Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing Large family tree. Ron HELP!!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Perranmaid

Perranmaid Report 30 Apr 2006 20:26

Using FTM 2005 to print a tree for my Auntie including photos and siblings will take, something like 20 A4 sheets. I know people have spoken of a printers who will do it. Does anyone know how long it would take and approx costs please? or would I be better drawing the tree saving it to disc and going somewhere that can print large sheets. Any suggestions please, I need to do it quickly!!

Lee

Lee Report 30 Apr 2006 20:34

good question, I was wondering the very same, Hopefully some could help! free bump ; )

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 30 Apr 2006 20:35

try this site, http://www.genealogyprinters.*com/ remove * Roy

Perranmaid

Perranmaid Report 30 Apr 2006 20:46

Thankyou Porkie pie. I could not remember the name of the site to go and have a look.

Mandy in Wiltshire

Mandy in Wiltshire Report 30 Apr 2006 22:07

Ron and Carol, who own Genealogyprinters, are both members of this site as well as being very nice, helpful people. I'm sure that they will be able to help if you need it in a hurry! Mandy

Suein10b

Suein10b Report 30 Apr 2006 22:49

I ordered a very large chart from genealogy printers ( I highly recommend them ) it arrived with me about 3 days after I had ordered it. Although I had no photos on mine. Its really great. Sue

Perranmaid

Perranmaid Report 1 May 2006 08:52

Thankyou both, sorry for delay but it got a bit late last night had to get some sleep. I did check out above site but I found the cost of it a bit steep for something that isn't a finished article. At this point I only want one branch all be it a big branch, don't really want a finished article, if you see what I mean. I may just have to go with sticking sheets together for now. Thanks again.

Ron

Ron Report 1 May 2006 10:08

Hi All. Been a bit hectic this holiday weekend with attending the SOG fair in London, nice to met a lot of GR members and customers again and have a chat with you. Perranmaid, you've hurt our feelings :0))) we are still operating after 7 years with no increase in prices at all during that time. A printed family tree for up to 500 people, custom designed, printed in full colour and shown to you before you commit yourself to buy or pay anything can cost as little as £25 including Postage & Packing. We wouldn't call that steep. :0)))))) Best wishes Ron & Carol www.genealogyprinters*com

Perranmaid

Perranmaid Report 1 May 2006 10:29

Sorry Ron, But ticking the boxes etc on the form came out at around £50.00. maybe I ought to have another go and then communicate with you properly???? Eating humble pie!!!!

Ron

Ron Report 1 May 2006 10:37

No need to apologise, if the humble pies nice you can send me a bit :0)))). Send us the gedcom file and your phone number and we'll see what we can do for you while keeping the cost down, we look after our GR customers. Best wishes. Ron www.genealogyprinters*com

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 1 May 2006 10:43

I too can state that the service Ron provides is fantastic!! Well worth every penny!! mine was printed so i could see where I needed to concentrate most and its helped me no end!! xx

Perranmaid

Perranmaid Report 1 May 2006 11:40

Thankyou Ron, I will sort it tonight.

Ron

Ron Report 1 May 2006 12:38

Hi Pink. I've got the hump with you :0)))) I know you couldn't get near the stall when you visited us but you could have come back later and had a natter. The GR stall was packed all day and was manned by the lovely Martine I hope you all said hello to her. Ron www.genealogyprinters*com

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 1 May 2006 12:46

Ron - LOL!! I went past twice again after my hello and you was busy and we didn't stay that long as did all we needed and whipped home again as my friend had guests coming!! Didn't get to speak to anyone on GR stand as they too were busy!! xx

Perranmaid

Perranmaid Report 1 May 2006 21:22

My tree is too big to send I have tried three times now so you may have fragments of it. I am going to try and reduce it and send again apologies if you have a problem at your end.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 1 May 2006 22:46

Hiya its probably your mailbox size allowance that won't allow it to be sent - have you tried 'ZIP' as it compacts the file without reducing the content.

Perranmaid

Perranmaid Report 1 May 2006 23:00

How do I do that Pink????

Narelle

Narelle Report 2 May 2006 08:22

Does anyone know who does printing in australia for family trees. Nellie

Ron

Ron Report 2 May 2006 09:08

We do, we get lots of customers from Australia. Ron www.genealogyprinters*com

Ron

Ron Report 2 May 2006 09:19

Perranmaid. As stated by Pink, it's probably your ISP that will not allow you to send the file. Most ISP's have a file restriction size in place and will not allow you to send large files as attachments, this usually only applies if you are on dial up, if you have broadband you should be able to send it. We can receive files of any size as we have an unrestricted inbox. You may have to burn it to a CD or if it's a gedcom file it should fit onto a floppy disk, a gedcom with 2,000 people in it will easily fit onto a floppy. If you need any help with saving it to disk or burning it to a CD e-mail me your telephone number, I'll call you and talk you through it while your sitting at your PC. Ron www.genealogyprinters*com