General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

From my window I can see - a flock of seagulls,

Page 3 + 1 of 6

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 4 Feb 2013 13:14

Thank you all for taking time to gaze out of your windows, it has been great reading about all you can see.

:-)

GoldenGirl1

GoldenGirl1 Report 4 Feb 2013 13:17

The views you are putting on here people sound
fantastic.....lucky you :-)

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 4 Feb 2013 13:35

From the kitchen window I see the garden, the trees round the playpark, and lots of birds. :-)

From the front, if I'm lucky I just see the tarmac and ( thank God) a tree across the parking area, , if I'm unlucky I see someone's bleep bleep van stuck four feet away and blocking out most of the already limited light :-P

Merlin

Merlin Report 4 Feb 2013 13:58

From my front Bay,I see the Fishpond, lots of birds feeding and bathing,(They come twice a day, and a few Seagulls,I,m about 5mins walk from the beach,most of them stay there or go inland to the tips to scavenge.

Island

Island Report 4 Feb 2013 14:05

I looked out of my window earlier and saw a dog trying to bury a bone in lino ;-) :-D

Give it a rest John for goodness sake, stop looking for something that isn't there.

I have all sorts of birds chirping in the hedgerows opposite my window. :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 4 Feb 2013 14:16

Island. If people keep trying to wield the hatchet, I am happy enough to wave it round as well.

Isn't it about time (after 6 months on chat and usually being nice and friendly) that you buried the hatchet. :-S :-S It is boring me a lot now - and others probably. I am not the Welsh WUM that was on these boards 10 years ago - honest!

aivlyS

aivlyS Report 4 Feb 2013 14:18

honest? lol

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 4 Feb 2013 14:21

If i look out of my front windows i see the bungalows across the road , behind them i can see Prestatyn hill with just a few house here and there on the hill .
oh and some gulls flying around . Out the back i can see my washing flying in the wind lol . but if i look to the right i can see the tall poplar trees(i think they are poplar trees ) which are bending in the strong wind .
Hazelx

Merlin

Merlin Report 4 Feb 2013 14:30

Wend, you better cover up your Shubunkins,or the RR er with get busy.and as for Bushes being nicely trimmed,The best way to do that is with" Nibblers" they do a very fine job with close styling. :-D :-D :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 4 Feb 2013 14:35

Out the back I see my pond,,,,,shrubs and oak trees various birds and lots of treerats ,,,,,,the front my garden and a large area of green,,,,,,a 2 min walk deer in the park of a stately house and open countryside...from upstairs 3 spires of various churches,,,,,,and more countryside..........

oh and the birds my dictonary defines as-------Seagulls,,,,. swooping and scavenging round and making their screaming cries......

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 4 Feb 2013 14:39

I don't know about seagulls, but there's a lot of snipes around lately.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 4 Feb 2013 14:44

Bit early for the grouse season, Rose :-D

Island

Island Report 4 Feb 2013 14:49

Not many people do know about 'seagulls' Rose, don't worry about it.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 4 Feb 2013 14:54

I bet the people who compile the English dictionary dont realsie their seagull mistake then,you would think they'd employ better experts.......

:-D.

Rose. :-D

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 4 Feb 2013 14:57

Kay, your view sounds lovely :-D I think I may move there next time ( wherever it is!).

Kay????

Kay???? Report 4 Feb 2013 15:14

Theres some lovely countryside rest homes,,,,,,

you want to pre-book..... ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 4 Feb 2013 18:28

What can you see from your windows has been a lovely thread when it stuck with topic.

Felt sorry about the car park and high sided van outside one side of Rose's, but at least there was a lovely view in other direction. And some of your views sounded absolutely superb.

This part of the world in South Wales is stunning at times. I love my views, being quite high above the rivers (Cynon, Rhondda Fach and Rhondda Fawr) running through the valleys. And the bin men came today - so even my near view is quite tidy again :-D :-D

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 4 Feb 2013 18:47

It has been a good thread John

Pity I wasn't more careful with what I put at the start, maybe we wouldn't have strayed off topic if I hadn't started talking about those pesky birds !!!!

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 4 Feb 2013 18:55

:-D :-D :-D

Best to always use Latin names for birds and animals. Laridae is much clearer. Saves us getting confused about what is meant :-) ;-)

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 4 Feb 2013 19:15

experientia docet

I will know another time :-)