General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What is for dinner??

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jan 2010 14:34

We are having lamb chump chops cooked in the slow cooker with chick peas and mushrooms and for the gravy half a jar of cook in mushroom sauce plus a can of vegetable and lentil soup, This will be served with charlotte potatoes, green beans and baked suet pudding. (like crispy dumplings.)

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 7 Jan 2010 14:39

*takes packet out of fridge. I am having....'steak and mushroom pie with luxury mash' plus carrots and green beans. Am trying out the new M & S 'Fuller Longer' stuff...

*dribbles piteously.....but yours sounds lovely:-) BC XX

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jan 2010 15:05

We will be having whatever I pput together when I get down there and I am really not rushing.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 7 Jan 2010 15:13

were having good old, sausage egg, chips and beans courtosy of the butler lol

poped in ont he way home from school n hes offered to cook lolol

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 7 Jan 2010 15:16

Chinese pork with ginger, garlic, peppers, mushrooms onion and carrot.... with egg noodles...... followed by as many pots of yoghurt as we can eat (those special creamy ones) cos they are out of date tomorrow, lolol... I have a bit of stilton, and some red leicester that I can have instead.

For lunch I had home made dahl, with boiled rice and a dollop of Greek yoghurt. We have run out of bread...... fortunately, we have an A**a just a short walk away, so R is off there in a mo to replenish some of the supplies...... the road is very icy, though...... he should have gone an hour ago, it was slushing up then, but the temp is dropping now... why do they not listen???

I think the real reason for going is a lack of smoking materials, lol.... we could manage without bread! I have home made pizza dough in the freezer, and flour, yeast etc in the cupboard, but they can't manage without a cigarette.

I shall have a tumbler of sherry so I shall be too giggly to worry about him... he still thinks he is at the height of his fitness and a ruffy tuffy soljer, lolol

Love

Daff xxxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jan 2010 15:29

Do tell him to be careful Daff, you do not need any broken limbs!!!

T has now found the car which was under snow for two days and, if the temp rises PM tomorrow as promised we will nip out to the shop for supplies. Luckily we don't need smoking materials. Point out to them Daff, an ideal time to give up!!!! No, perhaps you'd better not!

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 7 Jan 2010 15:32

Rest of lamb stew i made yesterday in my slow cooker,

Had some for lunch as well.

Hazelx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Jan 2010 15:33

As I'm working from home, I've just put on a chicken to roast.
having the oven on will warm the kitchen up too!

*I really am working - just having a tea break!!*

CatieI

CatieI Report 7 Jan 2010 15:35

The slow cooker is now on the go :) Pork is cooking with onions, tin toms, green pepper and sliced mushrooms. Will serve it with rice.

Catie x

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 7 Jan 2010 15:39

If I pointed to them, Ann, I'd likely be missing a digit or two, lololol......

The silver car had started to have melted snow sliding off.... but the other is further up and doesn't get any sun, well, not until about now, lol, so is still shimmering and glittering like an over-sized Christmas tree bauble, lolol....

I am hoping all is ok tomorrow... we have to go to Cardiff, but won't risk it if it is still slippery.... the bin men came, earlier, but the recycling men haven't been yet, the trains seem to be running... we live a short distance away from the main London/Swansea line..... and the postie came as well.... so it must be a bit better than yesterday.

Love

Daff xxxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jan 2010 15:43

I do have some spuds in baking now but don't know what we will have with them.

JustJean

JustJean Report 7 Jan 2010 15:50

we are having ham and jackets with various veg, I have the ham in the slow cooker with apple juice it smells wonderful. hope it tastes as good as it looks....
Jean x

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 7 Jan 2010 16:03

Looks like the old slow cookers are doing well.

Its what to have after dinner thats hot but not to high in fats if you are on a diet,

Hazelx

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 7 Jan 2010 16:15

We are going to have toad in the hole
mashed potatoes , cauliflower, carrots .and peas
for afters we are having viennetta
Hazelx

R.B.

R.B. Report 7 Jan 2010 16:39

Fish pie followed by Chocolate sponge and custard..............daughter is doing the cooking.

xxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jan 2010 16:45

Well, I found a tin of custard at the back of the cupboard and some stewed apple in the freezer so that is what we will have after!!!

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 7 Jan 2010 16:46

Spag bolls for us tonight. Glad I am not the only one who loves slow cookers - as I have said many times could not do without mine.
Love Mary xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jan 2010 16:46

Some nice warming meals on here.

We had fish pie yesterday RB (haddock and prawns), very tasty.

Annina

Annina Report 7 Jan 2010 16:47

Found some bbq spareribs in the freezer, Threw them into a casserole dish with some veg and a jar of ready made italian sauce.

Do not know or care what it tastes like,but it smells good.

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 7 Jan 2010 16:51

Ooops.... posted my change of menu on the wrong thread, lol.... minor catastrophe... pork not defrosted, so we are having home made pizza. with the
three cheeses.... interesting combination, lol... plus bombay potatoes and a cucumber garlic and yoghurt dip... then the yoghurts after and lots of alcohol left!! :¬))

Love

Daff xxxx