General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

the deaf wife

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Mar 2014 11:55

Bert feared his wife Peg wasn't hearing as well as she used to and he thought she might need a hearing aid.

Not quite sure how to approach her, he called the family Doctor to discuss the problem.

The Doctor told him there is a simple informal test the husband could perform to give the Doctor a better idea about her hearing loss.

'Here's what you do,' said the Doctor, 'stand about 40 feet away from her, and in a normal conversational speaking tone see if she hears you. If not, go to 30 feet, then 20 feet, and so on until you get a response.'

That evening, the wife is in the kitchen cooking dinner, and he was In the den. He says to himself, 'I'm about 40 feet away, let's see what happens.' Then in a normal tone he asks, 'Honey, what's for dinner?'

No response.

So the husband moves closer to the kitchen, about 30 feet from his wife and repeats, 'Peg, what's for dinner?'

Still no response.

Next he moves into the dining room where he is about 20 feet from his Wife and asks, 'Honey, what's for dinner?'

Again he gets no response.

So, he walks up to the kitchen door, about 10 feet away. 'Honey, what's for dinner?'

Again there is no response.

So he walks right up behind her. 'Peg, what's for dinner?'

(I just love this)

'For F*-# sake, Bert, for the FIFTH time, CHICKEN!'

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 28 Mar 2014 11:59

:-D :-D :-D

Roy

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 28 Mar 2014 12:00

Liked that :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Should be ok as there has been a noticeable absence of the phantom finger in recent days ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Mar 2014 12:02

don't be holding your breath :-D

Wend

Wend Report 28 Mar 2014 12:04

Love it :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Mar 2014 12:04

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 28 Mar 2014 12:09

Sounds like our house. He won't accept he doesn't hear things, says I whisper. Then he complains that I don't hear what he is saying. ( I have an OFF button !! ).

I have been thinking the same OFITG.

M.... :-)

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 28 Mar 2014 12:11

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 28 Mar 2014 12:17

r r r r

nah! I wont!!!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 28 Mar 2014 12:33

BuT!!

there was a guy that had problems.......(you know) and he found a wizard that taught him a spell to help him in the bedroom.(for a price) he had to take a small swig of elixir and shortly after say One, two. three........
and he would rise for the occasion as it were........
but this would only work once a month.......!!
however he asked how do I get back to normal?

just say one ,two, three, FOUR! the wizard tells him. but remember this potion only works once a month!!!

and so it came to pass that his better half was receptive, and so he goes into the bathroom has a swig and then gets into bed........

a minute or two later when all felt ready, he whispers under his breath........one,two three..........and indeed he was ready.........

at the crucial moment his wife says....oooh! ......thats' nice, ....but....what did you say one, two, three,........for?

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 28 Mar 2014 12:44

Bobtanian :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Mar 2014 13:51

There was the bloke who was one of sixteen children because he had a deaf mother.

"Do you want to go to sleep or what?"

"What?"

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Mar 2014 14:41

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Merlin

Merlin Report 28 Mar 2014 15:06

Brilliant :-D :-D :-D :-D

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 28 Mar 2014 15:16

Sharron :-D :-D :-D took a few seconds for the penny to drop :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 29 Mar 2014 07:28

Do you know why Bach had so many children?

Because his organ didn't have any stops :-D

I wonder how long this will last. :-|

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Mar 2014 12:17

:-D :-D :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Mar 2014 12:18

then there was a guy who got his hearing back with a new hearing aid "How do your family feel about it?" he was asked

"I've not told them yet, I'm just listening! :-D :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 29 Mar 2014 12:40

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Mar 2014 16:21

:-D :-D :-D :-D

To all the jokes!! :-D