Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gr gr Grandparents marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Judith

Judith Report 17 Sep 2007 23:05

I an trying to find Robert (orRichard) Bryson married to Eliza Gissing , They had a child in 1899 (Alexander william Robert) who was born in Great Dover Street newington london. Cheers Judy

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 17 Sep 2007 23:28

Judith I failed to find a marriage but I did find that Alexander claimed to be 19 when he signed up for WW1 in 1914!

Judith

Judith Report 5 Oct 2007 22:46

Thanks. I do have the birth cert for Alexander WR bryson but it says his father was Robert bryson. I also have AWRBrysons marriage cert and it states his father was Richard. All other facts are correct on both certs, so I dont know where to go from here Judy

Judith

Judith Report 5 Oct 2007 22:48

thanks Claire. I also have this info and it is generally known in the family that my grandfather lied about his age to sign up. They did catchup with him and his discharge papers show this Judy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Aug 2013 11:15

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1330098