Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP PLEASE IN FINDING SOMEONE

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 30 Mar 2023 21:25

Hello, I'm trying to find the following:-

Mary T Tidman born 6 January 1949.

In 2002 in Surrey, England she married a James Andrew Newman born 1963.

I found an address for them but unfortunately the property sold in 2022 and I've been unable to find anything else.

If anyone can help then would you please be kind enough to private message me.

Thanking you in advance.

Kathryn

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Mar 2023 21:28

If the property was sold in 2022 it may still be worth writing to that address to see if they have any info on where they went

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 30 Mar 2023 21:33

Thank you Shirley. Do you happen to know when the next ER will be published ie for 2023 as they may well be on that?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 30 Mar 2023 21:36

She would be in her mid 70’s now. Possibly downsized, or unfortunately deceased. Have you tried local papers for death notices for both?

Googling gives a man of that name with a current address in Esher.

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 30 Mar 2023 21:53

Hello namelessone, would you please be able to private message me that address, I would be so grateful?

Kindest,

Kathryn

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 30 Mar 2023 21:56

Hello again, I've just googled this person and he has the wrong year of birth. The James Andrew I'm looking for was born in 1963. Thank you for your help in any event.

Kindest,

Kathryn

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Mar 2023 22:04

?? Death:

NEWMAN, MARY THERESE 1949
GRO Reference: DOR Q3/2021 in SURREY (759-1D) Entry Number 522660022

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Mar 2023 22:06

There’s a member on here looking for you, Kathryn, board name jenny

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 30 Mar 2023 22:10

Hello ArgyllGran, thank you, I think this is the Mary I'm looking for. I can't find the death on Ancestry, would you please be so kind as to let me know where you found this. I looked under England and Wales Death Index 1989-2021 bit it's not showing up.

It might be helpful if I could find James being that he was married to Mary.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest,

Kathryn

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 30 Mar 2023 22:13

Hello ErikaH, can you please private message me. I think I know who this is.

Kindest,

Kathryn

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Mar 2023 22:18

The death shows on the GRO site:
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content

You have to register, but it's free to search births and deaths.

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 30 Mar 2023 22:31

Hello ArgyllGran, I've just ordered the Certificate. This is definitely the Mary I'm looking for. Hopefully it will give me the name of the informant whom I hope is James and an address. Thank you so much. I know it's sad but at least I now know. Always too late. She was born the same year as myself.

Kindest regards,

Kathryn

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Mar 2023 22:33

Unfortunately, as Mary died in 2021, the address on the death cert will presumably just be the Epsom one which was sold in 2022.

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 30 Mar 2023 22:41

Thank you for this, I wasn't thinking straight. Am getting tired now, been up far too long. I guess I'll have to keep looking for James. He's a lot younger than Mary having been born in 1963 and she in 1949. Am hoping that he's still alive and that I'm able to find him.

Thank you again for all your help. I'll leave this thread open in case anyone can find James for me.

Kindest regards,

Kathryn

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 30 Mar 2023 22:43

Not sure why the death isn't showing up on Ancestry in

All England and Wales, Death Index, 1989-2021 results for Mary Newman.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Mar 2023 22:48

The Epsom address is a retirement flat in a block of several such flats.

I've PM'd you a link to the flats.
You could try writing to the management, in the hope that they know James's new address, and might forward a letter from you to him.

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 30 Mar 2023 22:55

Hello all,

Am off to bed now as it's been a really long day for me.

If anyone messages then I will reply in the morning. Thank you one and all for your help. Very much appreciated. Just hope I can find James.

Kindest regards,

Kathryn

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Mar 2023 07:51

Kathryn

The death won’t show on ancestry as it’s too recent

My hubby passed in 2015 and his death doesn’t show on ancestry!

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 31 Mar 2023 10:23

Hi Shirley. There is an England and Wales Death Index 1989-2021 on Ancestry. I have found more recent deaths on this site up to 2021 but not Mary's. If you haven't tried already then give it a go.

Kindest,

Kathryn

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Mar 2023 10:32

Ancestry has to be paid for!

The GRO index is FREE and more up-to-date

On another tack, hope you won't take umbrage if I point out that if Mary (Tidman) hadn't died, your posting on here of her actual DoB could have left her open to identity theft - and be in contravention of site guidelines.
Something to bear in mind ;-) ;-)