Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mixed Countries LOOK-UPS available

Page 1 + 1 of 9

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 2 Jun 2010 12:11

Hi Gael,

Thank you for the additional information which has been noted and copied to my computer.

All the very best.

Gael

Gael Report 2 Jun 2010 12:33

Julia,
Your information is rather wide. Could you narrow it down to some names and maybe the countries they went to.
In the meantime I have this:

Groom's Name: Frank Charles Arnull
Groom's Birth Date:
Groom's Birthplace:
Groom's Age:
Bride's Name: Eliza Turner Kerry
Bride's Birth Date:
Bride's Birthplace:
Bride's Age:
Marriage Date: 24 Jul 1878
Marriage Place: Newmarket Saint Mary,Suffolk,England
Groom's Father's Name:
Groom's Mother's Name:
Bride's Father's Name:
Bride's Mother's Name:
Groom's Race:
Groom's Marital Status:
Groom's Previous Wife's Name:
Bride's Race:
Bride's Marital Status:
Bride's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M06258-1
System Origin: England-ODM
Source Film Number: 952198
Reference Number:
Collection: England Marriages, 1538–1973

Gael

Julia

Julia Report 3 Jun 2010 09:29

Gael, good morning Northern Hemisphere time. Thanks for your reply yesterday. I am a little tied up today and tomorrow with stupid but necessary domestic trivia, i***ing, cleaning, shopping etc, but, over the weeekend I will have another look through my paper files for all the details of the ARNULL family, and come back to you.
I do know that the family went to Germany in the 1890's, and, over the years their children forged out lives for themselves there, marrying and having children. Two sons went to Denmark, to pursue their living in the horsy world, and had Derby Day winners in that country and possibly Sweden.
Off the top of my head, George, a son that had much success in Germany, had three daughters. One became a nun, but two were sent to Denmark in the late 1930's, possibly to their uncles there. Perhaps George was being cautious because of forthcoming events and past experience. During WW1, he and another brother, possibly Alexander, were interned by the Germans. Please read on Google, The Ruhleben Story.
I am trying, at the end of the day, to establish if there are any descendants of this family, still about. My connection to them is the family Turner. I am a direct descendat of this line, as are they, and my grandmother's maiden name being Turner.
Many thanks
Julia in Derbyshire

PS. If ever you come across records for Singapore and Penang, for English people, I would be most interested. Thanks.

Gael

Gael Report 3 Jun 2010 09:42

Hi Back on! Ready to do more

Ann & Jonesey received your PMs will reply later later to Jonesey. There's one other person who PM me yesterday and I accidently deleted it. Could that person PM back.

Gael

Gael

Gael Report 3 Jun 2010 09:49

Hi Julia

I can only find Annulls in England and two marriages in Prince Edward in Canada, but no other places. I only have records for birth, marriages and deaths as mentioned, but do not have censuses or other information that I can help you with at this time.

Gael

Colleen

Colleen Report 3 Jun 2010 10:03

Thanks Gael much appreciated
The first one could be him.. 1810 fits....
Hoping to find details of (Carl) Wilhelm and his father Christian Ford Adam Otto if at all possible

Thanks again
Colleen

Gael

Gael Report 3 Jun 2010 10:23

You're welcome.

Renes

Renes Report 3 Jun 2010 12:40

Hi Gael -
Thanks for offering to help - I am looking for information concerning HERMINE AHRENS born c 1857 in WEIMAR -Germany - father is given as FRITZ AHRENS - musician -

Hermine came to England about 1875 - and appears on the 1881 census as Ladys Maid - ( Hermione Ahrens ) she worked for a Dorset family - but they were in Liverpool at the time - she traveled back to their Dorset home - and later married my Uncle

Her father does not appear on the British census and how she got to England is unknown

I would really appreciate any information concerning the family

Thank you

Irene

Gael

Gael Report 3 Jun 2010 13:17

Irene,

To have her father's information do you have her birth certificate?

The only Hermine or Hermione Ahrens born around 1857 was in Bremen, which on the other side of Germany. I look under Fritz Ahrens to see if I could pick up a trace there but to no available.

Gael

Renes

Renes Report 3 Jun 2010 15:00

No - we are just picking up information from the marriage certificate - she definitely always wrote her name as Hermine - I am currently awaiting some response from Weimar - I wrote to see if they could help - but have been told they never respond - even when writing in German

Ah well - the whole thing is strange - she apparently traveled here at about 18 - alone - appeared in Liverpool working for a very prominent Dorset family - I even wrote to a researcher who had published a history of the family,

The employer was a Captain in the Dorset Hussars - and I wondered if he had been stationed in Germany - but found out - about the time of Hermines arrival he was in India -

The is also no trace of how she arrived - immigration application - nothing

But thank you very much for your help - looks like I am depending on Weimar to respond

Kind regards

Irene

trudianne

trudianne Report 4 Jun 2010 08:51

Hi Gael,

Have you found any luck with my query?

Natalie

Natalie Report 4 Jun 2010 09:23

Gael

I'm trying to find the birth of Giovanni Parini c.1844 in Italy possibly Rome. His father was Guiseppe Parini.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Natalie

tricia

tricia Report 4 Jun 2010 12:14

n

Gael

Gael Report 6 Jun 2010 13:13

Hi Natalie,

No luck so far with the Italy birth for Giovanni Parini, but did he come to live in England and marry?
There's a few children born to a Giovanni Parini and Ann Harriet in Middlesex.

Gael

Natalie

Natalie Report 6 Jun 2010 14:53

Gael

Thanks for your help.

Yes, he did live in London and marry twice. Ann Harriet and then her sister.

I have no idea when he came to England though.

Look forward to hearing from you if anything turns up!

Natalie

Valerie

Valerie Report 7 Jun 2010 10:46

Hi Gael,

please could you look up a Eugene De Vetter b abt 1836 in antwerp belguim he was a Mariner, he settled in liverpool in 1872.
his father according to his marriage cert was Jean Baptiste De Vetter
his occupation was a Cooper sorry i have no y.o.b for him

regards
val

Gael

Gael Report 7 Jun 2010 11:02

Hi Valerie,

Cannot find any birth record for Eugene in Belguim to a Jean Baptiste De Vetter abt 1836.

Gael

Valerie

Valerie Report 7 Jun 2010 11:13

hi gael,

thanx for looking

regards
val

Sarah

Sarah Report 8 Jun 2010 10:59

Hi Gael,
Im looking for an Austrian Birth Johann Mahl abt 1845 Innsbruck area. I believe his parents were Johann Nepomuck Von Ritter b 1806-1873 and Emily Eliatschek. I know he came to england and changed his name but think he died about 1926 and is buried in Innsbruck old cemetry. Any info would be great
Best Wishes Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 8 Jun 2010 11:07

Hi Gael,
I have checked and Johann senior first married Elsa Lama she was born abt 1806 Austria. Johann junior also had several siblings including Vikter,Maria,and Franz.
Appreciate any help with this family.
Best Wishes sarah