Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have access to British Origins & Irish Origins

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eames

Eames Report 10 May 2007 19:45

Hi - I have access to both above, please remember that it doesnt hold Birth Records for either countries. Go to their site for list of records they holds.

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 10 May 2007 20:19

Hi Tracy, I had a quick look at Irish Origins. Hope you can maybe help with the 1901 census, can you see a John Carney (hairdresser) and wife Mary Carney (nee Kennedy) in the County Down. There may also be a Nicholas Carney also a hairdressers with his wife Margaret Carney (nee Kennedy) and daughter called Catherine. Betty

webwiz

webwiz Report 10 May 2007 20:21

Hi Tracy Thanks for the offer. Could you look in their 1841 census for Wales for a George CANTON born c1815? (He does not show up in Ancestry) Michael

kaz

kaz Report 10 May 2007 20:27

Hello Tracy Thanks for the offer, would you be so kind to see if there is anything there for a John Riley in Mayo or a Bridget McGlenn. Many thanks. Kaz

kaz

kaz Report 10 May 2007 20:38

aww sorry tracy, 1851 and 1861 please thanks..Kaz

Eames

Eames Report 10 May 2007 20:38

Hi Betty, Sorry - cannot spot them :( Regards, T

Eames

Eames Report 10 May 2007 20:39

Hi Michael, There's 2 results.. Any one of these rings a bell? CANTON GEORGE M 30 PEMBROKESHIRE ROSE HILL HAVERFORDWEST PEMBROKESHIRE CANTON GEORGE M 32 PEMBROKESHIRE BANGESTON, LITTLE PEMBROKE ST MARY PEMBROKESHIRE If so, let me know which one and I'll get the household for you Regards, T

Eames

Eames Report 10 May 2007 20:40

Hi Kaz, What sort of records did you want? Regards, T

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 10 May 2007 20:45

Hi Tracy, Thanks for trying anyway, I just can't find them anywhere, I thought the would be in Newry and Mourne. Betty

Eames

Eames Report 10 May 2007 20:46

Sorry Kaz.. Whats their age/year of birth? There's only 1851 and 1901 Census for Dublin - unless you wanted me to look for them in UK Census? (that havent got 51 yet for UK) Regards, T

kaz

kaz Report 10 May 2007 20:49

Hi Tracy john year of birth 1842/43 in Mayo Ireland Bridget year of birth 1844/45 in Roscommon Ireland I have them both in the Uk 1871 cencus they married in 1870, im just trying to find out when they came to the UK and who with..Many thanks kaz

Eames

Eames Report 10 May 2007 21:01

Hi Kaz, Sorry - John Riley.. There's so many in UK .. Nothing in Ireland As for Bridget McGlenn .. Only can find this MCGLEN BRIDGET M F 18 NORTHUMBERLAND STREET ALNWICK ALNWICK Northumberland No idea if thats her as she stated that she was born in Ireland and is a servant to the THOMPSONs family. Regards, T

kaz

kaz Report 10 May 2007 21:14

Thanks for looking Tracy, i have them both in Newcastle from 1871, they went onto have three sons also in Newcastle, one of which is my gr8 grandfather..have ordered John and Bridget's marriage cert to see if that holds anymore info for me...your time and efforts are appreciated, thank you. Kaz

Eames

Eames Report 10 May 2007 23:30

Up it goes.. ^bump

Daniel

Daniel Report 10 May 2007 23:57

Hi tracy Can you please see if theres a william wilson (publican) and a ann rice (ann wilson = married) in antrim ireland between 1864 and 1880. Many thanks Danny

Sheila

Sheila Report 11 May 2007 09:48

Thank you for the kind offer Tracey, Can you find a marriage for William Whitehead to an Amelia??please. William was in the Royal Artillery.Their first child was born in Kerry,and on census info it says Amelia his wife was born in Kerry also. I cant find them on the 1861 census,so I wondered if they were in Ireland at that time,amd married there. Many Thanks Sheila

Eames

Eames Report 11 May 2007 10:02

Daniel, What kind of records did you want me to look up? T

Eames

Eames Report 11 May 2007 10:03

Sheila, No marriage available in Irish Origins .. Can only spot them in 1871 Census - but thats about it. Sorry, T

Sheila

Sheila Report 11 May 2007 10:12

Thank you for looking Tracey. I did find them in England on the 1871 census But I am trying to find Amelias maiden name. Many thanks again for your time. Regards Sheila .

Eames

Eames Report 11 May 2007 17:37

^bumping it up....