Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HAVE FULL ACCESS TO ANCESTRY UK, CANADA AND US (CL

Page 0 + 1 of 13

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 23 Oct 2006 16:24

NO PRIVATE MESSAGES PLEASE, Unless I ask for your E Mail Address (My inbox is to full and it takes forever to delete) Hi All, Had to close the other Thread was getting to long and too confusing. If I did not answer you Please Bear with me I think I have got everybodies Requests, If you are Unsure please Post again. Once Again I would appreciate as much information as possible. Also If I ask for further information. Please put the names of the Original request it saves me searching back through the pages. Regards to All Mary

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 23 Oct 2006 16:30

Hi Mary, Thank you for your very kind offer would really appreciate a Canadian look up please. Possibly in Vancouver. Catherine Parr b 1880 Wrightington Lancashire England emigrated definately after 1891 as I have her in England on that census, so could you please try 1901 she may have emigrated with brothers. Her parents stayed in England. I believe she married a William Bothwell but exact year is unknown so she could be Catherine Bothwell. Many thanks once again for any help you can give me, Regards Lou

Hannah

Hannah Report 23 Oct 2006 17:07

Hi Mary, I wondered if you could find the marriage ref for Joseph Slater 1840 Henbury for his 1st marriage? You gave me the one for his 2nd to Margaret Percival. Also his son Cyrus W Slater,(my dads great uncle) 1887, Gatton, Morresbarrow, Cheshire married a Lily Liptrott ?born/where they had daughter Violet 1909, Worksop, could you possibly find their marriage ref. Many Thanks Han x

Mary

Mary Report 23 Oct 2006 17:23

HANNAH ROONEY Hi Hannah Remind me again who your joseph married. it will save me searching the last thread. Mary

Mary

Mary Report 23 Oct 2006 17:24

LOOBY LOU Hi Lou I take it you think your catherine married before she went to Canada. Mary

Hannah

Hannah Report 23 Oct 2006 17:54

Hi Mary, It was an Eliza ? born Macclesfield about 1845, sorry no surname x

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 23 Oct 2006 18:11

Hi Mary, Search for Catherine Parr b 1880 Wrightington Lancashire - Vancouver Canada 1901 No I don't think Catherine married before she went to Canada as her husband was born there. I think she probably married around 1900 - 1901 that's why she could still be under her maiden name or married as I'm not sure exactly when she married. Thanks again Lou

Mary

Mary Report 23 Oct 2006 18:50

HANNAH ROONEY Hi Hannah Here We Go I have found 3 possible marriages but I think the first one I am going to give you is the most likely. Joseph Slater Married Eliza Jackson Jul-Sept Q Macclesfield 1866 Ref Needed for Cert is Vol 8a Page 202 Sorry there is only one more Elizabeth Sherratt Jan- Mar Q 1868 Congleton Ref Needed for cert is vol 8a page 305 Cyrus William Slater Married Lily Liptrott Oct-Dec Q 1906 Warrington. Ref needed for cert is Vol 8c Page 267 If you Don't have them, I will take a look for the Eliza Jackson and Lily Liptrott if you like. Please let me know Take Care Mary

Mary

Mary Report 23 Oct 2006 18:54

LOOBY LOU Hi Lou Sorry to be a pain. But do you have any other details of your William Bothwell I though that if I could perhaps find him I could work from there. I have tried Catherine and nothing so far. I did Find A Katie Parr but the Birth year was 1885 Do you think this could be her. Mary

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 23 Oct 2006 19:40

Hi Mary, Yes that could be her as she was known as Katie /Katy. I don't know much on William Bothwell really other than he was born in Vancouver in 1878. Sorry I don't have much more for you. Katie could have emigrated with siblings James or Emily, as they also emigrated but not sure which country they went to first, but they ended up in Australia. Lou

Christine

Christine Report 23 Oct 2006 20:33

Hello again Mary. Many thanks for your continued offer of help. I am now trying to find John George Cannon, born 1848, Poplar. On 1861 and 1881 he is in Middlesex, England. On the 1881 he has with him a son, John E Cannon, aged 15, born Albany USA - can you find either of them in 1880 or 1870 please. John George is married to Eliza on the 1881 (from Suffolk - bit young to be the mother of John E) If there is any sign of John E (might be Edward) back in USA after 1881 ..... Bit greedy of me I know. Many thanks in advance. Christine (I've copied this from thread which you have closed - sorry if you're still trying to find info for me. Christine)

Julie

Julie Report 23 Oct 2006 20:35

hi Mary i am looking for a marriage record for Graham Bassett and Daphne Haze marriage taken place in norwich norfolk in around 1949 thanks julie

Dallas

Dallas Report 23 Oct 2006 21:03

Hi Mary Could you look up in the marriages in California, USA. For a Samuel Rodd born in England c1854 he married Mary Jane Blackburn born c1848 Petaluna,California.I believe she may have remarried to a George Faith, but samuel did not die until 1929, if my research is correct.Mary's parents were Charles & Jamima Jane Blackburn ( Richardson ). I also think samuel emigrated in 1862.Hope this helps you. Regards Dallas

Mary

Mary Report 23 Oct 2006 21:04

CHRISTINE WHO IS NOT STUDYING Not a Problem Christine I did write down the details of your John Cannon, As of yet I am afraid I have not found anything, but am in the process of trying all the mistranscriptions and mispellings Mary

tweedledee

tweedledee Report 24 Oct 2006 02:03

Hi Mary , I'm suffering from a little 'brain freeze'. I posted on your 'other' thread' and am completely lost!!! Can't find my post now !! So here it is again. William and Minnie Duffus left England between 1923/26 not sure if they went to Canada or USA This is what I know: WILLIAM DUFFUS b 1896 TRANSVAAL,AFRICA MINNIE BATES,b? LANCASHIRE,ENGLAND Married 1923 LANCASHIRE,ENGLAND. They show on the 1930 USA Census. What I can't find is their passage to either CANADA or USA ANY help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, Margaret

Christine

Christine Report 24 Oct 2006 10:12

Many thanks Mary - really appreciate your time with my Cannons and Bavins. Christine

Zena

Zena Report 24 Oct 2006 10:23

Hi Mary Can I please have a look up for the following family. I have them on the 1851,61,71 census but cant find them after that. I have copied this from the first posting which is now closed. Robert Taylor b. 1816 Westminster, Middlesex, (labourer in 1871), Sarah Taylor wife b. 1815 Kensington, Middlesex, Phoebe Taylor b. 1840 Kensington, Middx, James Taylor b. 1847 Kensington, Henry (Harry) Taylor b. 1855 Kensington. Thanks Zena

Leeanne

Leeanne Report 24 Oct 2006 11:02

Hi Mary Posted on your old thread, before I read the new one.. Leeanne

Mary

Mary Report 24 Oct 2006 11:39

ZENA CLARK Hi Zena I did post a message for you on the other thread a few days ago but did not get a reply from you. It Said I had a look on the 1871 census for these people and could not find them together. Could you give me the details of who was living with who on the cesus records you already have for them. Mary

Cliff

Cliff Report 24 Oct 2006 12:31

Hiya Mary Would you try me Co. Durham 1881 please. Looking for Thomas HENDERSON (Father) and Henry HENDERSON (Son) 22 yrs old at time of his marriage in May 1895, so born c.1873. (If my suspicions are correct, I may just have traced the wrong family through 5 or 6 generations !!!) Many thanks Cliff