General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

21st December

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 20 Dec 2012 20:39

And I'm still here, or at least I think I am. It is very early morning so can not see a thing. No sound of any cars, and it's too early for the birds.

I nearly tripped over the bl**dy cat, so at least two of us have survived the end of the world.

Mind you, the ancient Mayans may not have taken into account the different time zones both national and international.

For the reast of the day I will probably be like something that shakes on the sea bed...a nervous wreck :-D :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 20 Dec 2012 20:41

It's only early yet, Allan - still plenty of time for the end to occur :-0

Allan

Allan Report 20 Dec 2012 20:44

I know, Sue and I've got to help out at a Sausage Sizle soon....do I go or do I open the two bottles of expensive whisky I have.

I could probably do both, but I'd have to be careful not to breathe too close to the burners....I wouldn't want to go before my time! :-D

GeordiePride

GeordiePride Report 20 Dec 2012 20:51

Allan - You won't hear a thing in your bomb proof bunker so I would stay there for a couple of days until the dust settles. The Sydney bridge now joins Newcastle and Gateshead and its resting on blocks until the engineers arrives. We have about 3 hours to go before our time is up but luckly the local newspaper stated that Geordieland may not be affected due to its geographical position so Wales and Scotland will take the brunt.

GP

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 20 Dec 2012 20:51

Just think how silly you will look having drunk all your expensive whiskey, turned up at the sausage sizzle sozzled and it's all been for nothing :-0

Allan

Allan Report 20 Dec 2012 20:55

Not for nothing, Sue, that whisky cost me an arm and a leg! :-D :-D

Geordie, I'm just off to check my whisky to make sure that you haven't got to it before me :-D :-D

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 20 Dec 2012 20:58

If the Mayans prophesied the end of the world,

why didn't they foresee their own end....?? :-D

Allan

Allan Report 20 Dec 2012 21:00

They did, Sheila, it took place on 21st December 1500 BC..so all the Christmas trees they put up were a waste of time :-D :-D :-D

GeordiePride

GeordiePride Report 20 Dec 2012 21:02

Allan - Only the bridge came over here. I think you must have strapped your cases of whiskey down pretty strongly as we only got a whiff of it in the air.

GP

McB

McB Report 20 Dec 2012 21:07

I'm going down the bookies & put everything on that it will end & if there right

I've made a killing. lol

Allan

Allan Report 20 Dec 2012 21:18

lol @ GP amd McB :-D :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 20 Dec 2012 21:21

all you who think the end of the worlds coming
please feel free to drop your valubles at Strays

she would much appriciate it i am sure lol :-D :-D

Merlin

Merlin Report 20 Dec 2012 21:26

There,s no Answer to that Joy,(Not you could put on here anyway.) :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 20 Dec 2012 21:27

lol Joy, I'll just stroll across the Sydney Bridge if GP is correct :-D

Mind you, I still have to get from Perth to Sydney :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 20 Dec 2012 21:40

i would really like to know for sure if its going to happen
save me doing my food shop for christmas :-D lol

better cancelle the christmas slippers
no good buying them if we are not gonna get the wear out of them :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 20 Dec 2012 21:45

Well I've decided to Join the Salvation Army and then pour brandy over myself and set fire to it.

I want to go out in a blaze of glory :-D :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 20 Dec 2012 21:48

grabs tabourine

and joins Alllan with the chorus :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 20 Dec 2012 21:51

lol Joy

It reminds me of the old joke about the girl from the Salvation Army who took up Bondage as she knew that she was bound for glory ;-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 20 Dec 2012 22:15

lol Allan :-D :-D
guess if it does end

i will never know if this 24 hour spot killer cream works :-D :-D

ann

ann Report 20 Dec 2012 22:22

Well if you all miss it, watch it on Catch Up!!!