General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

pregnant

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Feb 2013 10:37

Why is it the thing to do know walk round in swimwear.When pregnant !Coleen Rooney! for one not a nice look my opinion

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 14 Feb 2013 10:45

I don't like the bare-midriff-when-pregnant look either but I guess I'm categorised as an old fuddy duddy .

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 14 Feb 2013 10:46

I love to see a pregnant woman, no matter what they are wearing. Such a message of hope in a doom filled world!

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 14 Feb 2013 10:47

Proud to be pregnant and looking good is their excuse... we were pleased & proud too but did not expose all... in my case it definitely would not have looked good :-0

Landed whale comes to mind :-D

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 14 Feb 2013 10:49

As long as they are on the beach when they're in the swimwear I guess it's appropriate.

Wouldn't like to see it at Asda though :-D

Paula+

Paula+ Report 14 Feb 2013 10:57

I think we were lucky in the 60s, with flower power loose dresses and smock tops, very trendy and bang in fashion. I like to see pregnant women, they can look blooming and radiant , but some to squeeze into tight ill fitting clothes which is not a good look for anyone in my opinion.

Island

Island Report 14 Feb 2013 11:04

What about non pregnant large bare bellies? Beer pots and muffin tops?

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 14 Feb 2013 11:06

Ever since I became pregnant (about 20 years ago) I have been embarrassed to show my bump on the beach. Like Paula, I wear flowery and loose tops. ;-)

Island

Island Report 14 Feb 2013 11:09

Don't be silly John.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 14 Feb 2013 11:11

Used to look like Charles Atlas. Now Fred Emney. Sympathy thread required. :-D

Paula+

Paula+ Report 14 Feb 2013 11:11

Oh I see John, so are you telling us in your alter ego you are actually a woman ;-) ;-)

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 14 Feb 2013 11:13

Don't no if its because i'm a man and a father but ever since my wife was pregnant with our first child Ive always found pregnant women very attractive,

Is this normal?

Roy

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 14 Feb 2013 11:13

I do have a loving and gentle side, Paula. And a large and protuberating front
:-( :-(

Paula+

Paula+ Report 14 Feb 2013 11:14

No shame in that John :-D :-D

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 14 Feb 2013 11:15

:-D John

A bit of brisk exercise has been proven to help

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 14 Feb 2013 11:20

I had lost 20 pounds, Carol. Then had 6 pancakes on Tuesday evening :-( :-( :-(

For what it's worth, have not seen photos of Kate and will be more excited to see them in July when baby (ies) are born. I think people should desport themselves on the beach how they feel comfortable - taking into account local customs and attitudes. And most cultures would not bat an eyelid at a pregnant and bare midriff.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 14 Feb 2013 12:10

Getting back to the topic..............................my youngest is pregnant and she can wear whatever she feels comfortable in. I do believe that she would be more likely to wear a maternity costume..otherwise grandson is likely to be yelling at the exposed bump asking when his sister is coming out? :-D :-D :-D

Merlin

Merlin Report 14 Feb 2013 13:03

Island :-D I do hope that your post was not a self description. :-D :-D :-D :-D ;-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Feb 2013 13:16

Thanks for comments lovely frock john .big red flowers go with your nose x.each to our own .i must be fuddy duddy Karen .in our day big & proud .but more discreet :-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 14 Feb 2013 14:21

I have to remark though, last summer I saw lots of pregnant 'girls' pushing a buggy and exposing a huge bump absolutely covered in stretch marks. Now that I did not find attractive in any way :-( :-(