Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Surrey 1871 census

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 20 Jan 2004 15:05

Will do 1871 census searches for Surrey, but it can sometimes take me a while to get through them. The following parishes are on the London discs NOT Surrey:Bethnal Green - Camberwell - Chelsea - Greenwich - Hackney - Hampstead - Holborn - Islington - Kensington - Lambeth - Lewisham - London City - Marylbone - Mile End Town - Pancras - Poplar - Stepney - St George Hanover Square - St George in the East - St Giles - St Saviour Southwark - St Olave Southwark - Strand - Shoreditch - Wandsworth - Westminster - Whitechapel - Woolwich Just to add there is sadly no index, so as much info as poss is needed but I will do my best. Also I can't access the site every day so please don't think I'm ignoring any new messages, I'll post a message when I've taken the latest enquiries

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 20 Jan 2004 15:46

Hi, Thanks for the offer again.... could you look up the surname BYERS for me? If not, if it's not indexed that way, then sorry and I understand. They should be living in Lambeth. Chloe

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 20 Jan 2004 15:57

Hi Sue, could you look up the name Ewell for me please. They may have been in Kingston or Croydon area, thanks, Karen.

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 21 Jan 2004 09:59

PLease PLease can you help me, i am looking for the JOhnson family, alice , thomas and possibly Jane all living at the same address in Battersea, Surrey! Alice was born grafton, berks c.1838. They may have been all living at 56 Russell street, battersea.. Any help, i would be grateful. Thankyou. Rebecca.

Teresa-Green-Gables

Teresa-Green-Gables Report 21 Jan 2004 10:20

Sue please could you look for Rhodes in Surrey. I'm hoping for a John, with a son William, but any other Rhodes' would be great. Many thanks Teresa

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 21 Jan 2004 11:27

Susan thank you very much for your offer I'm looking for a large family HICKS. Names to look out for are Julian and Leonard. Poss Camberwell area. Much Hapiness Debi

Crista

Crista Report 21 Jan 2004 11:47

Hi Sue, If you have time could you look up the name Penycate for me? They should be in the Witley, Hascombe, Haslemere, Grayswood, Wormley area. Many thanks, Crista

Terry

Terry Report 21 Jan 2004 14:26

hi susan i wondered if you could have a look for me to see if you can find any HATTON families in camberwell. thankyou susie

Michele

Michele Report 21 Jan 2004 14:58

HI Thanks for the offer. I wonder if you could look for any Coventry family's in the Wandsworth area? Millis Coventry would be one name(senior 69/70ish and junior 30ish) to look for plus Edward, Ellen/Helen, Mary, Elizabeth. But any would do as I can check them out to see if they are the missing family members. Many thanks Michele

Sarah

Sarah Report 21 Jan 2004 17:44

Hi Sue I was wondering if you would beable to have a look for a SUTTON & a MAJOR family. Iam looking for a James MAJOR age abt 14, parents James and Eliza, who i would think would both be in their 40`s. Edward SUTTON who i would think would be in his 40`s. Wife Sarah SUTTON aged abt 36 Children:- Lucy 14 Stace 13 Rose 10 Minnie 7 Mary 2. Ive tried looking on the London and ive had people trying the 1871 Middlesex, so my next choice was Surrey. Thank you very much for your time. Sarah

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 21 Jan 2004 21:18

Hi Susan Doubt you will be able to help me, as I don;t have an address. But will post just incase looking for Edwin/Edward Littlejohns born about 1830 his wife is Jane Littlejohns born about 1831 (but she may be deceased in 1871. Children I know of are Edwin Littlejohns born c1858 in St Georges Martyr and Fred/Frederick Littlejohns born c1859 geneva switzerland. Possibly will be in the Lambeth or Anerley area.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 22 Jan 2004 08:32

Hi Sue, Thank you for your very kind offer, if you have time am looking for Nobes and Nicholson families, living together (?) Mitcham, Surrey. may be, Wandle House,Phipps Bridge Rd. Regards, Liz, in rural Norfolk.

Susan

Susan Report 22 Jan 2004 13:59

Hi all. Thanks for all the enquiries. As there is no index it might take me a while to find anything for some of you. I'm only able to access the emails and website at work, although the census discs are at home so I can't pick any new enquiries up everyday, but I promise I will do them as soon as I can. Best wishes Sue

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 22 Jan 2004 15:02

sue thankyou for letting us know susie

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Jan 2004 20:16

Hi, Would be ever so grateful if you could look up the Woodruff family for me. Corporal William Woodruff born 1834/38 in Glossop, wife Mary nee Brown, born Limerick and son Frederick born Farnham Surrey in 1870. He was stationed at Aldershot Camp in 1870 when Frederick was born. I was wondering if they were still in Farnham in 1871. Thank you, Margaret

Janice

Janice Report 22 Jan 2004 20:37

Hi Susan Thanks anyway for your offer Janice

Susan

Susan Report 23 Jan 2004 19:02

First few results: NINA:- They were where you thought they'd be: 3 Forest Place, Richmond Charles Isted Hd M 26 Hotel Waiter b. Twickenham MDX Martha Isted Wf M 26 b. Quendon? Essex Alice M Isted d 3 b. Kingston Alfred G Isted s 2 b. Kingston Arthur G Isted s 1m b. Richmond Maria Reed mother-in-law 48 b. Quendon? Essex Sorry I can't be any surer about Martha and Maria's birthplace. LIZ Wandle House, Phipps Bridge Road John E Hunt U 23 Cousin Clerk to Leather Merchant b. Wanford Louisa A A Hunt U 26 Cousin b. Wanford Harriet Nicholson 7 Cousin b. Farnham Hants Alfred Nicholson 6 Cousin b. Farnham Hants Fanny Nicholson 5 Cousin b. Farnham Hants There was no obvious Head of household. The property before was Wandle Villas where the Head was Andrew Smith (52) and his wife Elizabeth(62) so its a bit of a confusing entry. There were no Nobes listed. Best wishes Sue

Heather

Heather Report 23 Jan 2004 22:30

Hi Susan If you have time would you look for the Mottley family for me please? Jane Elizabeth and James Charles Mottley married in 1850 and were living at 65 Commercial Road, Lambeth (then in Surrey) in 1857 when my Gr Grandfather also James Charles Mottley was born. On 1881 census Jane was staying with her sister Ellen Bradshaw in Limehouse and had Daughters Jane 21 & Frances 19 with her. These two daughters were born in Poplar. By 1891 Jane was a widow living in Poplar. Please can you see if any of the family were left in Surrey. Jane's maiden name was Barry and her Father was called William Barry just in case they were near her family Many thanks Heather

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 24 Jan 2004 07:12

Hi Sue, Thank you so much for the info,they are my Nicholsons and has helped with old photo that has Hunt written on it. Regards, Liz,in rural Norfolk.

Sharon

Sharon Report 24 Jan 2004 09:47

Hi I dont know if you can help me because i do not have an address to search. I am trying to trace my husbands 2x gt grandparents. So far i have found them on 1891 and 1901 census but not on 1881. The details i have are Edward John Edwards born 05.06.1856 in Lambeth, Surrey and his future wife Jane Anne Harman Hurlstone born july 1856 in Lambeth. I know they got married in 1879 but i cannot find them on 1881 census. I am also trying to find out who Edward's parents were. Hope you can help me. Kind Regards Sharon Reeve Update: I have just found Edward Edwards father on 1881 census living at 16 Chapel St, Lambeth his occupation is a cab proprietor.