Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Howarth family (Lancashire)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

georgina

georgina Report 11 Mar 2013 15:48

hi could anyone help me with my search for ancestors/ descendants of william howarth born 1890? married elizabeth black 1913. I have a copy of his wedding cert that gives me his fathers name only, cannot seem to find any birth cert? they went on to have 3 children John, William and George (my dad). who all lived in the Widnes/Liverpool area
after a break need to try again to find any info, this would be much appreciated as cant seem to get any further !!!!
Georgina Howarth

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Mar 2013 15:51

Obtaining his marriage cert is vital

It will tell you how old he was........and his father's details

The name is too common for research to be accurate without those facts

Mike *

Mike * Report 11 Mar 2013 15:51

What is his father's name from the marriage certificate ?

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 11 Mar 2013 15:51

Best way would be to buy the marriage cert that should have his fathers details which you can then use to find him on the 1901/1911 census possibly with his family

Roy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Mar 2013 15:52

Marriages Sep 1913 (>99%)
Black Elizabeth A Howarth Runcorn 8a 670
Howarth William Black Runcorn 8a 670

georgina

georgina Report 11 Mar 2013 16:03

thanks for all the replies .with your info i have ordered their wedding certificate. i have only just started this journey and find it fascinating. another query how will i find out if he was in WW1?much appreciate all replies

georgina

georgina Report 11 Mar 2013 16:05

thanks for all the replies .with your info i have ordered their wedding certificate. i have only just started this journey and find it fascinating. another query how will i find out if he was in WW1?much appreciate all replies

Mike *

Mike * Report 11 Mar 2013 16:16

If you are asking another query then you might want to untick the "marked as answered"

georgina

georgina Report 18 Mar 2013 17:50

hi ,
could anybody help me with information regarding a Peter Revill born 1816? in Clown Derbyshire,married Hannah? also from Clown derbyshire. how will i get more info on who his ancesters may be?

georgina

georgina Report 18 Mar 2013 17:55

i have a William Howarth born 1887 joined the "Manchester Bantams" presume 1914 ? any info on how i will get his military records .

Lynski

Lynski Report 18 Mar 2013 21:29

Related thread -

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1321607

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Mar 2013 04:21

nd here's another - [please do not start any more

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Mar 2013 13:08

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1322075