General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Made the announcement

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jul 2016 14:31

Today I have been to the parish lunch where I have made it known publicly that I am willing to have my head shaved for McMillan.

Organizing is not my forte at all so a couple of women in the village who are into all that sort of thing are going to do all that for me.

Looks like it is going to have to happen now!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 21 Jul 2016 14:35

wow Sharron -what a brave and selfless thing to do - good on you!!! <3 <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jul 2016 14:47

Ann, it's hair. I wouldn't have teeth out or a leg off for it.

Having a cold head for a few weeks is nothing much and you never know when you might need them.

Dermot

Dermot Report 21 Jul 2016 17:48

Some of us no longer need our head shaved. But that's another tale.

I don't mind talking about hares though.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Jul 2016 22:02

Well done, Sharron! :-D :-D <3 <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 21 Jul 2016 22:09

What a great decision.

Please keep us updated as to when this will take place.

I'll sponsor you.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Jul 2016 22:54

Good on you Sharron, shall I knit you a wooly hat?
Keep us posted, please, and there must be photographs!

Lizxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jul 2016 23:07

There will have to be at least one photograph if I have any hope of being sponsored. I could tell you anything.

It is the church fete on Saturday. We need to get this over with before we decide on a date and I need that before I can sign up officially.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Jul 2016 23:19

Fair enough, but word can be spread on Saturday to prepare people

Lizxx

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Jul 2016 01:05

I will definate ly sponser you, Sharron, is there a gift page? or summat?

Huia

Huia Report 22 Jul 2016 06:09

Good on you. I did that 3 or 4 years ago. I was advised to have a #1 cut rather than a shave, not sure why, but I raised quite a bit. I had a page for pledges and a tin in the Hospice shop for cash donations.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 22 Jul 2016 09:42

Oh well done Sharron <3. Keep me posted with the details of donations and I will gladly contribute

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Jul 2016 10:25

I was only thinking just now how much I will look like Humpty Dumpty.

Probably the best thing I can do is to arrange to meet one of the members when I have had it done so they can verify that I am not working a scam.

One really lovely lady, in fact she will be organizing most of it, said she would be so sorry to see me lose my head hair, couldn't I do somewhere else! Well, no, if I am having it done in public, it must be head!

I hope she spoke spontaneously or was thinking I might have my legs waxed or something.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Jul 2016 20:59

:-0 :-0 :-0

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Jul 2016 21:56

I'll sponsor you as well Sharron - no need for a photo - I believe you - just let me have details of where to send it

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 23 Jul 2016 17:12

Sharron - same as above - will be happy to sponsor. :-D

Joeva

Joeva Report 24 Jul 2016 17:45

You can register on here Sharon ............... respect to you for raising funds ..... I too will sponsor you on this site. https://bravetheshave.org.uk/join/

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Jul 2016 20:18

I can't register yet as we don't have a date.

The ladies I have railroaded into organizing it are also the church fete committee and that was yesterday so they now have time to get to grips with this.

While I don't mind letting them have the use of my head, I don't trust myself, especially in my current state of mind, to organize the rest of it.

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Jul 2016 12:30

Have just spoken to my lovely lady who is organizing and we are having a meeting on 5th August about arrangements.

Looks like we have all the great and the good of the village on board.

I will be able to register after that and get the sponsorship forms and things but it looks like you can do it directly to the site by putting in the name of the person you are sponsoring.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 26 Jul 2016 19:26

Do you propose a special event in the village for this wondrous happening or maybe you will combine it with Harvest festivities in the parish?