General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I won't need the 'mute' button

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 4 Apr 2014 17:39

on Strictly anymore - Bruce is finished with it. Joy to the world!!!! :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Apr 2014 17:41

I gather you're not too keen on Mr Forsyth, Chris :-D :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 4 Apr 2014 17:48

Thanks for that Chris...best news I've heard
in ages :-D :-D

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 4 Apr 2014 17:50

I agree and it was a long time coming :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Apr 2014 18:03

I found him cringe making :-(

Almost felt embarrassed on his behalf at all the unfunny corn

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Apr 2014 18:12

Hallelujia!!!!!!

Phyll

Phyll Report 4 Apr 2014 18:21

Ditto AnnCardiff

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 4 Apr 2014 18:28

How on earth did you deduce that Maggie?????

Even in his younger days I found that he talked down to his guests. Since he went on Strictly I have found him embarrassing even with the mute on!!!

Only thing OH says in his favour that apparently he is a brilliant pianist.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 4 Apr 2014 18:36

That's made my day :-D

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 4 Apr 2014 18:43

You beat me to it Chris, I saw this earlier but could not get to a puter! Start spreading the news.

Yay!!!!!!!!!

I just hope that a Certain Someone's husband does not get the job.

I am in favour of Anton. He is very personable, and he knows what he is talking about!

:-)

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 5 Apr 2014 18:05

Yeah bet that sends the viewing figures up next series............if you look at the yearly strictly threads on here 50% of the posts comment wish that Brucey will sling his hook :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Apr 2014 18:17

I'd like Anton to do it as well :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 5 Apr 2014 18:34

I am sobbing over here!!

:-\ :-\ :-\

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 5 Apr 2014 18:38

Excellent news, he has been an embarrassment for years

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 5 Apr 2014 21:08

I have just spent a pleasant time reading the online Guardian readers comments on the Bruce Forsyth stand down of Strictly.....well worth a read.....most amusing and witty people on there.....I even laughed out loud a few times.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/apr/04/bruce-forsyth-steps-down-strictly-come-dancing

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 5 Apr 2014 22:48

Oooh er, just read the comments on the Guardian piece. There was no holding back was there?

I quite like the idea of Claudia peeping out from behind her fringe!

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 5 Apr 2014 23:54

I have just spent time reading the online Guardian readers comments on the Bruce Forsyth stand down of Strictly...........

I didn't find any of those comments pleasant, let alone amusing. :-(

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 6 Apr 2014 00:30

Ah well.....must be my warped sense of humour....I agree that some of them weren't nice but a lot of them were quite witty....still vive la difference :-D

Funny though......they were all allowed to say exactly as they pleased.....something GRers harp on about quite often......maybe all the nasty comments should have been RRed ;-)

Exactly what amused me MG...there certainly was no holding back.....Just think, GR could be like that too, if some have their way :-D

Edited.

In my defence :-D. I was reading it objectively .....but there is a point to be made about different forums methinks......but for another thread if anyone cares to put one up.

I don't think I said any of the comments were pleasant and tongue in cheek should be noted......or perhaps not in this case :-D

Edited yet again because I can........

before anyone jumps down my throat.........I more or less skimped over any really nasty comments but saw the pure wit of some of the posters who seemed quite laid back, which is what I tried to relay here but didn't make too good a job of it it seems......I wonder if anyone else can see what I saw by reading it objectively.....The rest is human nature, not quite at its worst but as PH thinks...not nice.

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 6 Apr 2014 01:09

(((((((((hugs)))))))))) no more sobbing now PH :-D

I think Tess and Claudia do a good when Bruce isnt there hope they continue and please someone tell me that Bruce is taking Anton with him :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 6 Apr 2014 01:12

~~~~~ to Hayley

I read somewhere that Anton was in line to take over......not that it bothers me cos I don't watch it lol :-D