General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry Subscribers

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 12 Apr 2018 10:17

Is anyone else having an issue with Ancestry today?

I have an annual WW Sub
It has been renewed every year on the same date since 2008.
My current sub has a full 6 months left before it's due for renewal again yet today, it seems I have a problem

I have emailed them today but just wondering if there is another, wider issue with the site

Does anyone have a current sub with Ancestry where the home page shows:
"SUBSCRIBE or "RENEW SUBSCRIPTION"?

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 12 Apr 2018 10:29

Response from Ancestry...
They are experiencing a "big rush " of subscribers who are all experiencing the same issue and are investigating the cause.

It seems that Ancestry has a problem!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Apr 2018 10:31

Not at the moment, but they did go weird last night.

I’d wanted to attach a record I’d found. Instead of the normal response, it suggested I use to start a new tree.
Also it wouldn’t let me add a wife.

There’s quite a few complaints, of various sorts, on their FB page!

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 12 Apr 2018 10:33

Just checked and I can use Ancestry with no problems, was on it earlier with no problem. :-D

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 12 Apr 2018 12:32

3 hours after reporting this to Ancestry, I am STILL locked out of my account

With no update, I have messaged them again

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 12 Apr 2018 19:03

I have a telephone number for them 08004049723.

I'm having a problem too

I sign on to Ancestry.co.uk but as soon as I want to attach something to my Tree it wants me to sign in again but to Ancestry.com and then stays on Ancestry.com :-0 :-|

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 12 Apr 2018 19:25

I think they are having major issues across the entire site Londonbelle
I first contacted them at 9am and was told that the issue would be passed on and someone would contact me.

I escalated my issue at 12 noon.
At 12.01 I was told by email that someone would contact me... "shortly"

At 3.30pm,in frustration, I called that number you have posted.

The UK call centre told me that all the current issues can only be resolved by the US team.
Time difference means that the US team didn't even start work until 4pm UK time !

I sent another complaint at 6.30pm referencing both of my previous ones
I told them that I was disappointed by their complete failure to communicate
I also said that it is apparent that these failures have resulted in a massive impact on the UK call centre

It only resulted in yet another incident Number with exactly the same message ( will contact you shortly)

This complaint team has know all day that they need the US team to resolve all the issues, so why not tell me so?

As yet, still no response to anything and...

Whether it's a bonky service or not , I still don't have access to my PAID acct !

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 12 Apr 2018 19:34

Sounds like it GlasgowLass :-(

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 13 Apr 2018 15:16

Have Ancestry rectified the issue yet, GlasgowLass :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Apr 2018 16:52

Lots of complaints on Facebook.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 14 Apr 2018 11:47

I wasn’t around yesterday to return to this thread.

My acct was restored yesterday and I finally received a response to my 1st elevated complaint.
They apologised and offered an extra month sub.
I am happy with that.
In between, I made a 2nd escalation complaint because until then,there had been no communication relating to the 1st one.
It simply creates yet another incident number.!

Knowing this, my only option was to copy and paste the original incident number and make it clear that this was a follow up to that.
I could not have made it more clearer that this contact was about the delay in response to the original.

This morning, a full day and a half later, I got a reply about my follow up complaint.

The completely inept support officer clearly didn’t read it.
Her reply...
She can’t find anything wrong with my acct? It’s working as it should!

Well duh!
It was resolved yesterday! Under the number that I was referencing.

As highlighted above Ancestry doesn’t provide an option for me to respond directly

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 14 Apr 2018 15:31

At least you are back up and running, GL :-)

So frustrating when they don't read things :-|

Andrew

Andrew Report 15 Apr 2018 11:11

Anyone else still having problems?

I can't do anything on my tree without it switching from ancestry.co.uk to .com and telling me I need a sub, when I'm already signed in. Logging in and out has made no difference.

Any cure or response from the help line?

Andy

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 15 Apr 2018 11:26

Andy, that's been happening to me too....I contacted them on the 6th and they seemed to be aware of a problem on the UK site.

It's still happening but I haven't followed it up, although annoying, at least I can get into Ancestry via Ancestry.com.

If it hasn't rectified itself tomorrow I'll contact them again.

What Browser do you use, Andy?

The reason why I ask is that I use Chrome on my tablet and that is perfectly ok...no problems. However, on my laptop I use Firefox and it's on the laptop that I have the problem. :-S

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 15 Apr 2018 11:29

I am on Chrome and have had no problems :-D

Andrew

Andrew Report 15 Apr 2018 11:40

Hi Londonbelle.

I'm using Firefox on laptop as well. Will wait to see what the reply from Ancestry is.

Andy

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 15 Apr 2018 11:54

It looks like it might be a Firefox problem then if Pat isn't having a problem using Chrome.

Do come back and let us know what Ancestry say, Andy :-)

Andrew

Andrew Report 15 Apr 2018 12:02

Just downloded Chrome. Works fine!

Andy

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 15 Apr 2018 12:08

How strange :-S

Yet, Firefox and Chrome are both Browsers recommended by Ancestry and they both do the same thing :-S

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 15 Apr 2018 12:42

Firefox / Ancestry with Windows, Android, Linux working fine. Make sure you are using the ". Co. UK" site and not ". com" and that cookies are enabled for Ancestry. Mozilla are having a crusade against expired site certs but Ancestry is up to date.