General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MATT. HANCOCK

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 26 Jun 2021 18:27

Matt Hancock has resigned as health secretary just bee announced

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 26 Jun 2021 18:30

That's good!
I really liked Matt Hancock and now I'm very disappointed in him on many levels :-|

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 26 Jun 2021 18:31

In my opinion that is wrong, what about the woman he was with and the cctv operator that snitched on him?

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 26 Jun 2021 18:33

All of them should go in my opinion :-|
Nasty business politics

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 26 Jun 2021 18:33

It is very worrying that the whistle blower whoever it is has access to all sorts of information. He or she needs to be found and sacked

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 26 Jun 2021 18:44

What he did was wrong and totally out of order. However, the so called CCTV footage was taken from in his office and I agree with LaG :-|. So was it official CCTV footage or had someone purposely hidden a camera there? Whichever, that too was wrong and totally out of order :-|

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 26 Jun 2021 18:45

The whole situation stinks :-|

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 26 Jun 2021 19:05

Good. I am sick of the holier-than-thou, do as I say, not as I do attitude of some of our ministers and cohorts.

The woman In the pic is unlikely to resign from her paid non-directorship exec position in National Health. Unless she’s pushed.

She ought to resign as it’s National Health but if I were her I’d only go if pushed as I think I’d look upon it as recompense for putting up with him.

It takes two to tango, I know but telling us how to behave during covid while misbehaving yourself smacks of over-privileged idiocy.

As I wrote elsewhere, they didn’t even have the nous to find a broom cupboard. ;-)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Jun 2021 19:06

I don’t suppose there are many queueing up to take on the job.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Jun 2021 19:21

Well,I suppose Hancock now won't have to explain the dodgy deals between friends and landlords!

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 26 Jun 2021 19:29

I agree Names, a thankless job :-(

Kense

Kense Report 26 Jun 2021 20:04

As Boris is OK with unelected ministers, then perhaps Dido Harding could be considered. :-|

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Jun 2021 21:48

Transpires, Hancock used his personal phone/email for the covid contracts he made, rather than his 'work' phone.
I wonder why?

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 26 Jun 2021 22:53

And now the other half of the hapless duo has gone.

Dermot

Dermot Report 27 Jun 2021 07:22

These days, an honest politician is considered exciting news.

Public opinion is often more fearful than the law.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Jun 2021 07:28

Stupid man, ruining his career and also probably his marriage for an adolescent 'mistake'. In a way, I feel sorry for him, nobody should be spied on in their own office. Yes our leaders should be above board but they are also human and to me this was nasty on the part of somebody obviously gunning for him. No before anyone jumps I am not defending his actions, I have said they were stupid, and unfair to his family, but not criminal. However, they need to find out who did send that photo. Imagine if it was any of the top politicians holding top level meetings in their office. I think they may have forgotten there are still 'enemies' out there. They need to be more vigilant.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Jun 2021 07:31

And in the Mail this morning.

"Now it has come to light that the former Health Secretary told his wife, Martha, he would be leaving her on Thursday night - immediately after discovering that his affair with Gina Coladangelo was about to be laid bare. "

Apparently he told his wife on Thursday that he would be leaving her.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Jun 2021 08:57

Mind you, this made me chuckle by Peter Hitchins in the MoS

"What an illustration of the uselessness of British politics. Matt Hancock wildly over-reacts to a virus outbreak and condemns the country to a multiple disaster of NHS breakdown, house arrest, endless debt, destroyed business, wrecked education, inflation and grasping taxation. And nobody cares. But when he is pictured kissing a woman, everyone calls for his resignation – not because she's not his wife but because he's allegedly breaking social distancing rules.

Life, as a whole, is becoming increasingly like Care in the Community. If it goes on like this, even I will need counselling."

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 27 Jun 2021 09:20

I wonder if anyone has considers that the marriages already had their problems and both sought love elsewhere. In my experience this is usually the case as nobody knows what goes on in a marriage behind closed doors

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Jun 2021 09:53

If the marriages already had their problems, that implies Hancock employed his mistress, and gave her brother a rather lucrative contract, with no tendering!

This is on top of his giving a firm his sister owns, and that he has (at the time undeclared) shares in, a contract - again, with no tendering.
This is a shredding firm, so the usual excuse for giving jobs to friends and family, of
'it was necessary to get health equipment as soon as possible so tendering was out' doesn't apply.