genes reunited, we're hoping to find his dad on here too. Anyone who can help please do get in touch.

Many thanks
Paula

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 22 Nov 2017 00:19

Previous thread for more information:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1326955

Rose

Paula

Paula Report 22 Nov 2017 07:16

Hi Rose, There’s nothing on there that I don’t already know.

Paula

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 22 Nov 2017 09:48

Paula

Rose has put that link up for the benefit of other searchers - to avoid them wasting time looking for info you already have

Paula

Paula Report 22 Nov 2017 10:18

Oh ok sorry it’s been awhile since I was on here

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Nov 2017 10:50

If you go to freebmd, you can search for Ronnie or Ronald no last name for the years between 1941 and 47 say, I had a look last night and could not see anyone of those exact surnames, in Manchester, so you will have to look at other names that look possible and through areas close perhaps.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 22 Nov 2017 11:05

How do you know he was born in Manchester?

Rose

Paula

Paula Report 22 Nov 2017 13:23

Thanks I will check it out NYX

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Nov 2017 17:23

I don't like to post the same thing on two different current threads - but don't know which one is in use now!

Paula -

what was Ronnie's mother's maiden surname, please?

And to repeat Rose's question -

how do you know he was born in Manchester?

Paula

Paula Report 22 Nov 2017 18:01

Hi Argyllgran, I don’t know what his mother’s maiden name we’re not sure about his surname it could be Brockel brocklehurst brockelby brocklebank but it’s definitely brockle something , my partners birth mum won’t discuss him but her sister gave us some details about him which I’ve posted

Not sure about him being born in Manchester , but nothing was said about him having a different accent

Paula

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Nov 2017 19:49

Sorry, got confused - I was thinking the birth mother you mentioned was Ronnie's, but she's your partner's.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Nov 2017 20:36

The Ronny Brocleby who posted on the other thread just doesn't seem to exist in the bmds

Presume you tried to contact with no response??

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 23 Nov 2017 00:52

I was just about to ask the same thing.

He gave the surname of the woman he went out with, and it matches with a birth in 1971 in Barton (showing that the child was adopted), which matches with Paula's info about her husband's birth.

That Ronny seems to be an absolute sure bet to be the right person!

I wonder whether Ronny just mistyped his name. Brocklesby? A 1942 birth in Sheffield would match that name.

Two people have that person in their family trees here at Genes Reunited.

Paula, if you were not able to contact him in 2013, you could try to reach those tree owners, and just say that he posted a message four years ago in your thread on the board (no need to say about what) and he wanted to get in touch with you.

Meanwhile you could put your husband in your own family tree under his birth surname, so that if anyone searches for him by that name, they will find you.

(The name Brockleby, no 's', shows only 3 entries at Freebmd, but the 1939 register shows several more, mostly quite old. However, it seems to have become extinct in England with the marriage of a Ms. Brockleby in 1968.)

Paula

Paula Report 23 Nov 2017 07:28

Hi he went by the name of Ronnie I’ve search different name variations Ronald , Ron etc , I did contact him on the other thread but he never got back to me , I sent another message yesterday but no response. I will add my husbands birth name to my tree and see if I get any matches.

Many thanks
Paula

Paula

Paula Report 23 Nov 2017 07:33

P.s my husband is on my tree as his adoptive name how would I add his birth name ?

Paula

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 23 Nov 2017 18:31

For your tree, just add him as a separate person who is a child of the same parents (and then you don't have to add spouse and children etc.). It's your tree, you can put what you want in it. :-)

I have done that for ancestors who went by different names. Just entered them as different people by those names.

What an awful shame that he never got back to you. Googling his name (as Brocklesby) has not turned up anyone on the internet who might be him (the fellow who had his dog stolen was only 58 years old, so not him, for instance).

Do you know whether he read your earlier message? If there is still an envelope beside it in your Sent Messages folder, it was never read.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 23 Nov 2017 18:40

Also Paula, please take my advice (below in my Researching line) and use the WATCH THIS THREAD function here (and on any of your remaining threads).

That way, if someone adds a message in future, you will get an email to tell you. IF you keep your email address in this account current.

And please do not delete threads. That doesn't erase the sin of starting multiple threads about the same thing, it just compounds it by making it impossible for people to see what suggestions and research were posted in the past.

In future, please always come back to this thread (as the most recent one) and add to it instead of starting a new one.

You just click MY THREADS over on the left to find any threads you have started or added to.

Rambling

Rambling Report 23 Nov 2017 18:57

If it is the Ronald born 1942 you can find a sibling born Sheffield 1947 ( see freebmd.org.uk) that name is also on several people's trees so worth messaging them.

Same goes for a Ronald born Bradford 1947 he also has a sibling.

Paula

Paula Report 23 Nov 2017 22:06

Hi thanks all I’ve added him to my tree with his birth mum, I always tick the box on watch my thread. I’m gonna do another search again and I will give those names and dates ago to . Ronnie never reply the envelope is still closed on both messages.

Thank you to all
Paula

Paula

Paula Report 24 Nov 2017 10:56

Hi all I’ve sent messages to all brocklesby and Brockle fingers crossed one of them could be him.

Paula