Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901/1891/1881/1871 census lookup's offered...new

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Bag

The Bag Report 26 Feb 2005 10:04

Please leave names , years of birth and birth places where possible. Check regularly for answer to your request - sometimes I need to ask questions for clarification- When i have found the info you require please delete your request. jess

Jan.jan

Jan.jan Report 26 Feb 2005 11:03

Jess. Would you look up the 1901 Census, to see if James Robinson is listed. He was born Dec 1852 at Portsea.Portsmouth. Also, is there a Charles Robinson and his wife Mary Ann in Portsea. Charles was born 1850 in Portsea. Thanks

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Feb 2005 12:41

Please can you see if any edmondson were born in cumberland/carlisle around 1800-30 Thanks Hannah

Jan.jan

Jan.jan Report 26 Feb 2005 13:00

Jess. Thanks for the Robinson's, that gives me a new branch to follow. I have no idea where Mary Ann Burgess was born. All I know is that she married Charles in St.Marys Portsea in June qtr 1868. Don't waste any more time on it. I'll go to the Record Office to see if I can get any more info. Thanks anyway.

nanny Bunchkin

nanny Bunchkin Report 26 Feb 2005 13:11

hi jess thank you very much think james and william may posibly be mine from st.arvans.i will have a look at others. ive recorded the info and deleted it off thread. thanks again. luv debs.x

Alasdair

Alasdair Report 26 Feb 2005 22:35

Jess Me again! Looking for 1871 census - kent John Spain Wife in 1881 Olive Spain if before marriage Olive Relf Olive born in Pluckley Kent John in Woodchurch Kent maybe in 1871 living in Nonington or Eastry Kent age in 1871 John 38 and olive 33 Alasdair

Alasdair

Alasdair Report 26 Feb 2005 23:10

as always, cheers x

~ Maryclare

~ Maryclare Report 27 Feb 2005 02:56

hi jess thanks for the offer heres what i have so far on grandad holmes(james iron fitter) born in leeds) 1901 census living at 18 paradise st hunslet leeds yorkshire age28 wife mary elizabeth age 26(born in hull) son richard age 5(leeds) son james age 3 ' son john age 1 ' what i'm looking for is his first marriage dont know who when or where,have heard there were children because they were mentioned in his will.any suggestions on how i may find more info? thanks maryclare

Elaine

Elaine Report 27 Feb 2005 09:57

Hi Jess, Can you by any chance find my g.grandfather in the 1891 census - he doesn't appear to be with his family? He is William Shepherd b.1849 Colchester, Essex. Good luck and thanks in advance. Elaine

Alasdair

Alasdair Report 27 Feb 2005 11:14

Thanks Jess, now I find out my Great Grandfather had twelve brothers and sisters not just the 6 I knew of! Alasdair

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Feb 2005 13:12

Jess Thanks for your kind offer. Please could you look for this family in 1871/1891. I think they should be in MAESTEG, Glamorgan. WILLIAMS, Thomas b about 1838 (in 1881 he was an engine driver) wife Jennet (has been mistranscribed Janet) b. 1843 son Thomas b 1866 ' Griffith b 1868 Many thanks. nell

Vivien

Vivien Report 27 Feb 2005 14:04

Hi Jess would you be able to look up 1871 Alfred William Oulton Timms he was born 1866 Worplesdon Surrey, his mother was Sarah Timms, he used the name William in later years. Thank you Vivien.

Patricia

Patricia Report 27 Feb 2005 15:39

Hello Jess, How does this work? Do you have free access to the census on-line or do you have to pay. Or do you go to the library and spend a lot of time there tracing the information people have given you? Kind regards, Tric

Elaine

Elaine Report 27 Feb 2005 20:06

Jess. Sorry, had to go out this afternoon and have just picked up your request. William Shepherd's wife was Matilda, Wife, 42 born London. The children with her were William 20, Florence 17,Harry 15,Charles 12,Horace 9, Robert 7and Stanley 4. The children were born in Colchester. Matilda and kids were in Brighton in 1891. Thanks, Elaine

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Feb 2005 07:57

Viviene. appologies. he isn't obvious: Born Worplesdon/Timms returns these Ellen Timms 3 Guildford, Surrey, England Daughter Guildford Holy Trinity Surrey Honor Timms 32 London, Middlesex, England Head Guildford Holy Trinity Surrey Honor Timms 8 Worplesdon, Surrey, England Daughter Guildford Holy Trinity Surrey John Timms 14 months Guildford, Surrey, England Son Guildford Holy Trinity Surrey Louise Timms 6 Worplesdon, Surrey, England Daughter Guildford Holy Trinity Surrey Maryann Timms 17 Worplesdon, Surrey, England Daughter Guildford Holy Trinity Surrey the only William of about the right ages is Elizabeth Grigg 44 West, Middlesex, England Wife St Margaret London John Grigg 44 West, Middlesex, England Head St Margaret London William Timms 4 Guildford, Surrey, England Nephew St Margaret London Charlotte Tinner 9 Guildford, Surrey, England Niece St Margaret London Do you have any siblings names for Alfred/William Jess

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Feb 2005 08:17

Elaine: Struggling with your William, actually i can't track down Matilda and the children either in the 1891 although you say they are in Brighton - are they mistranscribed? Jess

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Feb 2005 08:33

Jackie, when i found the other wrights, was their birth place given as Stockton-on-tees or was it a village name? He, like evryone one esle this morning, is evading me too! jess x

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Feb 2005 08:35

Carole, the fact that someone is listed as wife does suggest she has a husband somewhere. Where does Victor ford fit in? What might her husbands name have been? Jess

The Bag

The Bag Report 28 Feb 2005 08:40

Tracy cook Birtie Crumpler under 1 month Gosport, Hampshire, England Son Alverstoke Hampshire Eliza Crumpler 42 Gosport, Hampshire, England Wife Alverstoke Hampshire Elliot Crumpler 10 Gosport, Hampshire, England Son Alverstoke Hampshire Frederick Crumpler 9 Gosport, Hampshire, England Son Alverstoke Hampshire George Crumpler 41 Gosport, Hampshire, England Head Alverstoke Hampshire George Crumpler 14 Gosport, Hampshire, England Son Alverstoke Hampshire Joseph Crumpler 12 Gosport, Hampshire, England Son Alverstoke Hampshire Thomas Crumpler 6 Gosport, Hampshire, England Son Alverstoke Hampshire Source information: RG13/1009 Registration district: Alverstoke Sub-registration district: Alverstoke ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Folio: 13 Page: 17 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 104 Jess

Vivien

Vivien Report 28 Feb 2005 09:14

Hi Jess It does'nt help that a William Timms was born the same year and place as Alfred William Oulton Timms, all I have to go with is Sarah was Alfred's mother. Thanks again Vivien