General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

********Hello********

Page 8 + 1 of 21

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 5 Jul 2020 04:59

Oh Barbara that's so sad. As you say, your life would have been different had your sister lived. My Mum had a son who was stillborn, and then the following year I was born. Had my brother lived, our family might have stayed in Buckinghamshire (my Dad's home county ) instead of returning to Norwich (Mum's home city).
Had my daughter lived, I wouldn't have been to Malta and met my son's father!

Fate rolls out the deals whether we like it or not.I

Lizxx

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Jul 2020 10:27

I was really down last night thinking about things after posting felt as though my Sister was remembered x Liz life can be hard sometimes you keep hope you feel better soon have you been out yet just a walk to clear your head positive thoughts being sent to you <3 hello anyone else looks in Joan have you got your Sunday lunch sorted Ann G hope your alright Florence we have sunshine & showers but very windy it's July should be good fine weather x .Take Care Barbara xx

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Jul 2020 14:05

Hello how is everyone a mixture with our weather sunshine & showers looking better now with lockdown restrictions being lifted. maybe get a trip to see family were thinking beginig Sept. Fingers crossed right just having a quiet afternoon Take Care x

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 8 Jul 2020 15:00

Good afternoon to you all.

Not much going on here at the moment, the weather is changeable,with sunshine & showers, been sunny the last 2 days with any rain happening through the night!

I have been busy this week by having a good clear out frrom the various cupboards & drawers, thrown out stuff that is way way old or never been used in years, even gutted the back porch, & piing up various tools that needed returing to the garage/workshop! Tools that hubby has got out but never put back!!

Have got back into my crosstitching,really missed not doing it, It's a large project, Edinburgh Castle & I'm really chuffed with how it's coming along nicely but still a way to go yet before it will be finished.
In between times I have been knitting up some dolls clothes for my grand-daughter, I promised her I would make some when I was feeling better .

I have made a Shepherds Pie for todays tea, looking forward to that, BARBARA... I am going to make Toad in the Hole on Sunday, hubby has requested it.

Enjoy the rest of the day, take care of yourselves.

Joan.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Jul 2020 15:19

Hello all, feeling a lot happier after having my hair cut this morning, it was so thick and out of control and driving me mad. Now it is short again and I look more like me.

Barbra going back a few posts, my Mum miscarried a boy the year before I was born, I didn't know that until I had been married quite a few years. She then went on to have two girls. My Dad never mentioned it ('women's talk') but I always though he would have been good with a son but he used to always have me in the shed when he was doing woodwork, he was very good at making things. I used to play with putty and some of his safer tools.

Joan it is great to see you back to your busy self I have missed hearing about your lovely sounding meals. By the way, the snowdrops were wonderful this year and have already spread.

Florence hope you are OK, I did see your potatoes on the other thread 'yum'! :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 8 Jul 2020 16:28

Afternoon peeps
Very quiet here hence havent posted much. Weather is very chilly and overcast but no rain yet!

Daughter got the grass cut as forecast for next few days looks like rain so a good job done.

My lovely physio is coming out to see me on Fri am, the only person to ask how im feeling and doing bless her.

Havent had a tel call or anything from my GPs, consultant or surgeon. Feel like noone cares about me tbh.

Supposed to be going back to work 12 Aug but that wont happen as not even driving yet.

How can ur GP assess you and say you are fit to return to work without seeing you and a proper consultation? They have given me another sick note for a month without a discussion of how im progressing...dont understand it at all.

Apart from me moaning glad everyone is getting back to normal. My hair is right down my back!!!But we are shielding til end of Jul so no chance of a hairdo..

Thanks Ann, my pots were very tasty. Having some more with smoked haddock and peas for tea, so looking forward to that.

Just heard a hospital in london has shut down with 70 cases of Covid!

Take care and stay safe everyone

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 11 Jul 2020 13:11

Hello All hope all okay cloudy today but fine quite warm .enjoy your Weekend Take Care Ann G Florence Joan .Liz . <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Jul 2020 08:29

Morning All Ann G .Joan Florence Liz x what you up to today hope you are well cloudy day a bit cooler but fine very quiet in our town not many people about think we are getting like hermits lockdown has been eased but not bothered going far yet . Youngest son said going to friends sat in their garden not going to pubs or restaurants just yet right off to have breakfast enjoy your day Barbara x

Barbra

Barbra Report 17 Jul 2020 10:14

Hello hope all okay Liz .Ann G Joan .Florence anyone else looks in dull showery day better forecast for the weekend enjoy yours Take Care Barbara x :-)

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 17 Jul 2020 16:22

Hello ~~~~~

Lovely day here, rained through the night but after that we have had lovely sunshine & rather warm,.

I am feeling the heat during the night! have to throw the covers back because i am sooo hot, have had a heat/sweat rash for several days & I HAVE to scratch!!
Calamine Lotion is helping but it's not "pretty" & tends to rub off when in bed!

I am just cooking our teas, home made Fish & Chips today, our daughter managed to get hold of some Haddock this week & they are 2 lovely big pieces, she bought 4 pieces for us so we have some for next Friday, fish from the harbour, yummy, not a lot of fresh fish about even though we are the biggest white fishing port!
Morrisons are only selling pre-packed in our local store at the moment.

Well duty calls,time for tea, bye for now.

Joan.

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 21 Jul 2020 13:52

Good afternoon.
Another lovely sunny & warm day here.

I was up early this morning as I had to go to the H Centre to have some blood tests done, such a palaver at the moment, the room were we have to go to is at the furthest part of the building (entrance outside) & quite a walk if not good at walking!

Cannot get inside until someone unlocks the door but first of all one has to wait in their car until someone phones to say alls clear & you can now go in! BUT we don't have a mobile phone & so I was told I had to make sure I reached the door at exactly the appointment time & someone would let me in !!

On the way home we went to the village shop & even though hubby uses a walking stick he fell at the shop door, banged his head skinned both his elbows, it really shook him up especially as he fell at the bottom of our stairs just yesterday hurting his knee & foot!

His knees are not good these days, he gets very upset about not being able to get about easily.
I get so upset as I am not able to pick him up.

Hope everyone is keeping well, Florence you are having a worrying time at the moment, take care.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 21 Jul 2020 16:02

Hello Joan sorry to hear your OH has had a fall what you like you are mending & hubby tumbles it's soon done know myself it does shake you up look after yourselves xx.lovely day here a bit cloudy but got washing dry not going out much getting shopping on line just local shops once a week dog food fresh veg .wonder if I am getting like a hermit just don't want to go anywhere not being miserable just can't get motivated . x hello anyone else looks in Bye For Now :-) Barbara .

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Jul 2020 16:27

Hello Barbra, Joan, Florence and anyone else who looks in. florence thinking of you and hoping all OK. Oh dear Joan, so sorry to hear about hubby's fall, I hope it has not shaken his confidence, I know (you do too) that falling does make you ultra cautious afterwards and ruins your confidence. fish and chips sound nice with fresh fish Mmm!!
Barbra, We are having on line shopping still and going for extras locally. We have been to garden centres and yesterday went for a nice walk from the village to a bar/restaurant (Outside tables) at Gloucester airport where we enjoyed lunch while watching the planes (Just small ones and helicopters

Not looking forward to next Monday when I have a hospital appointment in Gloucester. We catch the bus when we go there as parking is terrible so we are not looking forward to going on the bus.

Barbra

Barbra Report 23 Jul 2020 14:41

Good afternoon how are you all just been local to get some shopping the village was very busy all the shops open a lot of folk about All wearing masks .think we still have to be careful though .just having a cuppa Then chilling out .GP Friday been getting a bit breathless it's only in a morning wears off after an HR or so but see what she says .no pains just feel uncomfortable. Enjoy your afternoon Take Care Barbara x

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 23 Jul 2020 17:30

Hi to all looking in.
Funny old day here today, bright & sunny one minute then it rains for a short while then it's back to the lovely sunshine, very warm day.

Hubby didn't get to go to Morrisons today due to his fall the other day, he's ok but thought it best to give the shopping a miss this week, he's fine but he does have a week knee & even though he has a walking stick his knee does let him down from time to time.

Hopefully he will feel more confident to do next weeks shopping.
Our daughter helped us out today & did our shopping for us, she's good when it comes to helping us but I have to be honest & say we much prefer to do ithe shopping ourselves!

I took the plunge yesterday & made a start on decorating the bathroom!! got the walls painted (wood panelling) just the surrounds/skirting to do now, I am very pleased with how i got on though I ache a bit today.

2 shades of grey on the walls, white surrounds & door, the accessories T roll cabinet, linen seat, T seat are in a darker shade of grey, Bath mats are a cobalt blue & towels are both grey & cobalt blue, looks lovely.

My Dr phoned me today to see how I was doing, we arranged an appointment for me to go & see him next month, have to make an appointment to get my B12 jab next month & he has stressed I must tell the nurse that I HAVE to have a jab & NOT the tablet form!
He has put this into my notes to hopefully there won't be a problem! apparently b12 jabs have been stopped whilst the virus is ongoing & many people are being prescribed the tablet form instead which I'm told are not a good option.

Well that's it for this time, talk again soon.

Joa

Florence61

Florence61 Report 23 Jul 2020 18:43

Good evening folks.
Oh my Joan poor hubby! So sorry to hear he had a fall. Glad nothing too serious but his confidence along with his pride have been bashed I guess. Glad ypur daughter was able to get your shopping for you. We try to get an online slot but they are rarer then hens teeth. Lucky we have a friend who is a befriender so when we cant get a delivery, she goes to supermarket. She really is an Angel.

I had a tel call today from patient travel telling me my appointment for my steroid injections for my Bursitus tomorrow has been cancelled and given to someone else who is more of a priority than me!! I have been waiting 5 weeks because my GP refused to give it to me and so he was overuled by a physio at the local hospital.
I could not believe my ears and really was so upset. Another appointment will be rescheduled but when for is anyones guess.

My morale is pretty low just now and this now has knocked me back further but is out of my hands.

I am so cross and upset about the matter, I dont whether to swear or cry, i really dont. Anyway nothing i can do about it.

Barbara, hope the breathlessness doesnt get worse. You could have a bit of fluid in your lungs.Hope you get it sorted soon.

Ann glad you are managing out for a change of scenery.Have to admit, the thought of leaving the security of my home after months is a rather scary prospect!!

Liz hope you are feeling a bit better than you were.

Lovely evening here, sunny and bright but a bit chilly in the breeze.
Stay safe everyone.

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Jul 2020 22:18

Florence going out is scary but gets better each time, it is just a case of managing the risks with your problems best you don’t go out at the moment.
Oh that is a nuisance I hope they come up with a new date soon.

Joan well done on the decorating you have done well it sounds lovely.

Barbra hope the GP can sort the breathlessness, horrible feeling, could be just nerves and magnified the more you concentrate on it. But get it sorted.

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Jul 2020 11:53

Hello Joan Ann G Florence Liz whoever looks in GP says I am stressed & having kind of panic attacks I need to pace myself getting up in a morning & take things easy nothing wrong my lungs they are clear heart is fine advise me to have a walk get some fresh air cant walk far but will do as she says right thats me sorted what we like come on our Gang x onwards & upwards good luck on Monday Ann .Florence best wishes.Joan & OH Take Care Liz chin up x Bye For Now Barbara :-) <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 26 Jul 2020 12:13

Hello All raining for a change OH happy football on Today so i am sorting things out in bedroom drawers i have exciting life :-) enjoy your day keep :-D Barbara x

Barbra

Barbra Report 29 Jul 2020 09:12

Morning All who look in hope your okay a dull start here but Sun forecast shopping today Having my first haircut Thursday Right folks Speak soon Barbara x