General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Obama v Romley results state-by-state

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 7 Nov 2012 01:26

Candidates need 270 electoral votes to win

Obama v Romley

Results state-by-state so far

Obama = 64
Romley = 82

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 7 Nov 2012 01:34

Obama = 64
Romley = 88

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Nov 2012 07:50

11:00 pm Canada, ca 7:00 am UK

Obama = 303
Romney = 203

Romney delayed conceding defeat fro well over an hour ............... advisors were telling him NOT to concede!

Eventually he did phone Obama to congratulate, then gave what I thought was a very weak speech that lasted less than 5 minutes ................ even though he did call for people to work together.

Obama gave a fantastic speech! He's one of the best orators around!

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 7 Nov 2012 08:11

Delighted to see result this morning. What a class act the Obama's are :-D :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 7 Nov 2012 08:29

Donald Trump’s on Twitter after Obama win: ‘We should march on Washington and stop this’ Personally, I would much prefer Trump marched on Hawaii.

Obama and Romney needed 270 to win. Obama now has 303 (Sylvia confimed that 90 minutes ago) with only Florida to declare.

So glad it wasn't down to Florida again ;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Nov 2012 08:31

:-D :-D :-D

Lee

Lee Report 7 Nov 2012 08:38

Yep sure is a class act, yeah right...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYJ3SKwaKg8

Lee

Lee Report 7 Nov 2012 08:45

Link above .....To The Resulute desk

The Resulute Desk. Wikipedia...

President Barack Obama sitting at the Resolute desk in 2009.
The Resolute desk is a large, nineteenth-century partners' desk often chosen by presidents of the United States for use in the White House Oval Office as the Oval Office desk. It was a gift from Queen Victoria to President Rutherford B. Hayes in 1880 and was built from the timbers of the British Arctic Exploration ship Resolute. Many presidents since Hayes have used the desk at various locations in the White House, but it was Jackie Kennedy who first brought the desk into the Oval Office in 1961 for President John F. Kennedy. It was removed from the White House only once, after the assassination of President Kennedy in 1963, when President Johnson allowed the desk to go on a traveling exhibition with the Kennedy Presidential Library. After this it was on display in the Smithsonian Institution. President Jimmy Carter brought the desk back to the Oval Office, where Presidents Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and now Barack Obama have used it.

(To put his weary feet on ) :-0

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 7 Nov 2012 08:50

Lee. Totally agree with you - they are a real class act. 85% of the world wanted Obama rather than Romney. 85%!!!!! His support both inside and outside America speaks volumes. And gives most of us a little more hope for the future this morning :-D :-D

Lee

Lee Report 7 Nov 2012 09:00

God help America with this man at the helm.

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Nov 2012 09:02

I'm sure God will :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 7 Nov 2012 10:17

God already has..lol....brilliant result :-D :-D :-D :-D

jude :-)

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 7 Nov 2012 10:21

I'm very pleased with the result :-)

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 7 Nov 2012 11:04

Brilliant result.

An intelligent man with great compassion.

Gwynne

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 7 Nov 2012 11:41

Phew!!!! :-D

Linda

Linda Report 7 Nov 2012 12:34

Great result for everyone

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Nov 2012 12:38

I think Michelle Obama had a lot to do with this victory.

She is a very clever woman with as much charisma and common touch as Princess Diana had.

As a team I think they have a great deal more strength than the Romnys appeared to have.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Nov 2012 16:27

Obama certainly is a class act ............. his speech was a demonstration of how to congratulate and acknowledge an opponent for a well-fought fight.

In fact, the whole Obama family has class.

Romney's speech demonstrated how little class he has ................. it was so grudging, and gave every appearance of being given on the fly, made up in 10 minutes. Which it probably was .................

Romney had prepared only a victory speech .................. how conceited to assume that one was going to win, and to tell the media that was what you had done!

Obama had prepared both a victory or concession speech before the night began ....... that is what most candidates, for any position, do

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 7 Nov 2012 21:08

I was more impressed by Romney than I was expecting, but was pleased the electorate chose rightly. I do hope that Obama can find a good job for Romney in this next term of office.

The big worry for the Republicans now is their internal battle between those who want to move to the centre and those who want to push the party further to the right.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 8 Nov 2012 08:39

Woke up this morning expecting to see how Florida had voted.

Nil points!!! What on earth is the hang-up. Can you imagine if the result had been as close as 8 years ago? Is that why Florida declares a month after all the other states? Hoping for a bit of theatre again.

Would someone please post Florida's voting as hardly any mention of it over this side of pond?

News this morning that Hilary Clinton may be standing down this term. What about Romney? Both he and his wife must be multi-lingual and well-travelled. Possible senior role for them on world stage?