General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My turn to ask.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Feb 2021 12:40

Has anybody had any contact with maggiewinchester?

I have PM'd her and messaged her of FB but have had no reply.

Island

Island Report 12 Feb 2021 12:47

I was wondering where Maggie is.
She mentioned feeling poorly not long ago. I hope she is ok

Florence61

Florence61 Report 12 Feb 2021 12:55

I noticed her absence too but didnt know Island she was feeling poorly.
So hope she is ok. Is there anyone on here that lives near to her or has a contact phone number maybe? Just a thought.

Florence in the hebrides

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Feb 2021 13:08

I had noticed her absence, so messaged her this morning.

The post has not been opened yet.

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Feb 2021 13:12

I have a landlline number for her, which I have just rung and it doesn't happen.

I know she is moving, maybe that is what she is doing at the moment.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 12 Feb 2021 13:35

Let's hope so Sharron

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 12 Feb 2021 14:13

I sent her a message this morning too but I can see it has not been opened.

Caroline

Caroline Report 13 Feb 2021 05:05

Hope all is well with her...

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Feb 2021 17:41

Hope all is well with maggie.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Feb 2021 19:56

I have a vague memory that she was not well. I didn’t know she was actually moving I knew she had a noisy neighbour problem.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Feb 2021 22:16

Ann ...... it was something to do with having a house with 2 or 3 bedrooms and her age, and 3 of bedrooms someone on pension was allowed to have

Caroline

Caroline Report 13 Feb 2021 22:33

or she'd have to pay more to stay there or something...??

Allan

Allan Report 13 Feb 2021 22:46

Caroline, not sure if Maggie is affected but the link is to an article regarding the so-called Bedroom Tax

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jan/27/the-bedroom-tax-explained

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 14 Feb 2021 09:08

It's a disgusting piece of legislation. Everyone who voted it in ought to hang their heads in shame.

It was local authorities who began acting upon it.

I do recall reading that, when a case regarding a disabled person was taken to the supreme court, the government lost, the fair and impartial Lady Hale ruling it discriminatory and unlawful. I can't recall whether it was 2018 or 2019 - but thereabouts.

Alas, I can't recall any ruling made regarding any healthy sole tenant but I think any government worth its salt would have realised that fit today does not mean fit evermore and allowed one 'spare room' for a carer but I think not many ministers are blessed with insight.

Perhaps someone else on here has kept more abreast on sole-occupancy premises?

I am not sure how much effort some local authorities put into enforcement measures, some, I believe were dead set against it, others carried it out to the nth degree.

It surprises me that any bothered to pursue it during the last virus-ridden year but I do recall Maggie being perturbed about it and feeling for her situation. I also thought that her local authority (whether it has formed a local housing association or not) ought not to have pursued that policy during the last twelve months.

If I had to choose between the lesser of two evils, I would hope that Maggie's non-appearance is 'only' due to her moving and not to her being ill.

I do hope she is OK.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 14 Feb 2021 09:19

My only concern is that I feel she would have said a lot more about moving if that was the case afterall it does require some preparation and planning.

I too hope Maggie is ok <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 14 Feb 2021 09:26

I fear you may be right, Belle, even though I hope you're not.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 14 Feb 2021 10:21

Same here.

I think she was hoping to get offered a 2 bed ( because of the grandchildren?) but feared all she’d get offered was a one bed.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Feb 2021 10:28

I'm not sure when she was last posting ?

My message to her has not been opened yet.

I hope all is well.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 14 Feb 2021 10:40

My message hasn't been opened either Gwyn.

I, too, hope all is well.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Feb 2021 10:57

Hello everyone, sorry to have caused consternation,. I have moved - yes, due to bedroom tax etc. I was given 2 weeks to organise 30 years worth of 'stuff', alone, due to the pandemic. To use the dump, an appointment had to be made, and a car is only allowed one visit a week!
Was due to be reconnected on 4 Feb, but discovered the place isn't even connected to. a pole. This was due to happen on 11 Feb, but according to the liars at Open Reach, I wasn't in -except I was, so was the lovely man connection my cooker.
This non appearance led to my having to cancel an interview.
They're due back tomorrow,.
Until I. am connected, wont post anymore -have to save data.

I must. say, though, I am touched by your concern,. you lovely people

<3 <3