General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Prince Harry & The Actress

Page 0 + 1 of 19

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Jan 2020 19:11

Are stepping back from the Royal family what has that woman done to our fun loving handsome Man .brainwashed him shame on her what would his late Mum think of all this .it wouldn't have happened if she had lived rant over just disgusted

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Jan 2020 19:14

I disagree with you there she has in my opinion made him happy and helped him with his depression. It was about time he grew up and left his silly stunts behind him. Good luck to them both and little Archie too, may they continue leading their own family life.
My rant over :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jan 2020 19:31

If Diana had lived she would want her son to be happy, as she never was, don't forget the number of men she tried to find love with.

If he's happy, what has it got to do with any one of us! He's not the heir or the spare, it's his life.

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jan 2020 19:37

"“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution.

“We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the royal family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty the Queen."

and what is so wrong with that!

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jan 2020 19:42

Princess Margaret never really had a purpose.

Harry, like her, was once third in line to the throne, he was the spare. Now he is fifth in line, he is unlikely to ever be any closer.

He is young enough to build himself a life with a purpose.

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 8 Jan 2020 19:50

I have unfriended several people on face book who have been intent on vile and abusive criticism of this couple. It is not Meghan who has taken away the carefree Harry - it is the press and the not so great British public.

How they live their lives is really none of our business if they are not 'on duty'. They haven't always got things right, but if they stay in this country full time they will be stifled and made miserable by the constant scrutiny and criticism.

They have made a brave but not unexpected decision and I wish them every happiness and the freedom to be who they want to be.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jan 2020 19:51

Meghan has been trolled mercilessly both in the media and Facebook

It’s no wonder he wants to protect her and Archie from all the nasty things being said and attributed to her .

The trolls jump on the bandwagon even though they don’t know them personally ,it’s almost like they want to drive her away so they can say told you so if they broke up

Hopefully they can find personal family time where they can be happy and get on with their lives

Kay????

Kay???? Report 8 Jan 2020 19:54

For goodness Barbara, leave them alone,,,,,hes doing what any decent,caring husband would want and do putting his family happiness first.

Before his marriage he had no other life than to be on the outside looking in,,a spare thread hanging on......he carried out his royal public duties as per,as which he will carry on going,,,,but his role to be in the forefront is not as an important role as dad and brother,,,Harry will never be any more than just a royal.but doesn't need to live in UK.

They are a young couple who are just setting out to have a *normal* lifeand if that means doing it away from public gaze then so be it...…perhaps hes had the blessings of the other family members who are stuck in the roles they have to play and know from bitter experience whats its like to have a tied planned life.

I don't think anyone could make Harry do what he doesn't want to do,,,,,and as long as peoples taxes of UK aren't funding their lives then let them live where ever they choose......and before any gripe about them not being with her Maj at Christmas......in 2018 William and Catherine spent Christmas with her parents the MIddleton……..the queen I bet otten thinks,,,,,,,If only I could have done what the young uns able to do.

and Diana would have had open arms for any wife of her boys.....

I am not a royal fan at all and think they should all go get a job and stop leeching off public money.

.Edit,,,,,,,,,,she neither an actress or Meghan Markle...….

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 8 Jan 2020 19:58

I have been expecting this, as they said numerous
times they were not happy, where will they settle?
The worlds their oyster they have the money to go anywhere.

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jan 2020 20:09

This thread will no doubt be deleted soon,

Island

Island Report 8 Jan 2020 20:37

Yes Barbra - we get it. You have a bee in your bonnet about Prince Harry's WIFE - MEGHAN MARKEL. There's opinion and there's venom.
Why the bitterness towards successful young women?

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Jan 2020 20:42

When you look at our future King & his wife after what he did cheating on his young wife .The country seem to forgive him when our Dear Queen passes .We're is the dignity loyalty to the crown & respect. Harry is the First to do his own thing then what .William & Catherine should be next in line with their Children. Let Charles retire and lets have a modern Royal family for the future of our family's we leave behind saying no more ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Jan 2020 22:07

Prince Harry and the Actress?
Do you also refer to 'The Queen and the Greek', 'Prince William and the Commoner', 'Prince Charles and the Divorcee', Princess Margaret and the Photographer'?
...or just 'save' it for Meghan?

I look forward to you referring to the PM etc. as 'The Johnson and the Tart'.

At least Harry and Meghan have had the decency to declare that, if they move away, they intend to be financially independent.

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jan 2020 22:35

Unfortunately, the British public have not forgotten the abdication and Meghan Markle is American, divorced and very thin.

There are those who look at Meghan and see Wallis.

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Jan 2020 22:37

What an earth are you talking about Maggie your words not mine 're your post that's what you think is it why would I say anything Like you quote ????????

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Jan 2020 22:53

Well, the post is headed 'Prince Harry and The Actress'.
I was just following on!

Kay????

Kay???? Report 8 Jan 2020 22:54

Then why Barbara why refer to Meghan Windsor D of Sx as the--Actress,,,,,,,,she isn't......neither is she Miss Markle.
Would you like a refer to you as your husband wife as--- x -the shelf filler......NO.!

I think Wallis Simpson was lovely..and stood by her man as he did her, the love of his life......but there is a downside to that couple,,,,,,,they woudlnt have had any heirs to the throne so would have altered the royal line dynamics,,,,,,,,probally,,no William or Harry.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Jan 2020 00:13

The only thing that bothers me is that there are reports saying they will divide their time between the UK and North America, and other reports say that they will live in Canada.

Who asked Canada if we wanted them?

It would cost us, the taxpayers, around £1 million a year for security etc, even if they are intending to be "financially independent".

I hope they have an easier time emigrating to live here than many other hopefuls.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Jan 2020 03:16

well, Rosie was quite correct!

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Jan 2020 05:04

No offence but we can't afford them!
No idea what was said for the RRing.
I get it he's never going to be King but if he makes his own money is it going to be selling off his Royal connections so to speak...isn't that having his cake and eating it??