General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 2 + 1 of 1472

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

YG

YG Report 4 Dec 2009 21:41

Hello JeniWren. Everyone has gone awol tonight.

You must get in the queue to get your botty stamped. It really is quite painless .................................... well, almost !!

You will need to ask Pauline about the flag as she is the artist amongst us.

Aunty and LG are still waiting for a reply from GR about the whooshed thread. Don't hold your breath! It's disappeared into cyber space.

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 4 Dec 2009 21:54

line up bottoms at the ready stamp ,stamp ,stamp , nellie has offered her foot is rather large lol

YG

YG Report 4 Dec 2009 22:29

Must leave you now little thread, but I suspect you will grow bigger and stronger and be undefeatable.

Nite nite to all Nut Lodgers!!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 5 Dec 2009 04:01

Morning all, I keep coughing so much I can't sleep so I sit here updating visitors book and seeing what you lot have been up to while I am in my sickbed snoozing LOL.
Greetings Pauline,Crystal Tips,Rita and of course the rest of you rabble LOL.

Lovely flag Pauline but I can't see and sign of my requested shield.
Thanks to Nellie for doing stamping duties LOL.
Emily sounds to be getting on well Crystal Tips. My Emily is now almost 3 weeks old,doesn'a time fly.

CrystalTips

CrystalTips Report 5 Dec 2009 06:39

good morning LG, I can sympathise with you on the disturbed night's sleep due to coughing. I had just got back to sleep when Emily woke up (she is here overnight as her mum and dad are both ill too) She was fed and changed, went back to sleep, and I've done exactly the same as when my two were babies - stayed up and started pottering about doing things. Can't make too much noise though 'cause other daughter who tends to be nocturnal fell asleep on the settee about 6 o' clock.

Time has flown by, it certainly doesn't seem like three weeks since your Emily was born!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 5 Dec 2009 07:33

I have not had our Emily overnight yet but often had Ava. They are both great little girls Ava goes off to bed at 7.30pm and gets up at 8.30 am and Emily only wakes up for 1 feed at about 2am and then nothing until about 7.30. Boy is my daughter lucky.
Lot of illness about at the moment,just ready for Xmas of course LOL. I am going to start pottering in a minute but need caffeinne fix first.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 5 Dec 2009 08:12

LOL Rita, I don't believe it is bigger than mine. Good morning and welcome

Pauline $(*-*)$

Pauline $(*-*)$ Report 5 Dec 2009 08:47

Morning all.

I think we need to have a hospital wing on the lodge for all these sick people. It's hard to type while holding a mask over my face in case I catch any germs.

LOL Rita, that flag doesn't look anything like you, it looks a bit like Spot (Aunty's cyber pet) though.

LG, I could have sworn I put a shield on it, must have fell off, or Spot ate it.

Jean, you need to put your number lock on and use the Alt key to get some of the symbols.

Alt key and 168 = ¿

AuntySherlock

AuntySherlock Report 5 Dec 2009 09:15

Hi All. Let me see.

Can not find your biscuits over here. Spent quite a while traipsing up and down the biccy aisle peering carefully at all on offer. Nope nothing fits the description.

GR has not replied and I really don't expect them to much before Tuesday. It is a really important investigation and they need to take great care with the detail and .........and why are you all laughing, stop it!! Stamps foot.

Oh I thought that was a Nutter on the flag. Sort of a caricature of all of us. Not Spot he's fiercer than that, even on three legs.

I have put my Christmas Pudding on Crispen's Christmas Pudding thread. They were bemoaning the fact they couldn't find a good pudding so I decided to share. Well my pudding is the best so what else was I to do!!!!!

DET. I have the temporary thread. No don't ask. It is another long story which required an out of hours trip to work, again.

I will put it back up on General Topics for a day or two. That way we can have another party when we whoosh it again. What a brilliant idea.

Whoops nearly forgot, botty stamping. What do we have on the stamp. "Nut Lodge Approved" or " Resident of Nut Lodge" etc etc.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 5 Dec 2009 09:29

How about Nutty as a fruitcake for stamp LOL. I am and proud of it.

Morning all

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 5 Dec 2009 09:38

lol the stamp says sucker lol
morning all am getting my act together slowly washing, animals, put all my cards and lists on dining table to begin today
frog is over later he is helping me sort out cables scart leads etc because gizmo keeps pulling them out ,he has broke my old tv stand and have a new one to make too so that is todays work

AuntySherlock

AuntySherlock Report 5 Dec 2009 09:43

OK Temporary Thread is restored to General Topics. Should cause a bit of a stir.

Let me know when you have had a read and I will whoosh it again. Yes with my mouth crammed full of virtual chocolates and washed down with virtual champagne.

Botty stamping wording could be flexible. Not sure if I want sucker stamped on my bot. Something more refined like "HRH resident of Nut Lodge, sweetest place in all virtuality" suits me better. But if it says sucker, then sucker it is!!

Jeniwren

Jeniwren Report 5 Dec 2009 09:48

Morning all, some of you seem to have been up very early, makes me feel rather lazy. Hope you all have a great weekend, I'm off to Wetherby to the races.
Jean xx

Pauline $(*-*)$

Pauline $(*-*)$ Report 5 Dec 2009 10:02

Hope it doesn't rain Jean, have a good day and don't lose all you money.

I've read it now Aunty, I've caught up now thank you.

Not too keen on the word sucker being on the stamp, someone might think it's instructions!

Aunty I thought the colours for the flag had already been picked, I'll let someone else paint them on.

If Maz is still with the same frog next month I'd better get started on a wedding cake.

AuntySherlock

AuntySherlock Report 5 Dec 2009 10:19

Colours for the flag. Don't think it has been discussed. Shoooosh LG. Don't need anything green or red or white. That takes care of Christmas and Arsenal. We could do a rainbow. That way we'd all have the colour we liked best.

YG

YG Report 5 Dec 2009 10:28

Good idea Aunty! I like rainbows.

Pauline, get that wedding cake started. LG and I are busy designing our outfits and planning our overnight accommodation (preferably somewhere near a fire station lol!!)

LG it's time you shook off those germs, but please do not send them up norf!!

Pauline $(*-*)$

Pauline $(*-*)$ Report 5 Dec 2009 11:08

..........__________
..........|| .Arsenal ..||
..........||..═(☼)══ ||
...........\\ .ʎ...........//
.............\\...........//
................\------/

Does that look anything like a cannon in the middle LG?

Couldn't get the shape of the badge right.

Pauline $(*-*)$

Pauline $(*-*)$ Report 5 Dec 2009 11:11

YG, I hope Maz isn't in a hurry for the cake.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Dec 2009 11:49

You are soooo talented Pauline - shields, flags and now wedding cakes!

I've read the temp thread Aunty, thanks for the temporary reinstatement.

Wunderwuman

Wunderwuman Report 5 Dec 2009 11:50

*Peeks round the door*.............

Ohh, Luv what you've done with the place, so more upmarket than the last one - somebodies been to Ikea, I see, very tasteful!
:0)

Angie xx

(hope your all well, sorry i haven't popped round for a while, will try to make more time for you all)

Yeah I heard you groaning, NO point in hiding, you know I'll find you!!!! lol