Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contact ME For.....Can you delete Nudges /thanks E

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 13 Feb 2005 10:58

To some lesser or greater degree each of us on this site is an EXPERT in some thing to do with Resurching our ansestors. Be it just local knolage or a Millatery wizz kid. So Who would like to list the fields where they can help out and will not mind being contacted to help. If you would prefer contact to be just on site then put SITE If you do not mind and E-mail then put MAIL

Peter

Peter Report 13 Feb 2005 11:00

MAIL I can help with matters for Hants Some milatery knolage ( Ex-Army) Unsuel Facts or infomation Finding ODD and unusual sites lived in Germany 1971-75 (In Army)know a little german Have digitel Camara will uses localy or on visit. Have A-Z book on 700 UK villages. Will look up for info if its there And The wife thinks I'm a cocky know it all (ME!!!) Will have a go at IDing Photos (Aircraft, soliders, locale towns and Dateing it) Have new books on Southampton and on Hampshire towns

Ann

Ann Report 13 Feb 2005 11:01

Great idea Peter I am an expert in nothing at all so will be revisiting this thread for clues Ann

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 13 Feb 2005 11:03

Me too Anne.....better put the kettle on as looks like a long wait lol Gerri :o))

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 13 Feb 2005 11:05

some militray knowledge (mainly motor machine gun corps) South west lancashire (mainly merseyside nowadays) odd facts concerning the 1800's and some 1700's & 1900's ones liverpool churches

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Feb 2005 11:12

I hesitate to use the word 'expert', but I do have in my house various atlases, dictionaries and history books, including a fair bit on London. I know a bit about London suburbs in the north (Stoke Newington), west (Hillingdon) and south (Croydon) as well as Richmond, Surrey. If I can help, I will. Prefer requests on the boards because others who are more expert can help and also the info may be of use to other people, but e-mail is OK if it is a sensitive issue. I've also been to Family Records Centre, National Archives Kew, Richmond local history centre, Buckinghamshire studies centre and Cambridge records office so know a bit about them. nell

Stephen

Stephen Report 13 Feb 2005 13:24

Feel free to try me for: Genetic studies for Family History The London Family Records Centre Netherlands family history

Patricia

Patricia Report 13 Feb 2005 13:46

Modern day stuff about funerals, registration and certificates. Was a funeral employee until fairly recently.

Gaynor

Gaynor Report 13 Feb 2005 14:17

I think this is a great idea! I'm not an expert on Ancestry or anything, but i do know a lot about Ashford Kent and surrounding villages etc ie; pubs (old & new) schools, place names etc. Also my Nan, Knows allsorts about Gravesend & Northfleet, where she came from, and has loads of history books on the subject. Mail is probably best. All the best, Gaynor.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 13 Feb 2005 17:38

I'll try to help with Folkestone/Hythe area of Kent. I wasn't born here but will help with library lookups and parish registers held locally, and general local information.

Ciara

Ciara Report 13 Feb 2005 17:44

I know what you mean Anne! I am an expert on asking people for advice.

Ann

Ann Report 13 Feb 2005 18:43

Hi All Had to go to work but back now - can we try and keep this on or near the top of the board as this will catch the eye of people that have been out all day and maybe would like to add to it. Peter I wish I was an expert on where I live but have only been in North Yorks a short time maybe could help with place names in Essex but thats about all - I am very good at asking others for help though - in the nicest poss way and always say thank you Ann lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Feb 2005 18:48

Gaynor & Gwynneth My mum was born in Hythe! She lived in Cobden Road for a bit and then they moved all round Lyminge Green, Sellinge, Stowting, etc. She went to the girl's grammar school in Ashford - first girl from her village school to win a scholarship. nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Feb 2005 19:19

As Nell says, no expert BUT..... The geography of Lancashire & the Northwich/Knutsford/Chester side of Cheshire Regularly visit Manchester and Stockport Records Office if anything is needed Book listing Old Occupations and their meaning 1851/1861 Lancashire Census 1841/1861 Derbyshire Census Some parish transcripts and MI's for Derbyshire Modern day stuff surrounding Adoption and Social Services/Court Procedures (I'm both an Adoptee AND a court employee, was working for SS up to 2 years ago) And PLEASE call me Lou...I keep getting messages saying Hello Lancashire! Lou

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Feb 2005 21:13

I'm an expert. I got to know more and more about less and less - now I know everything about nothing .... Seriously, I'm a generalist ...

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 13 Feb 2005 21:19

Have a few history books on London. I have visited the Family Records Centre, London Metropolitan Archives, Westminster City Archives and I know quite a bit about living in London throughout the 18th and 19th century. Ben

Julie

Julie Report 13 Feb 2005 21:24

Again no expert but Ive plenty of books on Liverpool History, 5 books on history of pubs in Liverpool ( dad likes a drink), 1901 map of Everton, 1906 map of Kirkdale, Liverpool and a map of Liverpool dated around 1950.(will need area, as no street index) I also some info on social history from 1834 poor laws to 1950s (studying subject at college) Feel free to contact me direct Julie

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 13 Feb 2005 21:35

dear julie, could you possibly tell me in which part of lpool beaconsfield street toxteth park is dated 1915, i was born in toxteth park in 1964 as were my parents, but mum and dad dont remember the st love suexx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Feb 2005 21:43

Not an expert at all but have loads of FH books. Some books on Portsmouth,some on gloucester, i have Ancestral trails which is very comprehensive and loads of FH magazines. I was brought up in fareham so know a lot about it during the 50s/60s. Know a bit about the R Navy and can ask husband who is ex Fleet Air arm. I know about the Baptist church, as i said not an expert but have the info somewhere. Can also get to the local studies centre at Gloucester and am a member of Hampshire genealogical Society where the people are extremely helpful. Prefer MAIL please. ann Glos

Mad Alice

Mad Alice Report 13 Feb 2005 23:27

I am not an expert, but have a fairly good knowledge of Norwich and am willing to help people with information on Norfolk which could only be gained locally. Alice