General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Royal Mail Postal Deliveries

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 11 Jan 2021 13:29

My last delivery was Christmas Eve!

Now it could just be that there has not been any post to deliver to me although it seems highly unlikely:-0

There again I haven't seen a Postie around for ages and I would normally notice his red jacket on a daily basis even if he wasn't delivering to me-0

Has anyone else noticed this? :-)

Von

Von Report 11 Jan 2021 13:34

That’s odd Belle. We’ve had deliveries. How about neighbours. Have they had any <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 11 Jan 2021 13:36

That's a long time ago, Belle.

We have had regular deliveries but not every day which could be that we don't have mail sent to us every day.

One of the reasons I sent no cards in 2020 was that well before Xmas I heard that covid was rife in the sorting offices so perhaps there are a lot of staff off sick near you. If you find out why you're not getting mail through your door, do let us know.

I am still wiping everything coming through our door and leaving things in the porch for a few days. I know not everyone is still doing that (my oldest sister, for one).

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 11 Jan 2021 13:38

Just seen Von's post. I guess you have the same sorting office.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 11 Jan 2021 13:39

I might text my next door neighbour to see, Von.....if does see strange though :-0

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 11 Jan 2021 13:42

We reckon there have been about 3 deliveries since Christmas. OH has given up and has downloaded the expected bills.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 11 Jan 2021 13:43

No, we wouldn't Joy.....Von is way over the other side :-)

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 11 Jan 2021 13:47

Fortunately my bills are all paperless and/or DD :-)

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 11 Jan 2021 14:00

Just checked the RM website and it says for my postcode

'Due to resourcing issues, deliveries are likely to be limited'

:-(

I guess the Sorting Office has been affected by Covid cases as, sadly, it is rife in this area:-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jan 2021 14:09

We have had mail most days since the beginning of the year. There have been gaps but not too long.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 11 Jan 2021 14:25

I won’t send you a letter then Belle
:-D :-D :-D ;-)

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 11 Jan 2021 14:50

It is odd, my cousin in Australia sent us card 27th November we got it 4th January we had post yesterday, nothing interesting though.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Jan 2021 14:56

Last October, my sister (in Sussex) sent me a card - first class.
It took over 2 weeks to get here.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 11 Jan 2021 15:12

Similarly I sent postcards from Australia to various places here uk all at the same time, my mother in law in Wales got hers quite quick but her neighbour didn't get hers till about 2 months later. I still think our posties do a marvellous job.

Dermot

Dermot Report 11 Jan 2021 16:09

Postal Service at Christmas time.

Before complaining about late deliveries & such like. I recommend you apply to work in any local Royal Mail sorting office during December & early January.

I did a few times & I was amazed how hard employees worked providing 24 hour cover on a shift basis with the pleasure of listening to non-stop 'Jingle Bells' & other seasonal mind-boggling Carols blasted out on the Loudspeaker(s).

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 11 Jan 2021 19:03

I don’t think anyone was saying it wasn’t hard work. Nor is it about late deliveries. It is about NO deliveries.
I can usually spot the postman delivering to other houses so know there is no post for me. We seem to be down to a weekly delivery and I haven’t seen the postie at any other time.
Because he is not being seen around we cannot ask if there is a COVID problem or any other reason.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 11 Jan 2021 19:12

I agree namelessone....I wasn't complaining because I think the posties do a sterling job :-)

I was just wondering whether other areas of the country were experiencing the same as me :-)

I could normally set my watch by the postie but that has not been the case for the last 18 days :-0

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 11 Jan 2021 19:50

They do indeed do a sterling job, I wouldn't want to do it. Well done lads and lasses.

Ron2

Ron2 Report 11 Jan 2021 20:16

we had a card a week ago which was posted 1 Dec 20

BrianW

BrianW Report 11 Jan 2021 20:55

We've only had parcels since before Christmas and understand our usual postie is self-isolating but you'd think they could re-arrange rounds so we got a delivery a couple of times a week.