Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please moderate the Find Living Relatives board

Page 4 + 1 of 5

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 27 Apr 2012 18:43

Quite probably KenSE, as some do now... but if GR moderates that one board, which is where 99% of the new members drawn in by L L Family go first, at least it would throw out a clear sign that the way posts are worded is important.

KenSE

KenSE Report 27 Apr 2012 18:27

The trouble is that if that board is moderated then the other boards will get used instead. So all boards will need to be moderated.

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 27 Apr 2012 16:34

I agree with Joy's suggestion that posts should be moderated before appearing...it is too late when information has already been given out in public, and we have all seen personal details remaining in the header when the post itself has been reported but not yet deleted.

It is perfectly obvious that many new members do NOT read the guidelines before posting.

I would also like to draw your attention to this comment on your FB page:

"Also bear in mind the information you post can be found in any search engine, so only share details that you wouldn't mind other people seeing."

Shouldn't that also read

'Only share details that the person you are seeking wouldn't mind other people seeing "?

I would suggest that mention of adultery, criminal past, number of partners might be something that they would not wish plastered online for all to see ...especially when these 'facts' may be wholly unsubstantiated, as may the parentage itself unless confirmed by the person being sought.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 27 Apr 2012 16:06

Please moderate this board in the same way as the success board..

Many of us love to help others in their research. However, it is of great concern to me when I read such as "my Dad is ..... please help me find him", and read that birth etc details of the "Dad" have been sent to the seeker. None of us reading know whether the "Dad" is aware of the existence of the seeker, and I am unhappy that this board is not moderated.

Other readers may have different views from mine, but I wanted to express my concern and my wish for the posts to be moderated before they appear in the public board because looking for living people can be a very sensitive issue.