General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

THE WEATHER IN ANGLESEY.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 22 Nov 2012 22:02

Ive never seen weather so bad as today,most b roads closed and the A55 from bangor closed from 3pm causing massive tailbacks miles long.power off here for 6hrs and i was sent home at 2pm incase of traffic.. our grandchildrens swing was blown into the field behind us and the trampoline into the neighbours garden.
terrible. :-(

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 22 Nov 2012 22:06

It is horrible weather and quite scary if you have to be out and about in it.
It sounds as if you have had it bad where you are.
Take care.

Allan

Allan Report 22 Nov 2012 22:08

A balmy 24c here Suzanne...mind you, we are still waiting for a new roller door for our carport after the original one was blown in during the storm in July!

I hope that the storm abates soon

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 22 Nov 2012 22:08

Blimey....my son has rented a cottage for a few days he went yesterday, they won't be out on the beach then! ;-)

Was on the 55 this afternoon.....thought the car was going to take off near Holywell worst weather for a long time here.

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 22 Nov 2012 22:09

thank you Ginnie.
had to do a home visit in bangor today,thought i was going to die going over the britannia bridge :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Nov 2012 22:15

Stay safe Suzanne, just been watching it on the news, hope it will ease off soon for all affected..

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 22 Nov 2012 22:16

Ann.

your son would have been able to get out between the hrs of 4pm and 6pm when the wind and rain calmed,but now at 10pm its raining hard again and the wind is getting to storm force again.

Allan
can i come and live with you :-D cant stand this Anglesey weather much longer.

I could help you roast your small furry animals on the BBQ :-D

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 22 Nov 2012 22:17

thank you RAMBLING ROSE. :-D :-D :-D

Libby

Libby Report 22 Nov 2012 22:24

Went to see my Mum back in Liverpool today, with my sister. Journey usually takes about 1.5 hours in total. Return journey was fine until just after Colwyn Bay, the final 3.5 miles took another 1.5 hours.

Funniest bit though was when we had to pull over twice to let the lifeboats pass :-0 :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 22 Nov 2012 22:24

It was really bad in S Wales too. Not as bad as you, but bad enough. Derek on the weather forecast said it would be bad all day. But wrong as usual. It got really dark just after 3pm and started raining about 3.30pm and by 5pm everywhere was flooded. Probably over an inch in just over an hour. And high winds. 6C colder and we would have had a foot of snow.

M48 was blocked by a lorry overturning, so only M4 bridge open - and 2 miles delays. And I saw those huge delays on 55 in Conwy area on news.

Tomorow looks a lot better for Wales. Eastern England may be getting a dose tomorrow - sorry those who live in E Anglia and the North East :-(

Allan

Allan Report 22 Nov 2012 22:27

I must warn you, Suzanne, that we have equally bad storms over here although not as frequently, and certainly nothing like the eastern States. That's in winter; in Summer we have bush fires

Small furry animals are hard to find after the fires, but those that you do find are ready cooked..a bit like a gourmet take-away :-D :-D

Seriously, though, I do hope that you stay safe :-)

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 22 Nov 2012 22:31

JOHN AND LIBBY

the worst of the floods were around conway and llandudno. tailbacks on the A55 started at bangor,the conway tunnel was closed causing a lot of problems.

but the rain and wind in Anglesey was scary. 110mph recorded in snowdonia.

about 70-80mph here.
more tomorrow :-D :-D

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend Report 22 Nov 2012 22:32

John I'm in Essex and the forecast is okay for tomorrow :-D

Strong winds and rain overnight though :-(

Stay safe everyone,

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 22 Nov 2012 22:38

thank you Lesley. :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 22 Nov 2012 22:47

Stay safe, Suzanne and all our friends experiencing the dreadful weather <3

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 22 Nov 2012 22:49

Hubby drove back to Cardigan Bay and he hit the flooded roads about 10 miles west of Carmarthen.

He pulled over and contemplated whether to drive through one lake, a smaller car than ours made it so he carried on and avoided the detours just being marked out.

Threw it down here in the Valleys for a couple of hours,a bit windy but not too bad.

Sue

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 22 Nov 2012 22:53

Watch this............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20451388

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 22 Nov 2012 22:54

Suzanne Hope your best friend will (sic) not have to fly tomorrow. :-)

Lesley - you always avoid it :-D

Allan - you don't even know you are born. We have WEATHER. I have an OBE for surviving 1947 in my pram and a CBE for getting my dad's newspapers out in 1963. Too upsetting to tell you what we went through then.

One painful story. I remember the coal lorry couldn't get out and we had no fuel at all. Dad sucked a polo and we all clustered round him to try and get some heat. :-(

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 22 Nov 2012 23:16

Llanberis, that's where the Snowdonia Marathon starts from, good job it wasn't a couple of weeks ago OH would have needed flippers :-(

Allan

Allan Report 22 Nov 2012 23:24

Lol John The old ones are the best, jokes that is! :-D

I too remember 1963: also the winter of 47/48,( although remember is perhaps too strong a word for 47/48 as I was only brand spanking new) and the summer of 1959