General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What ever happened to?

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Madge

Madge Report 8 Apr 2018 11:41

Jude from Wales, Ann Cardiff, Julia from Derbyshire Polly In Brum, do they still post or is anyone in touch with them?

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Apr 2018 11:44

AnnC is still around, on a temporary break I think but lots of people in touch with her, I haven't seen Julia on here for years nor Polly in Brum.

lots of people have left.

Dermot

Dermot Report 8 Apr 2018 11:45

JustJohn ?

Madge

Madge Report 8 Apr 2018 11:47

JustJohn got a 6yr ban Dermot he messaged me on here when his Granddaughter was born.

Dermot

Dermot Report 8 Apr 2018 11:48

Ah yes - I remember now. A shame!

Island

Island Report 8 Apr 2018 12:05

He was a pain in the posterior :-\

I was going to ask Glossy Ann about Jude.

Those were the days when Julia regaled us with woolly hats and shallots, a very funny lady. There was also Merlin, Budgie and some other funsters who sadly can't join in again. Dawnie came up with some gems too. That was all before the king of attention seeking turned up..... :-\

I've just realised why I haven't been posting - I keep hitting the return button and give up 'cos it ain't working :-D :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 8 Apr 2018 12:13

I like others are in touch with AnnC on FB.

Madge

Madge Report 8 Apr 2018 12:14

He was at first and I was awful to him, he could be very funny I got use to him in the end.

Aww Merlin he was a nice chap. Julia was so funny and always signed off by 6pm to make sure she cooked dinner and that was her till the following morning.

Nothing works on here anymore its a nightmare, totally deserted by admin staff. Still taking our money though. :-|

Madge

Madge Report 8 Apr 2018 12:15

Opps sorry I didn't see you sneak in there Emma <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 8 Apr 2018 12:17

Hi Madge nice to meet you <3

Island

Island Report 8 Apr 2018 12:31

I think it was Judes sister who was ill.

This site went down the pan years ago. I'm not sure if board searches ever worked. I've never used it for record and took my tree off ages ago.
I keep my ten quid sub going to have a nosey at member searches. - I'm sure somebody will make something of that :-\ it's a bit like that now.

Von

Von Report 8 Apr 2018 12:34

Jude and husband are fine. Heard from her a couple of weeks ago :-D

~~~~~~~~~~~ to Island

Madge

Madge Report 8 Apr 2018 12:36

You have lost me with member searchs sorry I don't understand what you mean its been over 4yrs since I was last on here?

Mersey

Mersey Report 8 Apr 2018 12:38

Polly is on FB ...that's how we keep in touch, she and her family are all well <3 <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 8 Apr 2018 12:38

Island what was the chaps name who had
very interesting debates on here..bit vague I know,
Did his name start with an H, it's an age thing don't laugh x

Madge

Madge Report 8 Apr 2018 12:40

Von I will edit my post got that totally wrong must of been thinking of someone else.

Emma, John and Elderick used to love a debate I can not think of anyone beginning with H

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 8 Apr 2018 12:42

Well I was close Madge, it is Elderick :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 8 Apr 2018 12:44

I had an email from Merlin a while back, *writes on list* must email Merls & Sasha <3 <3

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 8 Apr 2018 12:56

I'm in touch with lots of old GR members elsewhere. Somewhere we can be ourselves, laugh, throw good natured insults and share photos.

The best part.......laughing :-D :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 8 Apr 2018 12:58

Bum. I typed a comment addressing all, clicked 'submit' and...............'you are not connected' :-| All gone!

waves to all

off to stamp on rooter