General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DO YOU READ IN BED

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 5 Nov 2012 15:24

Have you properly realised how cold it is to sit in bed at night and read. I flippin' have.
Do you belong to an 'older' age group, so feel this cold. Yes, and yes.
Do you wear a befitting garment for this pastime. No
Am I too old for a bed jacket. Jury still out on this.

So, I'm going to crochet meself a suitable garment, and wo betide anybody that says it is a bedjacket. So there.

Julia in Derbyshire

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 5 Nov 2012 15:27

Julia, my electric blanket warms up the bed and my flat is quite warm so I only wear my black negligee...you know the ones with the red tassels? :-D :-D :-D <3

oh yes I always read in bed...gets me to sleep!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Nov 2012 15:40

Yes I read in bed but lying down under the covers, only read for about 10 minutes though or I get sighs from next to me!!

Julia call it a poncho!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Nov 2012 15:43

I lie in bed to read, with the duvet half over my head.
But know it's cold as I have to expose my arm to turn the lamp off!!

I can't abide wearing anything in bed - though must admit to wearint pyjamas on holiday - especially when camping. ;-)

I must move around a lot, cos if I wear anything, I get woken up by pyjamas/nightie being twisted round/half strangling me.

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 5 Nov 2012 15:44

" DO YOU READ IN BED "

Funny you should mention that Jules.

Last night I was doing just that, and the the wife`s sister turned to me and said , "do you have to, I`m trying to get to sleep now".

:-D :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Nov 2012 15:44

I read my Kindle in bed - bed warmed by electric blanket - wearing fleecy pyjamas and bed socks - suffer from cold feet - and I bought one of those v-shaped pillows that sort of wraps around you for reading

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 5 Nov 2012 15:48

apparently one should get into bed and then put ones handies into your d.gown'

keeps nice and warm and finish reading - slip handies out of d,gown sleeves

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Nov 2012 15:51

spose you could always wear gloves and a bobble hat too!!!!

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 5 Nov 2012 15:52

yes i read in bed every night :-D

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 5 Nov 2012 15:56

Read in bed every night for at least 2 hours and our flat is so warm we have only had the heating on a couple of times in the last few months.

Island

Island Report 5 Nov 2012 16:16

Too old for a bed jacket? I wouldn't think so Julia :-S :-S :-D :-D

I think Jimbob's had a winter warmer in his cuppa as well LOL :-D :-D

Julia

Julia Report 5 Nov 2012 16:36

Well Island, that pattern I sent you, and you said it was too 'bedjackety', I made five for the children, but embroidered them up. They look lovely as cardigans/jackets.
It goes up to adults, and is so easy and quick. Might give it a go, in suitable boodwah colours. LOLOL
Jumbob's certainly had a winter warmer somewhere. LOLOL

JUlia in Derbyshire

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Nov 2012 17:02

So cold you are stuttering Julia :-D :-D

Julia

Julia Report 5 Nov 2012 17:04

Ann, I'm having all sorts of probs., today LOLOL

Julia in Derbyshire

Island

Island Report 5 Nov 2012 17:09

Boodwah colours eh? Just don't consult BC on this LOL :-D :-D :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 5 Nov 2012 18:19

yes and now end up with one freezing hand,,,,,may resort to wearing a glove...... :-D :-D...

BC,,,,,,,,you need to be wearing flannel,,,think of your chest...... :-D

Julia

Julia Report 5 Nov 2012 18:23

I may make bedsocks to match, and after reading Kay's post, fingerless gloves
(so as I can turn me pages over).

Julia in Derbyshire

Jane

Jane Report 5 Nov 2012 20:02

I read in bed every night and sometimes in the middle of the night.Someone mentioned shoving arms in dressing gown sleeves.I do that if it is really chilly.Now I have a Kind** it is easier than holding a book and turning pages.I have a light on the `kindl* so I don't disturb OH too much(although he still has a moan ) I just give him a gentle kick and say"Turn Over" ....He does as he is told
:-D

George

George Report 5 Nov 2012 21:01

Why don't you just put the heating on in the bedroom if your cold.?

George :-)

GinN

GinN Report 5 Nov 2012 21:19

Blimey! It hasn't turned really cold yet! Well, not in Norfolk, anyway, still have the window open at night , use a 4.5 tog quilt, and sleep in the altogether. Have been known to close the window when it gets below minus 4c, but the cat doesn't like it. I also read a lot in bed, but never a Kindle, not for a retired librarian!

LYNDA :-P