General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Everyone coping with this heat?Or Not!!!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 27 Jul 2008 15:31

I can't stand it today,and I have got my doors shut because a racing pidgeon decided to stun itself on the summerhouse .I have a dog who would probably go for it.It is so tame ,has eaten rice from my hand and walked in through patio door.Hence them being shut now.Apparantly it could stay for a couple of days until it is ready to carry on it's journey.
Trouble is ,how do I let it rest peacefully and still have to let dog out!!!!!!!!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Jul 2008 15:52

well don't know how hot it is here in Cardiff but must be well up in the eighties

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 27 Jul 2008 16:03

Cool day today here, but very humid, 36C and 75% humidity, rather be in Dubai, 40C and 26% humidity.

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 27 Jul 2008 16:05

So Hot in New Quay car parks over flowing people every where silly peeps look like Lobster they'll be sorry tomorrow I'm staying indoors today
Jenxx

Jane

Jane Report 27 Jul 2008 16:31

I can't move away from the fan,have even put small fan on the floor for the dog!Don't think I will sleep in same bed as OH tonight,will go to spare one as it will be cooler.Will take big fan with me!!

Harpstrings

Harpstrings Report 27 Jul 2008 16:57

I am keeping cool by staying in my nightie - very unbecoming but I dont care! LOL

As for the racing pigeon, have you rang up the pigeon club - they will arrange to have the bird collected usually the same day.

We had a racing pigeon come into our garden and managed to catch and it gave them the serial number. It must have been valuable as a courier came a couple of hours later. :)

Tina x

NDD

NDD Report 27 Jul 2008 17:03

We need some SNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ann

ann Report 27 Jul 2008 17:08

We have had a downpour here and looks like there is a storm brewing.Still no air though.Got all doors and windows open Annie

Mrs.  Blue Eyes

Mrs. Blue Eyes Report 27 Jul 2008 18:00

Where are you Grannie?
sat indoors front and back doors open nice cool breeze.
28.5c/83f outside, tis humid though

ann

ann Report 27 Jul 2008 18:07

Blue eyes i am in Harlow Essex.Still overcast but no storm yet. Annie

Julie

Julie Report 27 Jul 2008 18:10

Show 82f in my house, but must admit i love it when its warm

Alko

Alko Report 27 Jul 2008 18:16

Very hot here and stuffy. Needs to thunder to clear the air i think, like the heat when the sun is shinning.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 27 Jul 2008 18:18

Not.....!

Just to humid for me. Interestingly we have my sons girlfriend staying with us over the summer recess from Uni and even she complained about the heat.

She is originally from Shanghai where the temperatures are regularly above 30c at this time of year.

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 27 Jul 2008 18:19

Bedroom thermometer shows 122f but sun has been on it all afternoon, living room slightly cooler with three fans going full blast 82f....love the heat but not the humidity.
Town was full of shirtless bodybuilders all afternoon forearms the size of my thighs made me feel quite inadequate although oh seemed quite impressed

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 27 Jul 2008 18:22

I love the warm weather
as long as i can just sit and
do nothing........lol:))))))))
dont like the cold and wind .....
i cant breathe when it's a cold wind
Hazelx

Eeyore13

Eeyore13 Report 27 Jul 2008 18:27

Hot in South Shropshire.
Too hot for me & the dog is zonked out.

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 27 Jul 2008 18:28

I've been out in the garden most of the day.........I love the sunshine and warmth........I've just had the hose out watering my garden and even taken some snaps , I'm pleased to see it looking nice and tidy.

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 27 Jul 2008 18:47

I do not like the hot and humid weather. I have stayed inside with windows and doors open and curtains closed. I have had the fan on and laid on the sofa .... still too hot !!!

It is now overcast here and 'heavy'. A storm would clear the air but s#ds law we won't get one.

Viv

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 27 Jul 2008 18:55

Um...what heat? LOL it was half two when I got up, but haven't opened the curtains even. Actually seems cool enough inside that I considered putting the heating on LOL. Oh dear...I'm curious now about how warm it's been.

ETA: According to BBC Weather it was a max of 18c here today but tomorrow will be up to 24c...I knew I should have been and got my legs waxed last week LOL.

Jane

Jane Report 27 Jul 2008 18:55

So It's not just me then! The dog has just about mustered up enough energy to go for a wee.I'm too dehydrated to need one!!!!!
The fan is a large free standing one2 feet away from me and it will be with me all night in the spare bedroom ,as I can't bear the thought of another uncomfortable one sharing bed