Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census Collector 2011 Jobs

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 22 Nov 2010 17:17

Hi all,

did you know that you can apply to become a Census collector for the Census 2011, the following is taken from their official website which is where you apply

This is your chance to be part of something special. On 27 March 2011 the next census takes place which is generating over 35,000 jobs across England and Wales.

This site provides you with everything you need to know about applying for a job with the 2011 Census. A number of benefits are on offer for both you and your local area, including:

•flexible working hours
•job satisfaction from helping others
•extra cash to boost your income
•a chance to develop your community •invaluable experience for your CV

www.censusjobs.co.uk

I've applied, have passed my online test and now i have a telephone interview in the next week or so

stephanie

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Nov 2010 17:57

nudge

Janette

Janette Report 22 Nov 2010 18:03

Hi, this sounds really interesting is there particular age you to have to be only I have a daughter who is interested?

Thanks Janette

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 22 Nov 2010 19:47

Link doesn't work.

Julie

Julie Report 22 Nov 2010 21:46

I would have thought all the jobs had gone by now seeing has it has been advertise since late Sept early Oct.......There were threads about it im sure

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 22 Nov 2010 22:06

There are still positions available and some yet to be advertised.

I am having a phone interview on Wednesday, having passed stages 1 and 2 of the interview process...Wish me luck.

This takes you to the official page

https://ig11.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_census01.asp?newms=info1

Chris

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 23 Nov 2010 06:15

Yes I have applied too. I got an email yesterday to say that I had passed the test and now have to book a telephone interview.

Once you are in the system you have to meet the deadlines otherwise your application is cancelled. It was 7 days to do the test and 3 days to book the interview, which I will do later today.

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 23 Nov 2010 19:10

I applied and did the on line test for special ennumerator but haven't heard anything more. Have they advertised household ennumerators jobs? They hadn't before.

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 30 Nov 2010 13:33

nudge

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 30 Nov 2010 13:56

I think the deadlines vary from place to place. I have applied for a Census Collector job and have an interview next week.

The alerts for our area were sent on the 1st November, closing date for applications is the 13th December.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 30 Nov 2010 22:16

Can anyone help - the link above:

www.censusjobs.co.uk

does not work.

I thought I'd already applied some months ago, but heard nothing.

Meg

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 30 Nov 2010 22:17

Okay, it works if you bypass the dodgy message.

Ta
Meg

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 30 Nov 2010 22:44

I think there is a problem, as an applicant, when applying for jobs as to knowing whether you are being progressed.

If you don't pass the first online 'test' then you won't be invited to the second online 'test'....But you won't be formally notified that you didn't.

If you pass the second online test then you are invited to third stage which is a telephone interview.....But if you don't pass the second online test then you are not formally notified.

I had the telephone interview and was advised that I would 'hear' in January/February if I got the job.

Not holding my breath!

Chris

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 30 Nov 2010 23:46

I had an email telling me I wouldn't be given the telephone interview, but that there will be more jobs coming up soon, I suppose they mean the household ennumerators.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 1 Dec 2010 19:08

Maybe I failed last time. Can't imagine why, I fulfil all the criteria.

Katie

Katie Report 1 Dec 2010 19:56

I had an email from them today asking if I know anyone who would be interested as they still have lots of posts to fill. I had a telephone interview weeks ago but haven't heard anything more.
Katie

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 5 Dec 2010 15:40

Katie,

What is the format of the interview and the sort of questions asked? I think I also read somewhere that it will be January before you here anything

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 5 Dec 2010 15:42

Madmeg,

You need to log into the website with your details to see the status of any applications you might have made. Are you sure you applied, not just registered to receive alerts?

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 5 Dec 2010 18:29

Looking at the website, the only jobs to be recruiting so far are

Census Coordinator
Special Enumerator
Census Collector

Census Coordinators (COs) are responsible for managing and coordinating the 2011 Census operation in an area including managing a team of up to 15 field staff. The emphasis will be on ensuring complete coverage of the residential population, establishing links with local community groups to maximise response and supporting and motivating your team. COs will be responsible for ensuring the health and welfare of operational field staff and dealing with dismissal, disciplinary and grievance procedures.

A Special Enumerator (SE) is responsible for delivering 2011 Census questionnaires to communal establishments, such as care homes, hotels, student halls of residence and special population groups - and collecting them once completed.

A Census Collector (CC) is responsible for contacting householders - knocking on doors or ringing doorbells - to follow up the non-return of 2011 Census questionnaires. This will involve face-to-face discussions to encourage the completion and return of census questionnaires and to offer help and assistance if required. They will be required to work at varied times including evenings and weekends.

Other jobs, still to be recruited are:-

Census Coverage Survey Regional Manager
Census Coverage Survey Team Manager
Census Coverage Survey Interviewer
Non Compliance Coordinator
Non Compliance Officer
Non Compliance Assistant

Katie

Katie Report 5 Dec 2010 21:24

I thought those jobs were all advertised about a year ago. I worked as an enumerator on the last 3 censuses and never had any bother. In 2001 the forms had to be posted back and I only had to revisit those who hadn't sent them off. It was the co-ordinators job to get the form filled in if I couldn't - they also dealt with any awkward people.
Katie