Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CMT: New boards format CLOSED

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 5 May 2011 13:40

:D

I have browsed through the boards and have come to the conclusion that the new set up could be an improvement. Time will tell....let's give it a chance.

What I WOULD suggest, however, is that GR advise members posting on the Find Living rellies thread to look in the trees on this site. In fact, I think that board needs a bit more doing to it ........but not sure what :S

Astra

Astra Report 5 May 2011 13:56

It's amazing what can happen in the few short hours that I work these days.
Signed ou this morning and everything was normal. Came home and signed in and it's all changed.

Having had a good look around I must admit that I like this new arrangement with the major research queries now focused on the two boards.

The proof of the pudding as they say. See how it works out in use but at the moment I think it is a positive change for the better.

Blue1

Blue1 Report 5 May 2011 13:57

STOP mucking about with the message boards!

where is records office,tips board and trying to find!

not been on for a few days
may send GR a message.Am i missing something,did GR inform us at some point that they were going to change everything?

Blue

RobG

RobG Report 5 May 2011 14:23

Blue,

They informed us.........about an hour and a hlf before your post... that they were doing it at that moment.
There seems to have been no advanced notice.

Their "warning" and another detailing the changes can be found under Announcements.

I'm not against most of the changes, but a bit of a heads up in advance would be courteous (seems a little lacking at the moment!!)

Maddy888

Maddy888 Report 5 May 2011 15:47

:-) Hello,

Liking the new additions-they are great, well done Genes.
The Living Relatives board is a bonus nice and private and its down to those people, like me, that recieve help to ensure we thank the volunteers, whom might think the layout of this particular board is fruitless for all thier efforts-it isn`t.
Being able to find the spouse with marraige entries is another welcomed change.
All looking good, which may help to entice more people to sign up on this website, the more the merrier. :D

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 5 May 2011 15:49

Im with you Astra.......and :P to those that dont like it and dont want to try it first to see how it goes...

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 5 May 2011 15:51

I love it,and they have added an icon specially for me to send to you MrsCx........ :P

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 5 May 2011 17:28

For goodness sake stop whinging. The changes have been made as a result of member requests through the recent survey.....!

I do, however, agree that a tinzy bit of notice might help.

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 5 May 2011 22:21

a lot of people whinged last time there was a major change to the boards. Can anyone remember what the changes were???

I think we all got used to most of them fairly quickly

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 May 2011 00:51

I like it

but there are one or two tweakings that I would like to see

principal one ................ reinstate the No New Posts icon

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 6 May 2011 06:27

Ann, you are absolutely right. There are always those who whinge whenever there are changes, wanting it put back the way it was.

However, what they conveniently overlook is that "the way it was" was the very change that they whinged about when it was introduced during the previous upgrade.....!

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 6 May 2011 07:11

I like it too Sylvia after I worked out what had happened

Nice to see when members joined and some photo's

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 6 May 2011 08:10

Totally agree IGP. :-)

Progress is about change, and without change we would have the boards of 2002-3

If we reverted people wouldn't half moan :D

Blue1

Blue1 Report 6 May 2011 10:50

I hated the stupid wallpaper effect,and the layout of my tree page last time they changed things,I still do.
I am not altogether against change,would just like a preveiw of what GR intend or some advance warning

Blue

Persephone

Persephone Report 6 May 2011 11:08

When I looked at this one - it quoted five posts and 65 views, so I thought I could at least say.

Persie was here :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 May 2011 15:49

I think it is a vast improvement and I have told them so.

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 6 May 2011 15:55

What big teeth you have Cynthia ............ ;-)

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 6 May 2011 15:59

They're not as bigs as my eyes Frank! :P

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 6 May 2011 16:20

No,nor yer belly I bet........
:D

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 6 May 2011 18:42

But would advance warning make you like the changes ? Or just give people more time to object ?

I quite like the surprise we've had really. The last day has had a community feel I've not felt on here for a long time.