General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where do you go to find tranquility?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 24 Feb 2013 23:37

I was thinking earlier about maybe taking a day away to Chester, to sit by the river, near the suspension bridge and just be peaceful for a while.

Do you have a favourite place, near or far, where you like to sit and let troubles slip away for a bit?

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 24 Feb 2013 23:44

A walk across to the island ( my Avatar) to sit and look out to sea......or a trip anywhere up/along the coast to one of the many beaches :-)

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 24 Feb 2013 23:52

It looks very nice there Mau :-)

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 25 Feb 2013 00:01

It is Rose and a favourite spot for many :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Feb 2013 00:02

Lots of spots around Pagham Harbour and my shed.

PatrickM

PatrickM Report 25 Feb 2013 00:56

Mauonthecoast, It does look nice there.

To answer Rose, I know some will knock the idea, but for me it is going into my own mind, In other words meditation.

I can go where ever I please, it can be as quiet or as busy as a decide. I can sit in the park by the London Eye and be the only one there on a nice summers day. I hear the insects, birds even the breeze talking.
Or I could be any where in the world, in the Maldives, Machu Picchu or even Al Khazneh.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Feb 2013 01:00

bed

vera2010

vera2010 Report 25 Feb 2013 01:11

I too go into my own mind to try to get any worries or anxiety under control.
Anywhere as long as its quiet and private. I have been known to sit in a church.

Vera

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 25 Feb 2013 09:10

To my little patio when the sun is shining and the roses in bloom and the neighbours are not rowing. It could be anywhere in the world :-) <3

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 25 Feb 2013 09:24

Bed....and look at my craft books:))))

jude :-)

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 25 Feb 2013 09:44

I find a read works for me...doesn't have to be anywhere specific but just for long enough that I can enter into another world for a while...

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Feb 2013 10:06

I certainly would not consider the Chat board to be a place of tranquility :-( :-D Let's hope there's some respite today

Julia

Julia Report 25 Feb 2013 10:14

I go into me greenhouse, and shut the door.
Roll on planting time.

Julia in Derbyshire

Dermot

Dermot Report 25 Feb 2013 10:14

My family treat - Devon Cream Tea in Topsham followed by a leisurely stroll along the Exe Estuary on a summer's evening.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 25 Feb 2013 10:24

I have ancestors from the Topsham/Lympstone area, Dermot.

My OH and I go for a walk early in the morning along the lake near our home. It's quiet except for the many birds that are waking up. There are a pair of beautiful black swans on the lake and some ducks. We see the same people on the footpath and a smile and a 'good morning' works wonders. A great start to the day.

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 25 Feb 2013 11:41

Rambling Rose ,
i love it there by the river OH and me went last summer ,
I did go there when there was a meet i think it was maybe 2/3 yrs ago now , but we couldn't stay very long so didn't really get to talk to many people , but at the moment it's too cold for me .
If you go i hope you have a lovely relaxing time .
:-D :-D
Hazelx

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 25 Feb 2013 12:03

Any woodland, I was born and raised in the countryside just 2 miles from where I live now and the woods always have a safe and welcoming feel to them.

xx

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 25 Feb 2013 12:11

Hazel I met you there :-D It would be nice if someone organised another meet .

Kitty, I love woods :-)

It's certainly not tranquil here this morning, lol the phone has rung 4 times and I'm ignoring it I'm afraid while I get some work done.

Mersey

Mersey Report 25 Feb 2013 13:14

I love walking the dog, wellies on and we are away I can walk miles without realising it, blows the cobwebs away and takes me to tranquility......

Also have to say I love reading but I do have to have complete silence no television, music or noise, just me and my book/kindle :-)

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 25 Feb 2013 13:22

Like Kitty I go to the woods, sit by our pond & listen to the birds. One of the joys of living in the countryside :-)