Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

alan shotton, d,o,b.1947 in sunderland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hilary

Hilary Report 16 Nov 2013 23:40

The above named person is my brother whom i haven't seen for a number of years.I was grateful that info about him was given to me via this site quite recently,but iv'e explored these avenues but no joy.I intend to check this again just in casei missed something.Every time i try to check records eg;census, births/ deaths/ marriages etc, i'm informed that there are no results for the above named person. i'm surprised because there was records of this quite recently Iam now led to believe he may be residing at aplace called Hendon in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear.Again, i would appreciate any information you can give me. Thankyou. HILARY ALI[NEE SHOTTON]

Pam

Pam Report 17 Nov 2013 00:16

pm sent

jax

jax Report 17 Nov 2013 02:11

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1331869

patchem

patchem Report 17 Nov 2013 07:45

It would have been better to have bumped up your previous request that jax gave a link to.
However you did not reply on that one.- so was there another thread also?

I do not understand your statement about not finding any records - do you mean in Sunderland as he may have moved?

These are births in the North East, as from free bmd. Any subsequent marriages in the area could be from any of them, or from further people:
Births Sep 1927
Shotton Alan Houghton
Births Jun 1928
Shotton Alan Hartlepool
Births Sep 1928
Shotton Alan Gateshead
Births Sep 1930
Shotton Alan Leeds South
Births Mar 1933
Shotton Alan S.Shields
Births Sep 1936
SHOTTON Alan Newcastle T.
Births Sep 1947
Shotton Alan Sunderland
Births Jun 1949
SHOTTON Alan S.Shields
Births Dec 1951
SHOTTON Alan Nthmbld.W.

You have not stated when you were last in contact, so we do not know which particular marriages could be applicable.

You have not said why you believe the man in Hendon could be him - when was he there, please?

Have you looked through facebook, as there are a few showing.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Nov 2013 12:10

You marked your previous thread as 'answered', but didn't post any response to the questions posed in an effort to try to help you.......................

Hilary

Hilary Report 20 Nov 2013 02:27

Once again apologies for clicking on your name. I am still finding my way around this site, IV'E also realised i needed to purchase credits [as i did previously] in orrder to access records, Your help has been invaluable and I have acted on the information you gave me,as well as addresses forwarded by others,hence the reason i have sent letters,one of which was Hendon.I am waiting to see if my search is successful.Thank you so much for all your help which Igreatly appreciate.someone posted a message on my facebook page in regards to my brother,Alan so that is another avenue to go down.NB; sorry about the lack of respone to the questions but, due to 2 deaths in the family in the space of 7 days ,I just could not focus on anything, Regards. Hilary :-(

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2013 09:47

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/tips_board/thread/1334283