General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What is your phobic

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Jan 2013 00:45

The MOTH gets weird with (some) heights. I saw him stand on the edge of the Grand Canyon, while I stood a safe distance away! He says he trusts nature but not man-made, but he's fine climbing a ladder! We got in a gondola (the mountain type, not water), and his face went white when he saw how high we were going ~ so he sat on the floor, with his head under my coat. We got some funny looks :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Jan 2013 00:54

I love spiders :-D
Not too keen on heights, but used to be okay.
As a child in Mevagissey, we (local children) used to jump off the cliffs onto the beach (avoiding the rocks below). I only realised it may have been a bit dangerous when the coastguard helicopter came to rescue 2 climbers climbing the very cliff we jumped off!!
So, when I can afford it, I intend to go abseiling :-D

I couldn't go in a hot air ballon though

:-(

I think my greates phobia is self-opinionated A*seh*les!

K

K Report 15 Jan 2013 04:13

Spiders - but worse than that loud noises as my hearing is too accute. Phobia started when since a builder fired masonery bullits into the wall next to me at work one day with no warning. Everyone in the office levitated in the seats. :-S

I now carry ear plugs :-D

Michelle

Michelle Report 15 Jan 2013 09:29

I will have to get back to you when I found out what it is, I have no issues with spiders, insects, heights etc

RStar

RStar Report 15 Jan 2013 19:47

Supercrutch, I have 2 lofts in my house (although the house is small!), one loft hatch is immediately above my bed :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Jan 2013 19:53

Polystyrene,can barely look at it.Heights,crowds,enclosed spaces, most things.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 15 Jan 2013 20:10

The dark :-( :-(