Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

If satisfactory replies are not received from GR

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 1 Dec 2012 09:40

In http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1308919?d=asc is
"please contact our customer support team who will be very happy to help you: support@genesreunited.co.uk."
If satisfactory replies are not received, and the team refuses to continue the "conversation", what would be the next step to take, please?

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 1 Dec 2012 10:14

If you are referring to your crusade about information posted on the LR board my guess is that you are flogging a dead horse. The only recourse you have really is the Data Protection Act - the commissioner can be found here.
http://www.ico.gov.uk/
I would not give a rat's tail for your chances though.

If it is about something else and you only get fluff for an answer the following work fine (a) send a letter / phone the Dundee end of the business (b) contact one of the team - details can usually be found in LinkedIn and various media/advertising web sites.

Me myself I have always found that politeness, persistence, humour mixed with a little sarcasm have always done the job just fine with GRU :-). That said customer relationship management at GRU coud do with some improvement.

Good luck

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 1 Dec 2012 12:35

The Society of Genealogists has produced a useful leaflet regarding the Data Protection Act and Genealogists.

Whilst professionals and researchers run as a business fall within scope of the Act, individual Genealogists who's research is purely for recreational purposes are likely to be exempt under Section 36.

It is, however, recommended that you adhere to the DP Principles as 'best practice' especially when making data available to other people.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 1 Dec 2012 13:01

Thanks for responses, fellow members, but no, it is nothing to do with the find living relatives board.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Dec 2012 15:57

Brave girl, Joy. Will be watching this thread with as much interest as Genes Team are suddenly following threads on other boards :-D ;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 1 Dec 2012 23:58

I will be blunt ....................

our questioning is NOT about the Living Relatives Board.

It is about asking GR support a question regarding something the person involved had done

Then about support saying "but we cannot discuss this with you for privacy reasons" ......... even though it was the member's OWN action that was at issue

More questioning of Support resulted only in the same answer.

So ................... if a member cannot get a proper answer from Support, where can we go????

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 2 Dec 2012 00:04

here?
http://www.kafka-online.info/the-trial.html

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Dec 2012 00:15

yes,

it has all been rather kafka-esque

:-D

Linda

Linda Report 4 Dec 2012 20:09

It would be nice if the team responded to the OP's question.

Estelle

Estelle Advisor Report 10 Dec 2012 11:43

Hello Joy,
we are confident that our customer support team will respond to every email to the best of their abilities. If you are unhappy with a reply, or you feel it does not answer your question, then you can explain you are not satisfied and ask them to reply again. Alternatively, you can ask for a response from either Julie or Rachel who are the most senior members of the support team.
I do hope this answers your query.
Kind regards,
Estelle

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Dec 2012 16:55

Estelle

Thank you for your reply

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 11 Dec 2012 08:32

I am pleased to read of your confidence, Estelle.

And after that?

Estelle

Estelle Advisor Report 11 Dec 2012 10:21

Hello Joy,
as I said before, I am more than confident that the customer support team would be able to help you. I know they have often helped you in the past. If the team were unable to help you and you were unhappy with a reply from Julie or Rachel, then your email would be passed to Nicky, the head of the customer support team.

Kind regards,

Estelle

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 11 Dec 2012 20:27

Thank you.

And beyond the head of the customer support team?