General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I feel hurt

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mrs.  Blue Eyes

Mrs. Blue Eyes Report 16 Jul 2008 20:06

and I know I'm probably being silly, but we (me and my 2 sisters)had arranged to go with my mother to buy her "mother of the bride" outfit, we'd arranged a day out in August when we'd all go together and make a day of it.
I get a text from my youngest sister today, "we've been shopping and bought mum a lovely outfit etc etc, we can still go out and have a lunch if you like", so I phoned her and said "I thought we were all going out together?" my mum had gone down to see my sister and they had gone out shopping together on their own.
They said "we didn't plan it", but mum always phones me about 1/2 an hour before she leaves to see my sister, she didn't, in fact she didn't even say she was going.
My other sister let it slip she knew about it a couple of days ago, that youngest sister was going to take mum shopping.

As I say I know it's silly but I really do feel hurt..

Funny Fairy

Funny Fairy Report 16 Jul 2008 20:09

awww (((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))) dont know wat to say lovey dont blame u for bein upset tho i think i would be too xxsara

chrisa

chrisa Report 16 Jul 2008 20:11

I would be upset too. If me & my sisters had agreed to do something with our mam & I found out one of them had gone on their own with her instead i'd be hurt.

jgee

jgee Report 16 Jul 2008 20:12

aw blue know how you feel it wasnt nice if it was arrange couple of days ago, have you ask them why hun. dont think its silly i would have felt the same ,

Jane

Jane Report 16 Jul 2008 20:12

At least you don't have to tramp round the shops looking for clothes for someone else .Just take a deep breath.(is this your wedding)If so maybe they want it to be a surprise.

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 16 Jul 2008 20:13

They probably went shopping as planned and just happened to see the perfect outfit for her................I do understand you feeling hurt though:(

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 16 Jul 2008 20:19

Not silly at all
I would be as mad as hell
not just hurt
Jenxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Jul 2008 20:22

Gerald, that sounds patronising to me! Not helpful at all.

Blue eyes. sounds as if they were both guilty of being thoughtless. But maybe your Mum want to surprise you. I can understand you feeling hurt, i would too, but not worth spoiling the run up to the wedding over. Try and put it behind you.

Did you sort the photo situation out in the end, I have been away for a few days and may have missed it?

Ann
Glos

Mrs.  Blue Eyes

Mrs. Blue Eyes Report 16 Jul 2008 20:38

Thanks guys, the original day was planned a couple of months ago, it was sort of a special run up to wedding day out, you know me, my mum and sisters shopping, lunch, shopping, evening meal a big day out together.
It couldn't have been a case of them shopping together and accidently finding something, my sister never takes mum shopping, I'm afraid she does think she and only she has any taste.

It won't spoil my wedding nothing could do that I'm marrying my lifetime love and father of my lovely boys..

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Jul 2008 20:41

My youngest wanted me and her sister to go to a Wedding Dress Fair to look at the dresses. Her sister happened to be moving that weekend. Youngest & I went - not expecting to actually buy anything - and she fell in love with a dress!!
She had to buy it because she may never see another one like it!! Perhaps that's what happened with your mother.
I nearly bought a mother of the bride outfit too- but daughter wasn't sure what colour green she's putting with the pink on the bridesmaids dresses - her fiance will have to wear a waistcoat the same colour and he's fussy about green (he's already vetoed some lovely dresses we saw in Monsoon)!!
Actually we decided at the Fair - it will be eau de nil.

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 16 Jul 2008 20:52

Hiya; I was thinking the same as Maggie. But I can understand why you feel like you do.

Now, about our outfits, and hats ........... lol
x

Mrs.  Blue Eyes

Mrs. Blue Eyes Report 16 Jul 2008 20:58

I maybe would have thought that, if I hadn't seen them both over the weekend and even though we'd talked about August and the day out, they hadn't even mentioned going out today.

Guess the wedding dress will be a "surprise" too not that mum has shown any real interest, if I asked her she wouldn't know if I'd bought one or not.

Mrs.  Blue Eyes

Mrs. Blue Eyes Report 16 Jul 2008 21:00

Apology accepted, sometimes things written don't always come across as intended.

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 16 Jul 2008 21:02

Gerald - I didn't see your first posting, but it takes guts to apologise in public. :-))

Blue - you just concentrate on you and your lovely hubby-to-be; you don't need more stress. If your mum isn't interested in your dress, WE are!
Take care, you.
x

Mrs.  Blue Eyes

Mrs. Blue Eyes Report 16 Jul 2008 21:07

Maybe I ought to have a vote BB style I put photos on my facebooks of dresses I like and you can vote them off.
OMG what would I end up wearing? xx

Jane

Jane Report 16 Jul 2008 21:08

Well done Gerald for deleting I have to say it did come across as being not quite the right thing to say.
Yes Blue it's your day ,B****r what anyone else is wearing even if it is your mum.It is your day,just think about you

tigerlilly

tigerlilly Report 16 Jul 2008 21:20

sorry to hear that blue its not nice at all
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))xxxxxx

Sally Moonchild

Sally Moonchild Report 16 Jul 2008 21:23

That is a pity Blue Eyes, I can understand how you feel.......it is awful to feel sidelined by family.....

I agree with Ann, I bet they didn't even realise how thoughtless they were being, and would feel miserable if they realised they had hurt you.....

....just read it again, and realised that one sister is saying it is a spur of the moment thing, and the other is saying it was arranged a couple of days prior........yes, that would hurt me too.....

Sharon

Sharon Report 16 Jul 2008 23:35

its natural to feel that way you were disapointed . awww why not plan a speciel day together x

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Jul 2008 00:07

Blue Eyes - carrying on from my not getting my outfit - make sure your mums matches the bridesmaids dresses .........
Or she may have to get another outfit - to your liking!!!!!!

maggie