Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Antony Hickling born 1956 in Plymouth

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 5 Feb 2019 10:09

Hi I am looking for any information on my biological father whom I haven't seen since I was around 5...1989/1990 kind of time... I have a John Bone showing him, my mother and my paternal grandparents on his tree but I don't know who this is and my mother doesn't recognise the name. My grandparents have both unfortunately passed away. I have very little information other than birth and marriage records and Antony doesn't show up on any census records I can find.

Last known location was London area where he went to take up a University place when I was young. My Aunt (Su Hickling) overheard him delivering a parcel to her work in London in the 90s but unfortunately didn't get up and make herself known, I think out of shock...Antony was not in contact with his parents post 1990 as far as we are aware - his father was a very stern man and from all accounts they did not get on. I would just love to hear from anyone with any info...I'm 34 now and he would be 62...
Thank you!

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 5 Feb 2019 10:43

There will be no census available for Antony - they are not released for l00 years. It may be possible to find him on the Electoral Rolls, unless he has opted for privacy and not show. Do you know the name of his wife and any area they may live please? Can you remove his full date of birth and just leave the year please.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 5 Feb 2019 10:47

Hickling
Antony R

This looks like his birth - was he any only child?>

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Feb 2019 10:48

Welcome to the boards, Jennifer.

Could you please remove Antony’s exact date of birth? The year will be sufficient. This is to protect his privacy & lessen the opportunity of identity theft.

His birth reg gives a middle initial of R. Do you know what it is?

There’s marriage for someone of the same name in 1983, Kidderminster registration district, or is that to your mother? If not, have you bought the MC to see if he names your paternal grandfather as his Dad?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Feb 2019 11:07

Is this Antony's parents marriage? :-

First name(s) RONALD W
Last name HICKLING
Marriage quarter 3
Marriage year 1955
Registration month -
MarriageFinder ™

RONALD W HICKLING married one of these people

Glenna M Jane

Spouse's last name Jane
District Plymouth
District number -
County Devon
Country England
Volume 7A
Volume as transcribed 7A
Page number 1559
Record set England & Wales Marriages 1837-2005

Kath. x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Feb 2019 11:39

Aunt Su & Antony must have had different mothers. Antony is the only Hickling with mmn Jane. The alternative is if Aunt Su was/is Antony's Aunt rather a sibling.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 5 Feb 2019 12:26

Jennifer, why don’t you try contacting this John Bone. You don’t need to go into much detail - just say you have noticed he has your mother on his tree and ask what his connection is. Apart from anything else, as your mother is still alive, he should not be showing her without her permission.

Some while ago I contacted someone on Ancestry who was showing my mother in their tree. My Mum was already deceased so it wasn’t a problem but I asked about the connection and found a whole new branch of my family in Canada that I knew nothing about.

It might be worth a try.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 5 Feb 2019 12:32

192.com shows a Tony Hickling living in Loughborough, this year.

But I have no idea of this man's age, so can't assume he's your Anthony.

malyon

malyon Report 5 Feb 2019 12:50

there is a marriage in 1983 in malvern

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 5 Feb 2019 13:45

Hi thank you ever so much for your responses!

Sorry I did mean the electoral register not the census! New to this sorry! He doesn’t appear to be on any electoral roll.

He married Yvonne Lacy ( my mum) in 1983 in Malvern but there’s also an entry under Yvonne Gould in Kidderminster (my mums step dads surname is Gould)

His middle name is Ronald after my grandfather Ronald William (born 1924)

My aunt I am in contact with but she’s got no further information apart from her sighting in London in the 90s.

Susan M Hickling was Ronald and Glennas’ younger child born approx 4 years later...going to my grandfathers side won’t be helpful...he had a sister Gladys M Hickling (I believe the M stands for May like her and my grandfathers’ mother, Elsie May Powell (born in 1921 approx 3-5 months after Elsie’s marriage to William Hickling in the first quarter of 1921). My grandad was left on the doorstep of the family home at the age of 4 whilst Elsie fled an abusive alcoholic William with my grandads’ older sister Gladys...my grandad wouldn’t talk about it and never heard from them again.... that is about all I know of my paternal side... he’s just disappeared. He thought I was better off with my mum and stepfather when he last came to visit (I was 5) I remember my mum told him to go away and never come back :-( so that’s what he did...

I’ve contacted John Bone and I’m yet to hear but whoever he is he ONKY had my paternal side and he knows a lot of information...

To add, I have checked death records and can’t find anything.

Thank you again for the responses - sorry this response is so long!

Kind regards
Jennifer

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 5 Feb 2019 13:48

Yes sorry my grandparents Glenna Mona Jane and Ronald William
Hickling married in 1955. Susan was born on a Marine barracks in Singapore which is why she may be more difficult to locate.

Kind regards
Jennifer

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Feb 2019 13:50

Didn't he attend his father's funeral?

Hickling Ronald William 1924 2008 2008 United Kingdom Deaths 2007-2017 Malvern, Worcestershire, England

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Feb 2019 14:00

Susan's birth is on FMP

However, that is not relevant to this enquiry, as you are in contact with her.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 5 Feb 2019 14:27

You say, "He doesn’t appear to be on any electoral roll."

There is the possibility of the man in Loughborough, whom I mentioned earlier.

Some credits on 192.com would allow you to see the full address.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 5 Feb 2019 14:41

Thank you I will try the T Hickling in Loughborough but will have to set up the 192 account thing first.

No my grandfather was a staunch man, Antony became estranged from them and he doesn’t know they even died sadly - my grandad didn’t want him anywhere near my Nanas funeral, I, being 15 at the time, was too young to feel anything but grief for my loss to go through the trauma of trying to find my father then....my grandfather refused any idea of contacting him when he was dying.

I’ve put him to the back of my mind all these years for fear of rejection...but now I just need to find him either way, as I feel like a part of me is missing.

Thank you all again, and for your patience with me.

Kind regards
Jennifer

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Feb 2019 15:03

Did your mother get a divorce?

Choccy

Choccy Report 5 Feb 2019 15:17

I think JB's mother was the sister of Glenna M JANE married to Ronald Hickling.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 5 Feb 2019 16:54

Choccy you are spot on!! John Bone has been in contact and it turns out I have a whole long lost family! However, there is no news of my father :-( they haven’t heard from him for longer than me... ErikaH yes my mum did get a divorce...but she had to get it in his absence as he couldn’t be traced...

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Feb 2019 16:59

If someone wishes not to be found, it's very easy to 'disappear'.

He can call himself by any name he chooses as long as there is no intention to deceive or defraud.

Choccy

Choccy Report 5 Feb 2019 17:13

That's good news about a long lost family :-) I hope in time you are able to find your father,