Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ive got a FANNY!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 13 Apr 2006 22:22

Woo hoo, my first one. Decided to have a look at the kids of Jonas Horstead and Sarah Breeze in Norfolk. Clever old Dinah their youngest daughter 1825 married a much older 'farmer of 95 acres' - bad news, he lived til he was 89. BUT they had a Fanny!

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Apr 2006 22:25

I'm delighted for you Heather! You're now a registered Fanny-owner!!! lol! Bev x

Heather

Heather Report 13 Apr 2006 22:26

So I can discard my two Dicks eh!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Apr 2006 22:31

lololol!!! One of them can go! Bev x

Conan

Conan Report 13 Apr 2006 22:34

I hate to interrupt.............. but as a tree owner of no less than three Fannys ( or should that be Fannies )........... could I ask if anyone knows whether or not Fanny was a name in itself, or was a shortened or affectionate version of some other name.

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Apr 2006 22:38

Congratulations Heather. You are now officially a POOF (Proud Owner Of Fanny)

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Apr 2006 22:40

I found these Fannys in 1891: Found these two ladies: Fanny Hacking Fanny Mount Fanny is a name in its own right and also a pet name for Frances. I have 3 in my tree and none in my husband's tree. nell

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 13 Apr 2006 22:41

its short for Frances Jeanette

Heather

Heather Report 13 Apr 2006 22:44

Ill never get a complete herd of them like you Gramps, but I am so relieved to have one. This one is registered as a Fanny, so I guess it could be a name in its own right.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Apr 2006 23:13

I have a Fanny Hoare :0) She had a little sister on the 1881 census as Winifred A Hoare. maggie

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 13 Apr 2006 23:22

Heather, Congratulations. I've got a stack of Fannys. Didn'e realize they were special. I'll treasure them. They have lovely second names; Caroline, Mitilda, Charlotte, Pheobe,etc. I don't have any Dicks, but my husbane has a swag of Richards. I think they were too wealthy to call them Dick.

lyndylou74

lyndylou74 Report 14 Apr 2006 00:29

I too have three Fanny,s in my family tree and one of mine had a son called Willie!!!

Carrie

Carrie Report 14 Apr 2006 00:34

2 of my Fanny's are called:- Fanny Spooner and Fanny Bush!!!

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 14 Apr 2006 00:39

Heather. May i say as someone who is FANNYLESS!!! you bought tears to my eyes. Tears of laughter of course. You anoucment on the message board told me how proud you are of your Fanny. I do hope you find a happy ending. lol... Regards Vanessa

Carrie

Carrie Report 14 Apr 2006 00:47

I am so Glad Fanny Furr doesn't belong to me! Lol:)))))) Vanessa i hope you find a Fanny soon!

Linda in the Midlands

Linda in the Midlands Report 14 Apr 2006 00:50

I've got a Fanny Turner!, well she isn't actually mine.she married my gt gt grandad. BUT she was a real Fanny registered in that name Linda

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 14 Apr 2006 01:14

Carrie. I`m sure the way my family tree is trying to unfold there is bound to be a Fanny somewhere, even a Dick. Vanessa I do have a few Willies though so i should think myself luck!lol :))

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 14 Apr 2006 01:24

OH poor fanny. I do hope her school friends were broad minded! :)) And did she marry? Vanessa

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 14 Apr 2006 06:43

This is like the script of a 'Carry On' film! In which case I might as well share this with you. I once worked in an office where there was a Miss Ovary and a Mr Seaman. Oh how we laughed!

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 14 Apr 2006 07:22

I have a Fanny Buckell. Sounds like some sort of chastity belt!