General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Advice please

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Dec 2012 14:55

What shall I spend it on? I have received the great sum of £10 from DWP. I know, I know and I am sooo grateful for small (really small) mercies but don't know what to buy with it. :-D I am sure someone will have an idea.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 3 Dec 2012 15:04

Next GR renewal?

or tan lotion for your next holiday in the sun.

the list is endless :)))))....or if you have no use for it......stick it in a charity box... ;-) :-D :-D :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 3 Dec 2012 15:05

Oh, I got that as well, I have no idea why

We could pool it and get something better, but then who would have it :-S

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Dec 2012 15:08

You could book Russell Watson for a private evening of entertainment.

He is only a tenner :-) ;-)

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 3 Dec 2012 15:08

Ann
A bottle of wine? 2 cups of coffee + sweet mince pies? box of chocolates for your neighbour?....or give to charity ...doesn't go far but 'every little helps' :-D

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 3 Dec 2012 15:11

Perhaps it was a cold weather payment. Has it been really cold where you are? :-|

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Dec 2012 15:14

Ten things from Pound Shop?

Or one thing from Tenner Lady?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Dec 2012 15:25

John :-D Like your advice. It was meant to be light hearted, I know where it comes from it is a bonus on the pension which has stayed at the same rate for ****?? years. I probably already give more than that amount to charity around Christmas (and other times) already.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Dec 2012 15:27

not had mine yet - but when I do shall spend it on something decadent - a bottle of red nail varnish or a red lipstick :-D :-D

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 3 Dec 2012 15:29

Yep a £10 xmas bonus for being a good girl :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Dec 2012 15:34

Must have got mine by mistake. OH has got his too. Good idea Ann

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Dec 2012 15:41

AnnG :-D :-D :-D

Many years ago I had £1,000 floating around spare. So I wanged it in a pension with Equitable Life. They were then absorbed into Prudential.

I get my annual pension on 1 Dec each year for the £1k annuity. Try not to spend, spend, spend. Probably just chip a bit off mortgage.

Last year I got £8.22. This year Prudential inform me it has reduced to £8.17p.a. (after tax of £2). :-D :-D :-D

LollyWithSprinklez

LollyWithSprinklez Report 3 Dec 2012 16:11

Saw the £10 on my statement this morning and had no idea why? so thanks for that
mores the pity my small occupation pension is taxable so doesn't make up for that :-(

Now what to spend it on???

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 3 Dec 2012 16:15

Just put my £10 towards a new dresing gown from M & S.on sale today 20% off the price plus Free delivery.

And I will have it for Friday..

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Dec 2012 16:38

Sounds good Sue.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 3 Dec 2012 16:40

Oooh I just looked at my account and I got £10 as well! *rushes out to buy nice bottle of wine.... :-D <3

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 3 Dec 2012 16:51

BC Thought you might buy a bottle of Baileys. :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Dec 2012 16:52

Can you actually get a bottle of Baileys for £10?

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 3 Dec 2012 17:04

No girls, the Baileys is for special occasions ;-) <3 A nice crisp white wine with a peachy bouquet will do me fine for now.... :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 3 Dec 2012 17:20

£12 in Tescos at the moment

you could get something from the supermarket and give it to the food bank

Just a thought Ann.....take all the suggestions and write them down on scraps of paper.....put them in a hat and choose.....with your eyes closed of course :-D