Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MY HUSBAND IS WORRIED ABOUT ME !!

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dea

Dea Report 28 Mar 2005 20:08

Hi all, I joined this site at the end of December and since then I have been on here for the majority of time I have been awake. 8 - 10 - 12 hours per day. - I do try to show willing and if my husband is home I go downstairs and try to be seen to do a bit of dusting or something. - The minute he goes out I am back up here on the Computer. Tonight he told me that he was worried about me as I seem to be up here all the time. Am I normal or should I too be worried. Is there anything I can tell him to reassure him that I am O.K., or AM I NOT O.K. ?? Dea

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 28 Mar 2005 20:10

lol - you're quite normal. I think most of the people on here are addicted, like me and you :) I spend loads of time on here too.

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Mar 2005 20:13

Hubbie's an artist in his spare time and has now resorted to bringing all HIS stuff down to the kitchen cos that's where the computer is set up He said otherwise we'd spend no time together but knows there's no way I'm going to go and sit in the attic without my internet connection! Lou

Jenny

Jenny Report 28 Mar 2005 20:16

I'm an addict too! I manage to calm hubby by telling him I'm trying to prove we are related to footballer Alan Shearer....he shuts up for a while then!! I do try to join the land of the living once in a while, it can be a real effort though! Best wishes, Jenny

Linda G

Linda G Report 28 Mar 2005 20:17

Thank goodness. I'm 'normal'. I can't resist having a quick check all the time when I'm home. Something will then catch my attention and, whoosh, an hour has gone. Just give in and enjoy it. Linda

Peter

Peter Report 28 Mar 2005 20:31

You have ANORAKseaer and its only releved by going on site to get your daly fix. You can be cuerd as long as you are cought befor you start offering to do look ups or helping in other ways, you must also not exceed 8 houers a day. For most of us ITS TO LATE, you still have a cha...........NO ....NO.........AHGGGGGGGG

Dea

Dea Report 28 Mar 2005 20:33

Peter, i already exceed 8 hours most days. I have also offered to do look ups, AND I am trying to help other people. - At least 5 in the past 2 days. Do you think is is terminal.?? Dea. x

Peter

Peter Report 28 Mar 2005 20:35

You Are lost. its to late YOUR ONE OF US NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Josieanne

Josieanne Report 28 Mar 2005 20:37

Hi Dea I'm afraid once you admit these things thats it your hooked, my husband and I have to share puter and as were both addicts well no hope at all all our family and friends think were totaly bonkers, still as they say united we stand and we only fall out when we both want to be on here, so no hope. one of the best hobbies going. Josephine

Dea

Dea Report 28 Mar 2005 20:38

Peter, Having got to know the people who are most often on this site - I couldn't think of anything better than to be classed as 'One of Us'. Thank you. Dea.x

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Mar 2005 20:38

Josephine Do what I did....get him to buy you a laptop! Lou

Peter

Peter Report 28 Mar 2005 20:39

Thats true Great here an't it

Sophie

Sophie Report 28 Mar 2005 20:41

WOW, thats just like me!! Every time i get home from school i come up straight to the computer to see if i have missed anything or anything has come up!! Its because this type of hobby is soo addictive!! LOL LMP :)

Josieanne

Josieanne Report 28 Mar 2005 20:43

Lou Have got a laptop but not conected to net this the only one, but I do have a family tree on there so work on that when I cant get on here aaaaahhhhhh this is getting worse :-)))) Josephine

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 28 Mar 2005 20:44

snap the same as me

Lozie

Lozie Report 28 Mar 2005 20:44

I am also obsessed with 'dead people' and 'genes'. My husband even made a notice for my laptop 'WARNING WOMAN OBSESSED' he even warns my friends not to ask me what i'm doing otherwise they will become infected with 'genealogy' and 'that once you catch it there is no none cure and you will be beyond help.' LOL I have even been known to switch on the laptop and check for emails before I've wee'd and washed in the morning. LOL. Now that really is taking it too far. I'm having withdrawal symptons at the moment, coz we are installing a new kitchen and we are starting it from scratch, no sink, cooker, cupboards, so that is taking up all my valuable research time!!!!! lol 'obsessed from ramsgate'

Julie

Julie Report 28 Mar 2005 20:56

Hi everybody, my name is Julie and im an addict and have been for 6 months.

Lozie

Lozie Report 28 Mar 2005 20:58

Lyla, I love saturday's, coz i usually don't even get as far as gettin dressed. I switch on the pc and stay in my jim-jams all day. i love it. lol. I'm really lucky that my husband supports what i'm doing, even if he can't quite understand WHY!!!. I'm usually in the living room with the laptop and tv and he's in the kitchen with the pc. who says the art of conversation is dead????lol Lozie:~)

Lozie

Lozie Report 28 Mar 2005 21:02

I have just read this thread to my husband and he says he should start his own thread 'GENEALOGY WIDOWERS/ WIDOWS CLUB' LOL Lozie :~)

Dea

Dea Report 28 Mar 2005 21:06

Lozie - I think my husband would join - I just went downstairs (as there wqs a 4 minute lull in my messages) and told him that 22 people had said I was quite normal. !! He thought I should have more 'real' friend rather than 'virtual' ones. - You're not'virtual' are you ? - You're all real to me. XXXXX Dea