General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Are you a Keeper?????

Page 2 + 1 of 3

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Huia

Huia Report 7 Jul 2008 21:24

Brenda, I can beat you re vacuum cleaners! When we married 49 yrs ago we bought a reconditioned vac. It played up last year so we finally replaced it with a new one. Our son took the old one as an historic/vintage/antique, dont think he plans to use it though (I think it could be dangerous). It was an old Tellus and we always thought of it as a Dalek, same shape. I didnt use it much as we dont have carpets, so broom is easier.
BTW, I am not looking for sympathy re my OH. I merely mention it to explain to people my rather erratic behaviour at times.
Huia who seems to be roughly the same vintage as Brenda.

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 7 Jul 2008 23:08

You certainly have beaten me with your Vacuum cleaners Huia.
I would say though that I had a 26 room seaside guest house in the 60's and 70's and my Hoover Senior did me proud and coped with all the sand that tramped into the house from the beach.
I replaced it with a Kirby about 9 years ago,and gave my old hoover,still working, to my eldest grandson when he moved into a flat.
I believe I am about the same vintage as you Huia,I am 73,but at times can feel 23,especially when like last week,I was on the beach flying kites with my younger grandchildren and 3 great granddaughters.I even managed to jump down from the high sea wall,but had to have a leg up from my son,as that was a bit too much.
I am very lucky to keep as well as I do to look after OH especially as I had cancer in my teens,and my mum was told I wouldn't ever have to work hard.Not done so bad so far!!!
Brenda x

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 9 Jul 2008 03:20

Island, that's the way threads go sometimes, they wander off the initial path but no need to be so unpleasant about it, it wasn't your thread to get shirty about and I haven't seen Brenda make a fuss.
Lizx