General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sick Of MP's Expenses and Their Lies

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 15 May 2009 20:47

If like me you are Sick Of MP's Expenses and Their Lies Boycott the next election. I think its the only thing we can do. There are expenses and there are ridiculour expenses - something has to be done ....

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 15 May 2009 20:53

I've been thinking of not voting this time.........but I think you need to turn up , get your ballot paper then just don't vote on it........that way the " message " can't be " spun " into a " the voter couldn't be bothered " thing.

Mark

Mark Report 15 May 2009 20:54

Rip it up infront of the Media

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 15 May 2009 20:58

My niece works for a M.P. as her P.A. -keep wondering what she`s claimed for but she is in a wheelchair so needs assisstance !

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 15 May 2009 21:42

l agree with turning up but NOT voting, there is no way l want anyone in for the euro bull s--t, they have made the situation bad enough without all the lies and deceit re the Expenses (please excuse the language).
They all just leave me dumbfounded, exasperated, sickened, angry....you name it l feel it !!
l will probably write a BIG X` or tear it up in front of the poor man behind the desk.
We have to do something, l've been out this evening and we talked about this very subject....the thing with most of us brits is that we say all these things and then don't do anything and l am one of those, well this time l'm not sitting back, the whole thing is a disgrace!!!!

jude :o((

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 15 May 2009 22:03

If everyone turned up to vote and picked none of the names on the ballot paper, the returning officer would have to put their names into a hat and whoever's name was drawn would be elected for that constituency.

If this happened the length and breadth of the country then as I understand it, it would have to go before the Queen who would decide which party would be asked to form a government.

That would not necessarily mean those who had the largest number of members elected but who could maintain stability. I think something like this happened during WW2 when a coalition government was formed.

I know someone out there will correct me if I've got it wrong.

Aileen xxx

Martin

Martin Report 15 May 2009 22:31

I will vote for the party with the biggest Kill ratio.

Tories are lining up the sacrifice, Labour following, eventually the Lib Dems have started shooting their own.

I certainly wouldn't refuse to vote.

I'll be voting for the best kill ratio, with added points for seniority, press coverage, style, and exposed sleaze.

Dermot

Dermot Report 15 May 2009 22:34

Vote for insanity. You know it makes sense.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 15 May 2009 22:44

It is wrong not to vote - just think who would be the worst possible party to get a seat (in your opinion) and then vote accordingly to keep them out.

They will have to sort this horrendous crime (and it is) so from now on they will be afraid to claim for printer ink.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 May 2009 23:46

I always vote - even if I put 3 'X's and spoil my vote - which - if the monster raving loony party isn't around, is what I'll probably do this time - with the addition of the word 'Parasites' over my paper!

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 15 May 2009 23:58

Start a new People Power Party
get rid of the current farty
You know that big bloke
the one thats a joke
Let the People Power Party Rule

Nellie123

Nellie123 Report 16 May 2009 00:43

i think they should be charged with fraud wither they pay the money back or not , and sacked form their position in the house of commons , these are people that are supposed to be looking after this country and setting an example (some example) there are people in prison for less

helen

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 16 May 2009 00:44

I agree

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 16 May 2009 00:51

name and shame the lot of them - prosecute them all for fraud, sack them all and ban them for ever being in government again

They have shown this country up big style - we always thought this sort of this happened in the USA but oh boy, our lot could teach them a thing or two - what a thieving, grabbing, lying, two faced load of b------s they are

Kay????

Kay???? Report 16 May 2009 08:53

Its a bag of disgrace these are profiteers who should hang their heads in shame and step down.

With their pathtic excuses,,,,,an *oversight* I think most would question where extra ££££££s had come from in our bank accounts.

And to think that poorer people have been forced into using their megre hard earned savings to pay for life saving medical care,sell their homes to go into care,do without basic heat/food and a whole host of other stuff.

Rogues the lot of them.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 May 2009 09:35

Seen the atest?
Tam Dalyell tried to claim £18000 for book cases 2 months before he retired! He 'Didn't want shoddy ones, he wanted good ones'.
He said he had to move all his stuff from his London office and needed somewhere to put it.
Eventually he was given £7800 towards thie 'necessity'/

Five months after standing down at the 2005 General Election, Mr Dalyell also claimed £400 for phone calls and letters 'relating to those who still think I'm their MP', it was claimed.

One assumes if these people thought he was still their MP, they phoned /wrote to him.
Has no-one told him that if someone phones you - THEY pay for the call!!!
I know postage has gone up - but surely not THAT much!

Dermot

Dermot Report 16 May 2009 09:48

Don't believe for an instant that this is the only country involved in underhand dealings. Have a look over the Irish sea where similar 'money laundering' enquiries have been going on for years.

Two things are infinite - the universe & MPs' stupidity - but there is some doubt about the universe.

PS. No fresh news about the swine-flu pandemic lately.

Haydn

Haydn Report 16 May 2009 10:44

bring back guy fawkes

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 16 May 2009 10:45

Well David Cameron is on Facebook, and he must have got the message from the people who have written in regarding this.

I did write and say that 'I hope all those MP's who have their snouts in the trough, can look the widows , orphans,partners and parents, of the military that have been killed, in Iraq and Afganistan,in the eye.
Because the expenses they were claiming would have been far better spent giving our boys and girls out there the proper equipment.

Not that I agreed with invading Iraq, and surely a solution could be found regarding Afganistan, whereby the poppy harvest could be bought by this country for the medical profession,or is there some other fat cats with their fingers in the pie in the chemical industry'.

Mo

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 16 May 2009 12:37

At our last local elections there were only 3 candidates to choose from...one from each of the main parties. I took great delight in crossing through my ballot paper and writing ''no suitable candidate for me to vote for.' I know it just went down as a spoilt ballot paper but I got a lot of satisfaction :)

I believe it should be compulsory to attend the polling station.

I shall vote Green in the European elections and hope that they will carry out their policies if they ever get into a position of power.

Jean.