General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What did you buy in your youth that you

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Jan 2010 23:56

wouldn't dream of wearing now?

For some reason I just remembered a green hat I bought when I was about 18, all maribou feathers lolol...it itched like hell :)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 30 Jan 2010 23:59

oh a big red floppy hat bought in Carneby St,,,at the time though I loved it,,,,,,,,thought I was Cher's double........:}}}}}}and hot pants,,,,god what ever I looked like in them gawd only knows,,,,,,,ha ha,,,,,,,

Uggers

Uggers Report 31 Jan 2010 00:01

Nothing I dont think but then Im still in it.

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 31 Jan 2010 00:01

A Purple stripey tank top....*blushes at thought*

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 31 Jan 2010 00:02

mini skirts....I brought a dress for NYE 1990 wasnt a youth but was still young even though I had the boys...its had black shiffon leg of lamb sleaves a V neck the bit that cover my boobs was black velour then from under the bottom of my bra till my hips was black shiffon then black velour skirt to mid theigh....I loved that dress ...

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 31 Jan 2010 00:02

Well - at the stroke of midnight this thread went very weird!!

As I was saying ... I had a pair of pink platform shoes that I don't think I could wear let alone want to wear!

Jill

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Jan 2010 00:04

I had hot pants Kay, blue ones... I used to ride my bike in them... I had longer legs then lol :)

Yes, yes, Uggers we know you are younger than all of us...don't rub it in ;)

I had a pair of electric-blue boots :) I would still wear those if i had them now lol

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 31 Jan 2010 00:04

Jill, went weird for me too, and clearly Uggers has double posted...methinks 'they' are up to something....

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Jan 2010 00:07

I had pink platforms Jill! I wore them to the Gateway club in Chester, Russ Abbott and the Black Abbotts were on, and friend and I were upstairs in the gallery ...I fell down a step, got up and fell down again lol, everyone thought I was drunk, but the shoe had broken the first time... I went home with my ankle twice it's normal size...happy days lol.

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Jan 2010 00:08

Me also , I was trying to reply and it came up as "your query is taking too long...."

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 31 Jan 2010 00:08

**mutters **....the last night Uggers saw his youth the Rubettes were in the charts

Uggers

Uggers Report 31 Jan 2010 00:09

Who?

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 31 Jan 2010 00:10

Hmmmmm

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Jan 2010 00:10

all together "Sugar baby love, sugar baby love..."

Uggers

Uggers Report 31 Jan 2010 00:11

Oh I do know that song. My nan had it from when she was young.

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 31 Jan 2010 00:11

at a guess 1974

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Jan 2010 00:11

not speaking to you any more :(

Kay????

Kay???? Report 31 Jan 2010 00:13

Rose I had all sort or colours,,,,,and I had a white calf lenght mac it was plastic coated and I must have looked like a gangsters mole,,,,,,,,:}}}}}}}}

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Jan 2010 00:16

My favourite outfit ( coincidentally the same years as 'Sugar Baby love lol) was a green skirt, orange blouse with huge sleeves, quite 'piratey' , and a long short sleeved striped cardi/waistcoat thingy :))

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Jan 2010 00:18

lol Kay, fun though wasn't it?...

and I loved my long blue denim (ish) skirt, halter neck top and big straw hat :)