General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Your thoughts on the Jeremy kyle show

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 31 May 2013 12:53

I wonder about some of the people who appear on the Jeremy Kyle show - do they get paid - what is the incentive.

I can understand the need for a DNA to determine the parentage which for some they wouldn't be able to afford otherwise. However some of their behaviour is just stomach churning

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 31 May 2013 13:05

Strange isn`t it ... There`s no accounting for some peoples taste in entertainment.

My thoughts on the Jeremy Vile Show :-P :-P :-P

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 31 May 2013 13:10

I think they do it for their 15 minutes of fame? I think they get expenses covered but doubt they get paid.

Are you enquiring with a view to being the next Star? of the show

Roy

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 31 May 2013 13:16

I don't watch the show at home, but have seen it on occasions as all the old ladies in the home where I used to work loved it lol. I used to enjoy listening to their comments shouted at the tv ;-)

I think the show is such a sad reflection on life, and as for Mr Kyle himself - I would love to slap him round the face with a wet kipper.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 31 May 2013 13:57

I'm sure they are hand picked to stir the best viewing rates.,,,,,and who wear the white trainers, and of course have 2+children floating about,,,,,,,,,oh and are activly seeking employment.

:-)

GinN

GinN Report 31 May 2013 14:33

Wouldn't watch that rubbish for anything - my idea of TV hell! :-P

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 31 May 2013 14:35

Can proudly say that I have never watched this drivel.

Exploitation of the less intelligent and less fortunate in society - reminiscant of throwing the Christians to the Lions.

A really good chance for middle englanders to feel superior to those less fortunate than themselves. And then they can say look how our money is spent etc. etc.,

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 31 May 2013 14:38

I have only watched it once, I could not believe the way Jeremy Kyle goaded the participants, all to make a programme. As BR says there is no accounting for taste.

BarneyKent

BarneyKent Report 31 May 2013 14:41

Ugh! Yuk! Reach for sick bag! If this was the only type of programme on TV I would sell my set immediately.

Amazing to believe that the same medium which gives us this tripe can also provide such wonderful drama as Ice Cream Girls, Broadchurch and Life of Crime and the wildlife and documentary programmes which British TV excels in.

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 1 Jun 2013 12:33

PP - trust you.....

This is a lifestyle choice - Personally I couldn't demean myself to take part.

The show is very popular just wonder how many people would admit to watching it.

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 1 Jun 2013 13:36

Well, I have to confess......I watch It !!

I'm just intrigued about their lives.....because there are people out there just like them.

What I cant understand is their Mangey Teeth......cant believe so many of them cant give up the Booze & Cigges & Tattoo money and get them sorted.....Yes before anyone says the dentist are expensive & ( I agree) , I believe certain benefits allow for teeth treatment.

Jermey Kyle has a USA show as well ....Americans Love him, I watch it out there too ..LOL :-D

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 1 Jun 2013 13:40

When I think of the Jeremy Kyle show I just think dregs of society :-|

Mersey

Mersey Report 1 Jun 2013 13:49

Lets be real about this, they have so called researchers whom will dig and dig from each person involved in the story line or "plot" to get the best television.!!

He said, she said...all followed by "The researcher told us you said this".......

Some of the people on there have more than there fare share of issues, and I find that the issues no matter what they might be, are stretched and some very unstable people are used to make this programme .

Not my cup of tea im afraid....I can not stand people being ridiculed no matter what lives they choose to lead or are following......Degrading to those who know no better...

In my personal view of course

GenealogyResearchAssistance

GenealogyResearchAssistance Report 1 Jun 2013 13:56

I think the Jeremy Kyle show is staged on a par with other chat shows which over the years have been exposed as staged.

Vanessa being the one that comes instantly to mind. But there where others on at the same time. There was photographic evidence of the same people being in the audience on numerous shows and a couple of months later being centre stage on the show.

I can't imagine me ever wanting to watch such trash but then again I hardly watch TV anyway.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Jun 2013 16:50

I think some watch this because they have bad lives but it makes them feel so much better that people have far worse lives that them.

I was watching one programme about 2005 and the young couple came from Daventry. They really appeared to hate each other, both became violent and they had to be dragged apart by security. One of the most hateful and vile couples who had appeared on Kyle up until then.

Following day (show may have been recorded) the same couple were happily walking through Daventry town centre hand in hand. They were a poor couple, I would say - but they had had their moment of fame. And probably a small appearance fee and certainly a night in a luxury hotel with all expenses paid. No wonder they were happy - they had just conned Kyle and 5 million others :-( :-(

Mersey

Mersey Report 1 Jun 2013 18:30

Like alot of things on Jeremy Kyle and other places ;-), things are surmised , whats the point !!!.....

John how the diddley doos do you surmise they were a poor couple......least of all Jeremy Kyle being conned...pmsl

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 1 Jun 2013 18:40

When old Jezza Kyle started I was in school and it was something everyone poked fun at as most of the guests were nuts ! We had a score sheet guessing how many kids they had , how many teeth were missing and if they passed whatever test .
These days if it's on I just think really ??? This is what parts of our nations are like ?
However on my down days I do think it could be worse I could be on Jeremy Kyle lol

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 1 Jun 2013 18:58

well well well

I have rarely seen it and certainly would not be sad or lonely enough to recall which year I saw a particular episode or details of it - they all meld into one. I am not that big a fan lol

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Jun 2013 19:24

Will someone please tell Mersey how you know whether a young couple are poor or not. I can't be bothered - life is a bit too short :-( :-(

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 1 Jun 2013 19:31

pmsl